Refurbished Denon 1612/Refurbs in general. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-24-2013, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently found the Denon 1612 refurbished for around $200. I'm new to the home theater world, but am trying to put together a budget system instead of settling for a HTIB. Has anyone had issues with refurbished receivers? I"m not looking for a whole lot out of my receiver, just enough to get going. I don't want to spend the money if refurbished items are not reliable or won't last. Just hoping someone has some experience/input on refurbished items. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-24-2013, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beees View Post

I recently found the Denon 1612 refurbished for around $200. I'm new to the home theater world, but am trying to put together a budget system instead of settling for a HTIB. Has anyone had issues with refurbished receivers? I"m not looking for a whole lot out of my receiver, just enough to get going. I don't want to spend the money if refurbished items are not reliable or won't last. Just hoping someone has some experience/input on refurbished items. Thanks.
Hi my avr is also a denon 1612 refurb from accessories4les.i bought it like sept of last year and unttil now avr still going strongg very happy with it. And it come 1yr warranty.

(2) Energy RC 70 towers
(1) Energy Veritas 2.0C center
(2) Energy Veritas 2.0R surrounds
(2) Energy RC LCR back surrounds
(1) Rythmik LV12R sub
(1) Denon 2112CI avr
(1) LG 55" LM7600 tv
post #3 of 5 Old 02-25-2013, 03:01 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
Accessories4Less (AC4L) is an "authorized" Denon reseller often recommended on this sight for many years (having been in business over 10 years). A refurb Denon unit comes with a 1 year warranty and your credit card issuer may add an additional 1 year (Amex will for sure as will some MC/Visa) although if you use Amex you must go through PayPay as AC4L does not accept Amex. You can also purchase an extended warranty from AC4L as well.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #4 of 5 Old 02-25-2013, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys for the piece of mind. I think i'm gonna go for it.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-25-2013, 03:48 PM

At denon's website they have the 1612 refurb as well and if you use coupon code DENON20 it takes off 20 percent with free shipping. BUT I ordered it friday evening on the 16th and it still hasn't shipped... It's been over a week. So you can save 40 dollars and potentially deal with what i'm going through or just order from accesories 4 less.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page