Onkyo TX-SR309 and PS3 game surround issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-12-2013, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just need some clarification on if i am doing something wrong here. When i put some of my PS3 games and xbox games in the system and load them up the only to sound mode options that come up are theater dimensional or direct. Some of these games though say they have 5.1 surround. For example i just picked up God of War Ascension and it says it has a Dolby Pro Logic 2 setting and 5.1 surround setting but when i set either the receiver still only gives me the option for theater dimensional or direct.

What am i doing wrong? My ound settings for my PS3 are automatic. I do get surround sound for my blu-rays now that i changed them to bitstream, so the receiver works with my system. What can i do?

EDIT: Forgive me if the answer to this is simple. I am new to all of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-12-2013, 10:09 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Gear EH View Post

Just need some clarification on if i am doing something wrong here. When i put some of my PS3 games and xbox games in the system and load them up the only to sound mode options that come up are theater dimensional or direct. Some of these games though say they have 5.1 surround. For example i just picked up God of War Ascension and it says it has a Dolby Pro Logic 2 setting and 5.1 surround setting but when i set either the receiver still only gives me the option for theater dimensional or direct.

What am i doing wrong? My ound settings for my PS3 are automatic. I do get surround sound for my blu-rays now that i changed them to bitstream, so the receiver works with my system. What can i do?

EDIT: Forgive me if the answer to this is simple. I am new to all of this.

Have you set your audio in your PS3 -- sound setting

Bedroom theater
Dynaudio DM 2/6 - Dynaudio DM Center - Def tech pro monitor 600 - Def Tech Prosub 600 - Marantz NR1402 - Bantam Gold Power Amp - Clark Synthesis tst 239 - Dune H1 - PS3
post #3 of 3 Old 05-19-2013, 09:15 AM

Liked: 10
Make sure you have speakers A set, not speakers B or A&B.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Sr309 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread - Sr309 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page