Yamaha rx-v473 streaming music on A channel speakers + a/v output - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-07-2013, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope someone can assist me. I currently have a rx-n600 and i use it for audio only...to stream music throughout my house. I use the dlna function and stream music from my pc. I have a pair of speakers on the A channel in one room. I also use a 4 zone abus controller:

http://russound.com/product_detail.php?i=977

i have the above unit hooked to the dvr out rca channel, and am able to pipe my streaming audio out thru this device to other rooms throughout my house. I would like to swap this out for a rx-v473. i hooked up the abus controller onto the a/v output, but if i change the input on the rx-v473 receiver to the network input, my streaming music is piped thru the speakers, but i don't get any audio on the a/v output. i don't see an option where i can pair the Network to the a/v output. Does anyone know if this is possible on this receiver, or is anyone using another type receiver to accomplish this? I assumed that whatever channel was the active channel would automatically passthru to the a/v output. the rx-n600 does this flawlessly, but it is starting to act flaky, so it is time for a new receiver. I'm also not sure if this is a special feature, and if it would be listed as such....passthru audio? Thanx for any help you can provide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 42
According to the 473 manual page 28, the AV OUT jacks output "analog video/audio signals selected as the input." (my emphasis) Unfortunately that suggests that indeed it will not output streamed music from those RCA jacks. This might be due to some copy protection scheme (although I can think of much better ways to make copies of your digital music).

Best thing to do is go to the Yamaha website and start downloading manuals. See if any of the higher/newer models will play digital sources over the analog outs. If not, you might need to upgrade to a model with preamp outputs if you stick with Yamaha. Also confirm that, if you get a model with preamp outs, that connecting them won't cancel your connected speakers.

I've noticed that some higher end Denons have dedicated RCA jacks on the back that say "Media Player Output." But I know nothing about Denons.

Old 03-10-2013, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

okay...thanx for the info. will research.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:22 AM

Wondering if you ever came up with a good solution w/ your research? Was looking at the exact same amp and this is a pretty key feature for me....glad I found this thread first.

Tags
Yamaha Rx V473 Receiver