Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-27-2013, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Request your suggestion of a receiver under $1000 to support:

SVSound
2 towers: 28Hz-32kHZ, 8 ohms, 88db, 20-330W power, 1" tweeter, 4 x 6.5" midrange
4 bookshelves: 45Hz-32kHz, 8 ohms, 87db, 20-150W power, 1" tweeter, 6.5" midrange
1 sub: 18-150Hz, 400W (800W peak), 12"
Center: 45Hz-32kHz, 8 ohms, 87 db, 20-225W, 1" tweeter, 2 x 4.5" midrange

I may grow to a second room. Current room is 20 x 30 feet. We use cable and mainly watch movies. My wife has an iPod that she would like to play music.

I am looking at the Denon AVR-2313CI, Yamaha RX-A810 and V671, Sony STR-DA2800ES or STR-DA1800ES or STR-DA3700ES, and the Marantz SR5007. What are your thoughts, pros, and cons?

I was running an Onkyo TX-SR607, but the display crapped out. Then, it started shutting down during serious bass and slowed drastically when selecting modes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-27-2013, 06:38 PM

Liked: 11
I am actually in the middle of the exact same dilemma, and have actually got a post asking for advice between the Marantz 5007 and Integra 30.4.

I also looked at the Denon 2313 and a few different Yamaha's, and actually just threw a new one (Yamaha RX-V673 that is a great price on my military base) into the mix on my thread, but I have eliminated the Sony and Pioneer models, in my experience they are not nearly as user friendly as the others.

All of the units you mentioned and the ones I have studied pretty much compete on all the same levels, airplay, 3D & 4k switching, dual zone capability, etc...like some of the guys have told me, I guess it is just up to us as the consumers which brand we feel the most comfortable with.

Barring any unforeseen changes or any last minute advice from our fellow members I think I am going to purchase the 5007 next week. From what I have been able to tell from reviews, forum discussions, and talking to sales people that I feel are reputable, not Best Buy lackies, I think the Marantz is the higher quality product in this price range.
Nichts likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-28-2013, 09:22 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jae44 View Post

Barring any unforeseen changes or any last minute advice from our fellow members I think I am going to purchase the 5007 next week. From what I have been able to tell from reviews, forum discussions, and talking to sales people that I feel are reputable, not Best Buy lackies, I think the Marantz is the higher quality product in this price range.

Speaking of Best Buy, you can verify if they allow you 30 days to "evaluate" their audio products (AVR included), then you may pick up not just one, but two of the winning contenders to try them out in your system. Then you are more certain of what you want to keep, return either or even both! (I don't think your PX would allow you this luxury though, the Cdn counterpart CANEX would not either smile.gif)

FWIW, I saw a post in the AVS forums that someone was not happy when returning an item ordered online, which was damaged upon receiving. He returned the item to the store no problem, except that he got a note on the receipt that he will not be able to return anything else within the next 90 days...(that's why I'd try out both when I have a chance smile.gif)
Nichts likes this.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-28-2013, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 78
My Onkyo just broke, also, and I just replaced it with a Pioneer SC-1522-K from Amazon, which is just within your price range. I'm happy with mine, so far, and it seems to meet your requirements (and handles two extra channels). The Elite SC-65 is apparently very similar, which you might consider if getting it from Best Buy.
Nichts likes this.

Greg Lee
post #5 of 5 Old 03-03-2013, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Looks like I will purchase the Yamaha RX-V671 next week for $343 delivered. I am unable to get an Emotiva, NAD, or Sherwood sales representative to provide their suggested product to support my needs by email. Last minute thoughts?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page