3113ci Networking died - can anything be done? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 02:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
My 3113ci's networking just died. I came this morning after I saw it's not connected to the network, it was "hung", I turned power off and on again and it seems to be fine except the networking is gone. The switch is not even showing the link light (and bypassing the switch didn't help either).
The receiver otherwise functions ok.
Turning off and on again does not help.
What can be done? I'm abroad but bought the unit in the US so not practical to send it.
Thanks,
Elad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 03:27 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Did you try a microprocessor reset? The instructions should be toward the very end of the owner's manual-doing the reset will place all settings at "default", so you will have to go through Audyssey setup, whatever input changes you may have made, etc.
post #3 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter

well, i made matters worse...
In one of the retries suddenly the networking worked. I quickly checked if there is an update, and started one, hoping it will fix the issue.
Well, soon after, while it still said "authenticating" I noticed the link led is down again, and it just kept like this.
I tried turning off and on, tried microprocessor rest, nothing - it's now stuck in "update retry" which will never succeed if the networking is down.

any way to stop it? hard reset did not help.

thanks,
Elad
post #4 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 04:31 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 1412
Try disconnecting the network cable. Also note that the config file (to include Audyssey settings) can be saved to a PC file so that you don't lose all the settings when a microprocessor reset is required. Also try setting the "Notification Update" setting to OFF as well.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #5 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 04:42 AM - Thread Starter

thanks but I cannot do any of that as the networking is not functioning (so obviously no remote access) and the receiver is stuck in "update retry".
Elad
post #6 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by eladb View Post

thanks but I cannot do any of that as the networking is not functioning (so obviously no remote access) and the receiver is stuck in "update retry".
Elad

Send it in for warranty repair?
post #7 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

is there a way to flush the firmware through the USB port?
post #8 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Found a solution to get out of the "retry update" mode - turn the receiver on while pressing both up and down arrows! (this is not a microprocessor reset)
post #9 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 06:18 PM
585-645-1006

This is a "network reset" which is described in post #5 of the Denon AVR-XX13 Owner's thread linked in my sig. Also there currently is no way to update via USB.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #10 of 15 Old 05-29-2013, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

I'm still having this sporadic issue with the 3313. Once every few days the network card dies. This is so frustrating. It takes many restarts until it eventually comes back to life. Anyone knows the part number of the card? (I live in Israel - no Denon service here)
post #11 of 15 Old 05-29-2013, 02:45 PM
585-645-1006

The network section is part of the HDMI board which generally costs about $500 USD to replace. I would check to make sure the issue isn't with your router by replacing the router with a different brand.

post #12 of 15 Old 05-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

The network section is part of the HDMI board which generally costs about $500 USD to replace. I would check to make sure the issue isn't with your router by replacing the router with a different brand.

I totally agree with this approach. I have a 3311 and it was working great then one day no network no matter what. I did all the normal things, reboot router, network resets etc and no love. Went to town and bought a Yamaha to use while I sent my Denon away figuring it had to be the culprit. I hooked up the Yamaha, it connected fine a few times and then it started giving me headache as well. So with that the next step was to reset the router, and update its firmware, after that the Denon connected straightaway, and has worked perfect ever since. Prior to this the network had been up and running great for 4yrs at the time with multiple devices such as xbox 360 etc with no trouble what so ever. I have no idea what changed to make it stop working, and it was frustrating. For some reason the Denon seems to be fussy. I use static ip's throughout my network . I configure the router as the dhcp server and assign a static ip address for the router as well, which is used as the default gateway for all my windows machines, doing it this way makes it so none of my windows machines get grabby and try to be a dhcp server . The upside of all this is I now have a really nice Yamaha receiver in my bedroom smile.gif .

Richard
post #13 of 15 Old 05-29-2013, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

it's not the router.
I connect it to a switch, and the switch connects to the rest of my network. When it happens the switch does not even see the device (even when the switch is disconnected from the network it should show the device). I have other devices connected to the same switch and all are fine. I replaced ports in the switch and even bypassed the switch straight to the plug in the wall, nothing helped.
post #14 of 15 Old 06-02-2013, 11:48 PM

I´ve got the same issues with my 3312.
Tried with 2 different routers, multiple microprocessor/network resets, power cycle whilst Denon is facing Mekkah and the magnetic North pole...wink.gif
Cutting power over night seem to solve the problem but only temporarily. Yesterday the MAC Address showed up for a while but no IP.
Bad NIC and need to replace the HDMI card according to Google.
I am sending my 3312 for repair today.
post #15 of 15 Old 07-19-2013, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

I'm still stuck with this. So frustrating.
Receiver's networking dies every 2-3 days and the only way to get it back to life is to unplug the machine for about 1-2 hours! (less does not help).
As I bought the receiver in the US and now live in Israel, Denon is not really cooperating.
Anyone has any other idea?
Thanks,
Elad
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page