A trick with the elite vsx-53 that is not outlined in the manual. I came across it while being curious.. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-01-2013, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
There is a way you can further personalize the detail capabilities of your receiver with an I PAD.. Would you like to be able to Cut on your TV, VSX52/53 while at the same time have it change the volume preferences, dish channel with the push of one button? I created icons on my ipad that represent the favorite channels of each of my family members. For example, one icon is named Tone's Zone. When I come home from the gym after work every day, i simply hit this icon on my ipad and my receiver cuts on, tv, cuts on, receiver goes to the direct tv source, the cable box selects the sports center channel, reduces the volume to my set preference, all in two seconds..if your interested, message me..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-01-2013, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Why don't you just post it here for all of us to see?wink.gif
You say "cuts on", do you mean turns on? To me "cut" would imply off. Does it wake the receiver from off(standby)?
Thanks,
John
post #3 of 7 Old 03-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 55
not really interested in your 'hack' ... more interested in why you feel so secretive about it. If valid, it could 'potentially' help some people here. Are you looking for personal gain? That doesn't fly here. Free exchange of information, or ,,, go pound sand.

The white zone is for loading, and unloading, only. If you need to load, or unload, please go to the white zone.... you'll love it, it's a way of life.
post #4 of 7 Old 03-03-2013, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
At John..Sorry about the word cut, even us very educated of people like to use slang once in a while to ensure we are capturing all audiences and individuals of various education levels. I didn't post it on this open forum because Im researching to see if its something Pioneer intended from a capability perspective but failed to include it within the manual or if its something I merely stumbled upon when spending hours toying around with it on my ipad..And, its a great deal of step by step. If i were to post the steps detail for detail and anyone who tried it didnt have any luck, I could get accused of attempting a hack like the super crispy cookie head douche bag in the other reply implied. I'd have to be a jobless, bored, no life having evil jerk of guy to have the time to sit around and invent a way to hack into Pioneer elite systems. .Besides, whats there to gain? A job with the Russian Spy Association?
jjvsx53 likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 55
LOL had to add that to my sig. too funny !!!

The white zone is for loading, and unloading, only. If you need to load, or unload, please go to the white zone.... you'll love it, it's a way of life.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-03-2013, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hmm. Wondering how all this is done when the ipad isnt RF. I mean, I can control my receiver with Pioneer's app on my android. But the sat box and TV? Are you using some sort or IP controlled relay box?

Edit: Well, this could also be easily done, no hacking involved, for 65 bucks: Harmony Link.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-03-2013, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
all you need is some form of "control" thru hdmi... it already exist in one form or another (plus some "app" to talk with your receiver). Some good, some not so good. "interoperability" can be a challenge.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page