Saving Audessy's parameters? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-27-2013, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
As of January, Audessy states there are no AVR capable of saving Audessy's parameters yet! This would have been very helpful to people (like me) who recalibrate just to experiment with different set ups (5.1 vs 7.1, 1 vs 2 subs, etc). My next questions is, can we save (by writing down-- since no AVR is capable of doing this yet) the different parameteres we get for each set up and relieve ourselves the tedious labor of recalibrating everytime we want to switch to what once we preferred over the latest calibration? By directly inputiing the parameteres that we previously obtained, are we in effect "calibrating" our system? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-27-2013, 06:03 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Denon AVRs (1713 and higher) and Marantz AVRs (1603 and higher) can SAVE a single Audyssey EQ to a PC which can be renamed if multiple files are to be saved. The only settings you can copy down on paper would be what the AVR itself actually sets (ie. LARGE/SMALL, distance, crossover) as well as perhaps a very crude representation of a parametric EQ graph.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 5 Old 02-27-2013, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the very quick reply! i see. it will be too much to write them down--what with thousands of points and filters applied for room corrections! they must require more expensive chips than the manufacturers are willing to spend. hmm, how to save to pc? i have denon 3312 and a mac. but this is a good start if i can save it to my mac (or pc for others)--tho not very convenient still! this is exciting info! thanks!
post #4 of 5 Old 02-27-2013, 06:59 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Review the Web Control feature (pp. 80-81 OM) and the SAVE/LOAD feature. Also review the link below as well ....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/the-official-denon-avr-xx12-model-owners-thread#user_E10

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #5 of 5 Old 02-27-2013, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

thanks a bunch! i even found this link giving step by step instructions on how to use web control to save and load to web browsers! http://www.manualowl.com/m/Denon/AVR-3312CI/Manual/200426?page=83
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page