harman kardon avr 525 reciever makes a loud, random pop through speakers. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-24-2013, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, first post here. I have been looking for a solution through google and searching several forums, but nothing i have found seems to describe what is happening to me. I have had this receiver for several years and have had no problems with it besides an unfortunate drop during moving a couple years ago that damaged the power button in the corner, though i believe this is unrelated. I purchased some klipsch kg4s last summer, replacing a setup of kef c-55s.

In the past 2 months I have had seemingly random events where there is a quick "ramping up" noise followed by a loud (much louder than the volume of the music/audio playing at the time) pop, then the speakers make no sound but the receiver is still powered up. By turning off the receiver and powering it back up it returns to normal. The first time it happened it caught me by surprise, but it has only happened a half dozen times in the two months since it started. It has been as frequent as happening twice in one day, or not happening for over a week.

I am concerned that this is an issue with the receiver, but also that this exceptionally loud noise could damage my speakers.

Any help would be appreciated, and if i can give any further information about the setup that would be helpful please let me know

thanks,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-11-2013, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mine has started a similar behavior the last month or so, making a deep pop or thump every so often. Today it shut off after the pop.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page