Denon 1713 vs 1613 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-26-2013, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was wondering about how these compare I don't ever se a need arising for a different zone. Other than that the two difference I see are the 1613 has Audyssey MultEQ while the the 1713 has Audyssey MultEQ XT - i know the XT has more filters but what kind of difference that it make off paper?

These are 2 functions the 1713 has over the 1613 Input Delete Function and Auto/Manual Room Equalization...dont know what they mean are they a big deal?

They both network but according to this chart the 1713 networks more?? I'm not sure what these other features do...I know it doesnt run windows 7 even though it says something about biggrin.gif...and I'm not sure I understand this whole DLNA thing.

The first two columns are the 1713 and the last column is the 1612

I found a refurbed 1613 at Denon about $100 less than a refurbed 1713 at A4L so is it worth the $100 more for the 1713. Are there any others I should look at...seems people on here are big fans of Denons.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-27-2013, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 158
At the bottom of this page is a table which details the differences:

http://www.audyssey.com/audio-technology/multeq

Yes, to me, I think it is worth the money. MultEQ XT is as low as I will go in a receiver.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-27-2013, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I was in your shoes a month in a half ago. I was considering the 1613, 1713, 1712, and the 1612. I ran into an open box deal at BB for $250 for a 1613 and decided to pull the trigger. My 1613 was a big upgrade in sound over my Onkyo 604 and I was shocked over the difference in Audyssey multieq over Audyssey2Eq. Yes, the 1713 at retail may be a a better value, but if you can find a deal on a 1613, I think you will be happy. I'm extremely happy with the sound, the power, and the features. If the deal is right, it makes the 1613 an even better value.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-27-2013, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlyn View Post

I was wondering about how these compare I don't ever se a need arising for a different zone. Other than that the two difference I see are the 1613 has Audyssey MultEQ while the the 1713 has Audyssey MultEQ XT - i know the XT has more filters but what kind of difference that it make off paper?

Depending on the room, it can and will most likely, make a big difference
Quote:

These are 2 functions the 1713 has over the 1613 Input Delete Function and Auto/Manual Room Equalization...dont know what they mean are they a big deal?

Input Delete function is to delete all the inputs you don't have a need for. For instance, there is an input for BD, DVD, NET/USB, Satellite, etc. Say you only have a Blu-ray player and satellite connected. You won't need all the other inputs so you can delete them. If you only have an input selector button on the remote you'd have to toggle through all the all the inputs to switch the source. If you delete all the unused inputs, this makes toggling much quicker.

Auto Room EQ = Audyssey. You run through an automatic setup and Audyssey will measure the frequency response of YOUR speakers in YOUR room and sets up the EQ, speaker distance and phase to output at a predetermined curve.
Quote:

They both network but according to this chart the 1713 networks more?? I'm not sure what these other features do...I know it doesnt run windows 7 even though it says something about biggrin.gif...and I'm not sure I understand this whole DLNA thing.

It just means that it has been certified to be compatible with Windows 7 DLNA. DLNA is a protocol to stream media over the network. In this case it would be music stored on you PC, NAS or other DLNA enabled device.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-27-2013, 07:20 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 719 Post(s)
Liked: 1401
In addition to the 1713 being the better buy if only for the MultEQ XT, it also features a Web Control feature which will allow you to control the AVR from a PC as well as to SAVE the Auto EQ file to a PC too. Note also that both the 1713 and 1613 feature the Input Delete and Auto/Manual EQ features so no difference there.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page