Help Choosing Between Receivers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-26-2013, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Friends, I'm looking for a nice receiver .. I did some research and came with a different options but I'm not expert in this.. So I will like to know what will be the best receiver between all of them.

1.- Sony STRDN1030 Wi-Fi Network A/V Receiver

2.-Yamaha RX-V673 7.2-Channel Network AV Receiver or RX-V573

3.-Denon AVR-1913

4.-Onkyo TX-NR616 or TX-NR515

5.-Pioneer VSX-1122-K

Well That's the receivers I like... I have a budget of $400 That's why I say "or" and some cases becauses the other receiver is less expensive.. And the more expensive maybe I could find it refurshed or used like new more Affordable for me. biggrin.gif

Well I hope can I have a more expert answer so I can buy the best between all of them... Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-26-2013, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What features do you care about? Some examples:

-Best room correction system for the money? (Audyssey MultEQ XT on the Denons)
-Best video scaler for the money?
-Highest power?
-Network features? DLNA? Pandora? Airplay?
-Multi-zone?
-Pre-outs for use with an external amp?

etc.

"Vintage" is good for wine, not for A/V equipment.

-Dan D.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-26-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMan View Post

What features do you care about? Some examples:

-Best room correction system for the money? (Audyssey MultEQ XT on the Denons)
-Best video scaler for the money?
-Highest power?
-Network features? DLNA? Pandora? Airplay?
-Multi-zone?
-Pre-outs for use with an external amp?

etc.

I like DonoMan's questions, only want to change from "care about" to "need", not "want" smile.gif

Then, the criteria can be re-organized as follows:

- sound: best audio setup for hifi -at this price range I'd say all power amps would "sound" the same, how one can tweak, or make the most out of the overall setup -amp, speakers and room is the selling feature -more of a need than nice to have, IMO;
- vision/PQ: 1080 upconversion a selling feature (whether you need it or not)
- power at this price range may not be that significant unless speakers in your setup are inefficient(if true, then pre-outs becomes a requirement)
-All 4 are of network receivers, thus not much to compare, but you may split hair, YMMV;
- reliability, warranty service?
- users/support group? a critical mass user group does give me a warm fuzzy feeling, lol!

The last 2 may be needed if there is a tie smile.gif
post #4 of 9 Old 02-26-2013, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Well I will like a Good sound and the scale is very important to me... Airplay is not very important to me , I can connect my iphone with the usb cable right??

DLNA yeah I will like to have this feature, Multi-zone caould be an extra but not is the more important... No external amp planned in the near future so I guess no...
post #5 of 9 Old 02-26-2013, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

If you know where to buy your accessories 4 less, you can get a Denon 2112 for just barely above your budget.

The 1612 is really basic. The 1712 has Audyssey MultEQ XT (a good thing) but not network features. The 1912 drops down to regular MultEQ (not XT) which is worse especially on the subwoofer side. The 2112 has both the network features and the MultEQ XT. It also has zone 2 capability, but it's very basic and limited as to what sources you can use for zone 2. I think just analog. Definitely not HDMI.

Or you could go for the 1912 if you're okay with the lesser room correction software. It's noticeable side-by-side, but most people are satisfied with their audio without any room correction software to begin with. Depends on how picky you are, and how much your exact setup could benefit from such software, as it does vary between speakers/rooms.

There are "xx13" models also but the differences are insignificant.

"Vintage" is good for wine, not for A/V equipment.

-Dan D.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-26-2013, 10:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
The 1912 drops down to regular MultEQ (not XT) which is worse especially on the subwoofer side.

That's not true, MultEQ and MultEQ XT do the exact same thing as far as the subwoofer is concerned. There is a big difference in the filter resolution for the satellite speakers.

look at the chart in this link, subwoofer filter resolution is 128x for MultEQ and MultEQ XT
http://www.audyssey.com/audio-technology/multeq

Afro GT
post #7 of 9 Old 02-26-2013, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMan View Post

If you know where to buy your accessories 4 less, you can get a Denon 2112 for just barely above your budget.

The 1612 is really basic. The 1712 has Audyssey MultEQ XT (a good thing) but not network features. The 1912 drops down to regular MultEQ (not XT) which is worse especially on the subwoofer side. The 2112 has both the network features and the MultEQ XT. It also has zone 2 capability, but it's very basic and limited as to what sources you can use for zone 2. I think just analog. Definitely not HDMI.

Or you could go for the 1912 if you're okay with the lesser room correction software. It's noticeable side-by-side, but most people are satisfied with their audio without any room correction software to begin with. Depends on how picky you are, and how much your exact setup could benefit from such software, as it does vary between speakers/rooms.

There are "xx13" models also but the differences are insignificant.

Ohh i really like the 2112 look great but is out of my budget i wish i have the money to buy it...

I guess you believe the best option i have is that one and the 1912 for the budget i have?

Thank you for the help

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2
post #8 of 9 Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 351
The Denon 2112 has free shipping from accessories4less.com. So its $429 out the dor. Take that into consideration when looking at some of the other receivers.
http://www.accessories4less.com/index.php?page=item&id=DENAVR2112CI&gclid=CPO_zdPS1LUCFSRxQgodikMAjQ

Afro GT
post #9 of 9 Old 02-26-2013, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

The Denon 2112 has free shipping from accessories4less.com. So its $429 out the dor. Take that into consideration when looking at some of the other receivers.
http://www.accessories4less.com/index.php?page=item&id=DENAVR2112CI&gclid=CPO_zdPS1LUCFSRxQgodikMAjQ

wow that's a really good price.. the only problem I have is the shipping from that site because I'm outside of US, so I can't buy from that store... frown.gif
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page