Pioneer VSX-816 - Audio issues, intermittent noise and audio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-15-2013, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Pioneer VSX-816, had it for close to 7 years and not encountered any issues with it until about a week ago. The receiver sits in a ventilated cabinet, no other equipment is directly to either side or sits atop the unit. I am running a basic 5-speaker setup, 2x Front / 1x Center / 2x Surrounds (No sub).

I am getting intermittent issues from 2 of my speakers. The front left is experiencing intermittent audio - it will just go out / be silent occasionally. The right surround has intermittent distortion / noise issues. I have troubleshot both audio problems and all issues continued with alternate cabling and speakers, and these occur regardless of source audio, so it appears that the issue is originating at the receiver itself.

Considering the timing of both issues, I would have thought there would have been an identifiable event that could be attributed to causing these, but I do not know of any such event (overheat / power surge / etc). Any suggestion or direction on this is greatly appreciated. And simply replacing the receiver isn't a viable option as I have no resources to do so. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-03-2014, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Pioneer VSX-816 speaker drop out

Reviving an old thread....

Check this link. Should solve your problem.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page