HELP! need receiver for polk monitor speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-14-2013, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
HELP A N00B!!

hi avs community, brand new to this audio thing but been looking on this forum and others for past 4 months or so when i decided it was time to get my first home theater system. gradually my budget went from a $100 sound bar to maybe $1000 for speakers/receiver separately.

i been waiting for the polk monitor 75t to go on sale at newegg and jumped on them for $200 each. my ideal speaker system would be:

polk monitor 75t fronts
polk 25c center
polk 45b surround
polk psw505 subwoofer

now since i decided on the speakers and subwoofer already, i'm having trouble deciding what receiver to get to power these and i'd love for any advice or recommendations based on what you've heard or own

the system will be mainly for movies, i'd say 80% movies and 20% music, maybe even 90% movies. i plan on putting it in the living room which is an L shape , with the tv and front speakers in the axis of the "L" facing the longer direction.

i been researching the 2012 models of denon, yamaha, pioneer, and onkyo. the things i hear about onkyo is that their customer service isn't that great and some of them have HDMI issues. i'm looking for a receiver with standy pass-through, which denon and i believe yamaha have, and also airplay which most do. i'm looking to spend from 250-400 on a receiver. i really only need a 5.1 receiver but if a 7.1 comes at a decent price i'd go for that as well, for example the Onkyo TX-NR515, but i heard this has issues.

for the denon i was lookin at the the 1713 or the 1913 and the yamaha the 573 or 673. any help? TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-22-2013, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Almost exact setup I am looking into - Bump to see if anyone can suggest receiver that would be adequate
post #3 of 3 Old 05-22-2013, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Check out the 573 price on Amazon.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page