Multiple Zone control with Sony STR-DA5800ES or STR-DA2800ES - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-04-2013, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've searched the forum as well as both the Sony website and Control4 website, but I can't seem to find an answer to these questions.

Based on the product overviews and manuals, these AVRs can control 2 (2800) or 3 (5800) zones and both state that they can control both audio and video through zone 2.

The manuals state that only HDMI inputs will be output to zone 2 using the HDMI output and only analog inputs will be output using the speaker terminals.

My first question is whether or not the streaming services, as well as playback from an attached NAS or iphone/ipod can be output to zone 2 speakers or zone 3 audio out (in the case of the 5800).

My second question if, in the case of zone 2, I could have both an HDMI input for video and analog inputs for audio and have zone 2 output both the HDMI output to a TV as well as stereo output to the zone 2 speakers. This assumes that I would set up the same input so "DirecTV", as an example, is video in on a certain HDMI input and audio in on a certain analog input.

Anyone tried either of these?

thanks!!

WyattEarp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Shameless bump
Old 06-29-2013, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My NAS plays out to Zone 2, but recollection is only plays as 2 channel stereo and not in surround\through the HDMI. Am guessing that Sony thought that you would not need a second room with surround in it! Don;t think that A/V sound comes out of Zone 3 from recollection either. Tried Zone 2 and 3 using an old Sony STR-VA333ES Amp and an old Sony stereo amp that I have and they were out of sync so I gave in!

Sony STR-DA5800ES Amp + Sony KD-55X9005a 4k TV
Paradigm Reference Studio 100 (F L+R)
Paradigm Reference Studio CC-690 (C)
Paradigm Reference Studio 20 (F L+R Heigh)
Paradigm Signature Sub 1 (F)
Paradigm Reference Studio 60 (S L+R)
Paradigm Reference Studio 60 (R L+R)
Paradigm Signature Sub 1 (R)
Old 11-29-2013, 01:35 PM

Both of your questions were perfect and I also would like to have them answered. I'm guessing by now you have purchased a system. Could you please let us know how you figured out how to get multiple analog and digital signals to transmit to zone 2? Thanks

Tags
Sony Str Da5800es Es 9 2 Channel 4k Av Receiver With Automation , Sony Str Da2800es Es 7 2 Channel 4k Av Receiver With Automation