Inexplicable Integra DTR 40.2 sound behavior - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-05-2013, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been enjoying this device for sometime now and yesterday encountered a phenomenon which baffles me. I apologize if I'm missing something truly basic but I've gone over the manual and haven't found anything which addresses it. I turned on the DTR 40.2 this evening the same way I always do and there was no sound. Instead of my familiar display screen showing which channels were operating I saw a tiny "Audyssey Dynamic EQ" in its place and no sound. I went into the setup menu and shut off Audyssey EQ and Vol to off but no sound. I cannot get my sound back. Two days ago my wife turned the unit on and told me there was no sound. She tried some buttons and it returned but now I can't get anything from it.

Can anyone give me some help?

Update: out of frustration I unplugged the receiver's power cord from the wall and that seemed to get its attention. I'll continue to search for a more repeatable solution.

Thanks,Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-06-2013, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

I contacted Integra and they went through some remedial procedures over the phone and the device needs factory repair..........mad.gif. They are sending an empty box and UPS form for free shipping. There's no word if they will cover the repair. Now I'm wondering if I should have stuck with Denon which I used for over ten years. I had to go through a local dealer because they forbid discounting so I paid full list price plus sales tax.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-06-2013, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Update for those owning Integra equipment.

The sound came back on its own this morning after being off for an hour or so but I can only get four channels FCR + SW no matter what setting I try. I went through the reconfiguration adding all the speakers but on the calibration setting panel it will not generate white noise at all. Turning the volume control does not affect the white noise calibration sound level either. No white noise from any of the speakers.

Additionally the network connectivity of the receiver is intermittent. I use iRule and when I adjusted the volume using my iPad the projector screen shows it going down and the next time a few minutes later iRule shows no connection with the gateway. None of the commands on my iPad and Galaxy S3 (both of which have worked for months) work.

Rich
post #4 of 5 Old 04-29-2014, 09:59 PM

Liked: 11
Rich,

Any updates on this issue? I am having a similar problem with mine.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-29-2014, 10:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Have you tried a system reset?

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page