Pioneer Elite VSX-53 - Does it Adjust Bass and Treble in a Surround Mode? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-02-2013, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 590
I have a Harman Kardon AVR 1700 ($349), I have an option to upgrade it to a Pioneer Elite VSX-53 ($499).
Description
Manual
From almost any perspective this is an upgrade to a better component (the Elite is THX certified, multi-zone, more channels, audio encoding algorithms, more power, video enhancement, etc.) But one question which is very important to me I cannot answer without asking an Elite owner first.
In Harman Kardon you can adjust bass and treble in both stereo and surround modes and sound coming from all 5 speakers will produce those extra highs and lows. However, some receivers allow bass and treble equalization ONLY in Stereo mode. What I mean is that once you have switched from straight 2 channel stereo those bass and treble knobs become useless. I have never owned an Elite. Is Elite this kind of a receiver?
I dont know if I buy it it will play my music and videos in 5 channel surround with tone adjustment (that audible +6 bass and +6 treble will come out of the speakers)?
Can anybody an actual owner help me out and actually test this?
Thanks a lot
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page