need some help with reciever/speaker purchase - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-14-2013, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have done some research on recievers and it seems that the denon avr 1913 is the best buy
In the 4 to 500 range. Sad to say my budget is about 1000 with a little wiggle room. I wanted to go 5.1. Im not to savvy when it comes to best bang for my buck. I have samsung 55" smart tv and an xbox at the moment. I also would like to have the ability to stream. I have read some good reviews and a couple of scary ones so now im a little gun shy, and as for the speakers im completely lost.. please help me so I dnt hear the whole why did I waste money on this system. She wants any htib from best buy. Help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-14-2013, 09:30 PM

Hi there. The Denon 1913 is a very capable receiver. Everyone will have a little bit different preference for receivers. I think the Yamaha RX-V673 has similar capabilities, and in that same price range. I have had worked with a few different receivers from Yamaha, Denon, Pioneer, Sony, and Onkyo. I think Yamaha receivers tend to be the most user-friendly.

As far as speakers go, it's better if you can actually listen to them. Again, everyone likes a little bit different sound. Polk Audio and Pioneer make some decent speakers, and are reasonably affordable. Check out the Polk Blackstone TL1600, for a complete 5.1 set.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-15-2013, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

I think im gonna go with the denon (fingers crossed...). Im gonna need small speakers because bookshelf speakers arent going to work with the space I have. I hope I can get some that perform well a t a reasonable price. It looks like im going to get the denon for 399.00. So im working with 600 to spend on speakers. Any suggestions.. thanks
post #4 of 5 Old 03-15-2013, 10:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy2times nyc View Post

I have read some good reviews and a couple of scary ones so now im a little gun shy

You're going to find that to be true of all the makes. Most of them work fine (if they didn't, the manufacturer would be out of business by now), and some went to pot and the consumer is pretty vocal about it (as we all would be.) There is no brand that is absolutely free of flaws. Buy the Denon with confidence. smile.gif

As for speakers, well, there are about as many of those as there are sand grains on the beach. Do you want a full surround set? If so, is a subwoofer in the cards? Do you just want stereo speakers and will add the rest later? Check the speaker forum for some more ideas.

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
post #5 of 5 Old 03-15-2013, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Is the bic f12 a viable option as my subwoofer for a room roughly 12 x 12. Im still trying to figure out the rest of the system. As far as my budget is concerned, I think its safe to say im gonna exceed it but i still want to minimize how much I go over because my couch is not to comfortable and my wife is heartless when it comes to our budget.. I have to blow her away with the systembin order to save face. Help me please..!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page