Zone 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-01-2013, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have read manuals and looked on this forum but I have failed to find how to turn on zone 2 or 3.

Could someone please explain in detain how to assign zone 2 output to an external amp.

This is for the 3312ca. thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-01-2013, 06:36 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 1326
Welcome to AVSForum! smile.gif

Plug in the stereo analog cables into the Zone 2 pre-outs on the 3312CI and into the external amp. Then set Zone 2 to ON and select the non-HDMI source audio to play to Zone 2.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/the-official-denon-avr-xx12-model-owners-thread#user_M

Also note there is a dedicated thread for Denon AVR-XX12 Owner's linked in my sig. Review posts #3-6 in that thread for additional helpful information.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 6 Old 03-07-2013, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, so just an update on trying to get my zone 2 to work.

I have a 3312 with the zone 2 turned on, I am using the USB as the source.

I have the RCA connected to the zone 2 pre outs to an external amp. I have the speakers connected to the external amp with new wire. and still I am not able to get any sound to speakers, but here is the kicker.....I am getting sound out of the surround rears, as I normally use the system as a 7.1 in my main listening area.

Why will my zone 2 not work properly?

I appreciate the help I have received from the knowledgeable people here.
post #4 of 6 Old 03-07-2013, 11:01 PM
585-645-1006

So then with AMP ASSIGN set to Zone 2 the USB audio is heard from the Surr Back/Amp Assign speakers, yes? Visually confirm the RCA cables are plugged in to the Zone 2 (and not Zone 3) pre-outs as noted below. Also make sure the external amp is powerd ON as well. If all previous is confirmed, then swap the Zone 2 speakers with the Surr Back speakers to ensure they (as well as the Zone 2 pre-outs) work properly.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #5 of 6 Old 03-08-2013, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

So then with AMP ASSIGN set to Zone 2 the USB audio is heard from the Surr Back/Amp Assign speakers, yes? Visually confirm the RCA cables are plugged in to the Zone 2 (and not Zone 3) pre-outs as noted below. Also make sure the external amp is powerd ON as well. If all previous is confirmed, then swap the Zone 2 speakers with the Surr Back speakers to ensure they (as well as the Zone 2 pre-outs) work properly.

Thanks JDSmoothie, Yes I have confirmed that the RCA cables are indeed connected to the Zone 2 preouts. the amp is defiantly powered on. and yes I have made sure Zone 2 speakers are connected and working. I actually did connect to surround backs.

For shits and giggles I swapped RCA to Zone 3 and turned on zone 3 and it was the same. only sound to the surround backs...

I did not think this was going to be this complicated Thanks
post #6 of 6 Old 03-08-2013, 03:54 PM
585-645-1006

If the source selected for Zone 2 is playing to the Surr Back speakers with Amp Assign set to Zone 2, then there's no reason the same audio shouldn't also be playing to the Zone 2 pre-outs. Try unplugging the AVR for a few minutes and if still no joy then a microprocessor reset would be your next step, noting you'll want to SAVE the config file to a PC using the Web Control feature (pp. 80-81)first to more easily return to your original confiuration. Also note the following ...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/the-official-denon-avr-xx12-model-owners-thread/0_100#user_E10

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page