Originally Posted by DonoMan
What features do you care about? Some examples:
-Best room correction system for the money? (Audyssey MultEQ XT on the Denons)
-Best video scaler for the money?
-Network features? DLNA? Pandora? Airplay?
-Pre-outs for use with an external amp?
I like DonoMan's questions, only want to change from "care about" to "need", not "want"
Then, the criteria can be re-organized as follows:
- sound: best audio setup for hifi -at this price range I'd say all power amps would "sound" the same, how one can tweak, or make the most out of the overall setup -amp, speakers and room is the selling feature -more of a need than nice to have, IMO;
- vision/PQ: 1080 upconversion a selling feature (whether you need it or not)
- power at this price range may not be that significant unless speakers in your setup are inefficient(if true, then pre-outs becomes a requirement)
-All 4 are of network receivers, thus not much to compare, but you may split hair, YMMV;
- reliability, warranty service?
- users/support group? a critical mass user group does give me a warm fuzzy feeling, lol!
The last 2 may be needed if there is a tie