MR 100 multi-room remote sensor - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-07-2013, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, New to this forum. There are lots of helpful suggestions here. I have a question. We recently replaced an old (25years) Pioneer receiver with a VSX1122. On the old receiver we had a MR100 multi- room remote IR sensor. Currently our components are all behind a home projector screen which the remote cannot communicate through. Can we hook the MR100 to the new receiver and if so how?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-07-2013, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 343
IMO, the MR100 may work OK as an IR receiver plugged into the new receiver's IR input jack. You'll have to try it & see smile.gif

Pioneer's older multiroom interface was not standardized for standard conventional IR devices,. such as Xantech, because of a non-standard connection inferface with a different ground scheme. I know this from personal experience wink.gif the miniplug & jack pin-out was different. In fact, Xantech had a special interface module that could be used with Pioneer's MR & I even tried that but could not ever get it to work with a VSX-49txi.

that said, the MR100 itself was a normal IR receiver so may work OK with std IR connection even if it's a "stereo" jack. if it doesn't, then you have all sorts of options - replace the MR100 with one of Xantech's IR receivers & transmitters, Niles Audio, Russound, or use a programmable remote with RF-to-IR transceivers, such as URC.

For plain jane IR, Xantech is hard to beat.

but give the MR100 a try, it may just work just fine. it's nothing special being a normal IR receiver, but the catch is whether its miniplug connection will be compatible with the IR jack on the 1122. I know stereo 3.5mm miniplugs will work just fine even though IR only needs a monoplug.

Steve
post #3 of 5 Old 03-07-2013, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by anolabob View Post

Hi, New to this forum. There are lots of helpful suggestions here. I have a question. We recently replaced an old (25years) Pioneer receiver with a VSX1122. On the old receiver we had a MR100 multi- room remote IR sensor. Currently our components are all behind a home projector screen which the remote cannot communicate through. Can we hook the MR100 to the new receiver and if so how?

Do any of your other system components have an IR input jack?
If YES then this could serve as the IR receiver, then daisy chain the other components.

Just my $0.02... wink.gif
post #4 of 5 Old 03-07-2013, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 343
^^
good idea

Steve
post #5 of 5 Old 03-07-2013, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the replies. I tried using standard jacks found in the spare pile but it hasn't worked yet. And no there aren't any other IR jacks on other components. The old receiver's remote basically ran everything. Only had one remote for four components.

It seems like it should work though. I am not strong on this short of stuff but at face value there are two plug ins at either end of this match-up, so why don't they go?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors