Emotiva hook up question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-03-2013, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

Noob question here, sorry! I've got a Pioneer SC-65 and was planning on picking up my very first amp - I've ultimately decided on the Emotiva XPA-5. I understand that it's simply a matter of hooking up the RCA cable from the amp to the receiver's pre-outs, then hooking up the speakers to the amp.

My problem (and confusion) is the pre-outs on the receiver have two outputs for the front and surround channels, while the emotiva only has one for each channel. How exactly do I hook it up? Even the diagram for the receiver shows two cables being used for every pre-out except the center channel.

The pre-out section of the receiver can be seen here if it helps.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-03-2013, 09:23 PM

One RCA jack in the pre-out section connects to a RCA input on the XPA-5. Under the front out, one RCA is for the left front and the lower is for the right front. All of your preouts appear to be set up this way(except for the center and SW outs). So connect the LF out to a RCA input on the amp and your LF speaker to the terminals below. And so forth with the rest of your speakers. Hope this helps.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-04-2013, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorste View Post

One RCA jack in the pre-out section connects to a RCA input on the XPA-5. Under the front out, one RCA is for the left front and the lower is for the right front. All of your preouts appear to be set up this way(except for the center and SW outs). So connect the LF out to a RCA input on the amp and your LF speaker to the terminals below. And so forth with the rest of your speakers. Hope this helps.
Big help, thanks! Sounds like my mistake was thinking the front channel applied to a single speaker when it in fact is two.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page