Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-16-2013, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter
mnc
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 97
I have a NHT VT-2/ VS-2 speaker system, a Parasound HCA-1200ii 2-channel amp and a Yamaha RX-V861 receiver. I recently switched from using my Parasound only driving the subs to powering my VT-2 towers full range with the Yamaha only powering the center and surrounds. I immediately noticed a smoother, more pleasing sound when listening to 2-channel music. I am planning on upgrading my receiver to possibly a Marantz 6007.
My question is, I want to continue using my Parasound to power my VT-2 towers full range, so how would the sound of the Marantz match that, especially in the center channel? Also, wouldn't Audyssey help match the speakers sound? Thanks.

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-16-2013, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 78
My experience with Parasound, Marantz, Yamaha, HK is that the Yamaha is the odd man out.
I find that HK, Marantz, Parasound have the same smooth sound, and Yamaha a bit edgy...at least through my JBLs.
And being the 1200ii is 250w is enough to drive those towers, as you already know.

Custom, one of a kind pair, MJC212 mains, mod PT800 center, PT800 surrounds, SUB1500s. Parasound P7, Citation 19, Parasound HCA2205A, HK AVR3600, Marantz TT, Denon disc player, MacBook Pro w/ DragonFly usbDAC.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-16-2013, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Yeah that's exactly how I would describe it. The Yamaha, while nice, is a bit fatiguing after a while. The parasound sounds so comfortable even at very loud levels. Good to know the Marantz should be a good match, thanks!

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page