AVS Forum banner

Amplifier Recommendation

449 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  gferrell 
#1 ·
I have 1 pair of Polk M3's, 1 pair of Niles CM730Si's and 3 pairs of Bose 251 (outdoor) speakers.

These speakers are connected w/ CAT5E cables to a Monster Cable Speaker Selector and then to my Sony STR-DG710 receiver.

Can you please recommend an amplifier that would add additional power to this system?

#7 ·
There are plenty of workhorse used amps on feebay that you can pick up pretty cheap ad they will last forever. Even some of the older ones like soundcraftsmen you can buy cheaply.

#8 ·
I'd start by upgrading the AVR first to one that will support additional external amplifiers.

Accessories4less sell refurbished Onkyo TX-NR709 receivers for $450. You would most-likely get a more powerful amp section in the receiver along with the pre-outs, updated audio formats, and Audyssey room correction.

I really don't see anything in your speaker setup that would really take advantage of anything that supplies more than 200 watts/channel. You can look at Audiogon for stereo amps in the 150 to 200 watt/channel or maybe look at the Emotiva XPA series.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by crussader  /t/1463107/amplifier-recommendation#post_23075676

The STR-DG710 does not have pre-outs to add an amplifier to.

There is an output for the mains, I think so he could amp his fronts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.