HDMI HELP! RXV-2700 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-23-2013, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
I am hoping someone can give me some assistance. I have recently purchased a Yamaha RXV 2700. I have a Toshiba DVD player and I'm trying to pass the HDMI cable through the receiver to the plasma tv. The screen will work for a bit, but after about 15 seconds the screen cuts out completely, alternative between blue and black screen (almost as if it is scanning or looking for the source?) - similarly the sound cuts in and out. I tried connecting my computer using an HDMI cable -> receiver -> TV and it worked fine!

* Is there a setting on the DVD player or Receiver that i need to change?
* Is it not compatible with that particular DVD player?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I purchased this receiver specifically for the HDMI pass-through abilities to 'de-clutter' the cables and get lossless sound etc. I'm pulling my hair out.

If this thread has been discussed before, could you please direct me on how to get to that thread. Again, first time here and I need some assistance.

Thanks in advance for a reply
Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-23-2013, 09:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 99
I would not have expected that to happen with DVD. More often that used to happen with cable boxes. So I am worried it's a bad HDMI chip.

Did you try a different HDMI cable?

Are the vents on the 2700 unblocked? That thing is like a furnace and you need good ventilation for it, or it can overheat and experience HDMI issues (seen that myself.)

If it was a bad HDMI chip, I think that may effect ALL the inputs, as it may only have a single chip. I am not 100% sure of this, so try other inputs.

"But this one goes up to 11"
post #3 of 4 Old 02-23-2013, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Hi and thanks for the reply. I've tried different cables in different outlets - also the receiver was just serviced and all vents are unblocked. How would I go about finding out if it is a bad HDMI chip and can those be replaced? Man what a waste of money if it can't be replaced. It just seemed really strange that I could get the image and sound for ten seconds or so and then it would cut in and that it worked with my computer plugged into the HDMI.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-27-2013, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

Hi,
I have tried the other HDMI inputs. Tried a different cable and it worked for about 20 minutes then cut out. When I plug the HDMI from the DVD player to the receiver I can play a DVD and hear the audio - the signal doesn't cut out. It seems as though the problem is between the Receiver and the TV. I've tried a different TV, but the same result. Any ideas?????
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page