Pioneer elite vsx-53 questions - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-15-2013, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can the vsx-53 do 9.1 surround using the front height and surround back speakers???? If not is there a way of adding an amp for the front height speakers so I can use all nine speakers at once????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-26-2013, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Page 12 in manual [A] 7.2 channel surround system (front height) - Speaker System setting: normal (SB/FH). It is not possible to produce sounds simultanously from front height or front wide speakers and the surround back speakers.

Additional info which might help to understand:

For 5.1 to 7.1-Front_Height expansion, DPLIIz looks likes it will have two different effects depending on the nature of the input material:
•For 5.1 source material deliberately coded with front height content [and Dolby says it will teach game developers how to do this], DPLIIz will extract Front Height speaker content [somewhat analogous to the way analog decoders unscrambled matrixed 2 channel into L/C/R/Rear]; I guess that will be mostly discrete, and have low crosstalk versus other surround channels.
•For 5.1 source material NOT specifically coded with front height content, DPLIIz will infer Front Height speaker content; I'd guess that the results will be hit-or-miss - like they are if you apply DPLIIx to (say) 2 channels CDs. If the results suck, go back to 5.1, or if you have 9 speakers attached, try DPLIIx(Movie) or DPLIIx(Music).

What I learned about Front Height Speaker listening with Pioneer Elite VSX-53 http://www.avsforum.com/t/1396279/front-height-speaker-listening-with-pioneer-elite-vsx-53#post_21694555

This should help answer 1st part of your questions.smile.gif

Jammincapt
post #3 of 3 Old 03-27-2013, 01:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Discrete channels BD have encode channel specific info. Very few movies have discrete FH material. Matrix in formation is from two channel stereo that is passed on to the FH in DDPLIIz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page