I LOVE my new Parasound A52 !! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-16-2013, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I ordered the A52 yesterday at work around one oclock in the afternoon. Fed Ex delivered it to my house this afternoon. That's the benefit of living so close to Audid Advisor here in Michigan. But the bummer is I had to pay sales tax. LOL On a more serious note I just have to say that I am literally amazed at the power and finesse of this amplifier. I had coveted one of these forever. I had previously a Marantx MM9000 5x150 watt amp in my system. The Marantz amp was certainly no slouch, especially with home theater. But this Parasound has so much detail and authority. I am not gonna sleep for the rest of the weekend. Concert Blu Rays and movie marathon. LOL I would challenge anyone that has not heard one of these to at least take it for a test drive. I am so glad I didn't waste money on the higher powered A51. 125 watts of Parasound is more than enough for my living room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-16-2013, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Parasound make top class Amplifiers, I use the A23 to bi amp my center channel and sound beyond amazing. Your A52 should keep for Manny years to come and get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Nice to see someone supporting parasound and not emotiva;)
post #3 of 3 Old 03-17-2013, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I briefly had an Emotiva LPA-1 a few years ago. It was 125 watts per channel also. In the brief time I owned it, I blew a woofer in one of my Sierra One bookshelfs. I like to listen at reference levels and above. I then sold the Emotiva and picked up the used Marantz MM9000 on Audiogon. There was no comparison. The Marantz trumped the Emotiva in every aspect. Of course neither of those amps can touch this Halo amp. I am happier than a pig in the mud !!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page