ITunes and ONKYO TRN 818 Receiver? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-28-2013, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How do I access my Itunes w/o pluggging in...wireless on the ONKYO TRN 818 Receiver? I have it set up for wireless can access the NET...but can't seem/figure out to get Itunes to pla. On my Iphoen Onyo remote...the playlists come up but I can't seem to get it in the right mode TO PLAY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-28-2013, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I believe you need a dlna server, which itunes is not.

To access the music files and folders directly, make sure you've enabled sharing (see p. 31-33 in the manual).
http://www.intl.onkyo.com/downloads/manuals/pdf/tx-nr818_manual_e.pdf
post #3 of 5 Old 02-28-2013, 05:19 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Saul View Post

How do I access my Itunes w/o pluggging in...wireless on the ONKYO TRN 818 Receiver? I have it set up for wireless can access the NET...but can't seem/figure out to get Itunes to pla. On my Iphoen Onyo remote...the playlists come up but I can't seem to get it in the right mode TO PLAY

Once you open the onkyo2 app on your iphone, you will see a music note in the bottom left corner. Touching that will bring up all the music on your phone and automatically change the input to NET. Select your tunes from album, artist, all or playlist. That's all. It works fine playing albums/playlists from my iphone 5. Of course, both your phone and AVR have to be on the same network...
post #4 of 5 Old 02-28-2013, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks and excatly..I see the ITUNES lists come up on my Iphone screen... excpet the Receiver changes to DNLA (versus net) and when I hit play arrow it doesnt "play"
post #5 of 5 Old 02-28-2013, 05:38 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Saul View Post

Thanks and excatly..I see the ITUNES lists come up on my Iphone screen... excpet the Receiver changes to DNLA (versus net) and when I hit play arrow it doesnt "play"

OK, I just tried it and it didn't work this time. Hmm, I tried playing music directly on the phone, it's good. Restart the app, no good. Try again, good. Not sure what made it work... The first time I tried it (a couple weeks ago), it worked first time Now, it seems a bit flaky, but it works again. For input, my display says NET/DLNA.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors