The BIG fat lie of 4K support in AV receivers - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 95 Old 04-26-2014, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I can't believe people are still falling for this Planned Obsolescence business model where you have to buy new equipment every 2 years. HDMI is just a control freak in charge of marketing that renders your "old" equipment into useless electronic waste with no resale value.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 95 Old 04-26-2014, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Wait a sec... So you're telling me I can't accept money when I sell my 2 year old electronics off? CRAP, I knew I was doing something wrong.... rolleyes.gif

Life is enjoyable with good quality
post #93 of 95 Old 04-26-2014, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Only if you play into it. Buy quality once, and it lasts much longer, not just physically holding up, but the performance remains satisfying much longer. I paid a lot of money for my Kuro in 2009. It is still so damn good, I have no intention of going near 4K anytime soon, if ever. Same thing, I bought a Pioneer VSX-1018 receiver in 2009. It doesnt do 3D, but neither do I. It wont do 4K, neither do I. It still sounds great and serves my purposes extremely well. Same with speakers, etc. I did buy a new BD player last year, but only for it's streaming features, and it was only $100.

Just my $.02:p
post #94 of 95 Old 04-26-2014, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
there's a lot of folks still content with 480i and 2.0 sound systems. You don't HAVE to upgrade. But let's not pretend a dramatic increase in resolution holds the same value to discerning consumers that "deep color" or "digital comb filter" did.

I still hear people tell me that blu-ray is simply a gimmick to sell you a new tv. I hear this from people whom work in the tv/film production industry mind you.

If you don't see value in 4K then don't buy it. I sure as hell do, but I'll wait until there's 20 films available that I love AND show noticeable improvements over their 1080p versions. By then the hardware should be relatively affordable enough.

4K isn't some passing fad, it's an emerging standard, it's not analogous to 3D. Unless you never upgrade again, you won't be able to avoid it. Unless of course you wait long enough for 8K to upgrade...
post #95 of 95 Old 07-09-2014, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 16
4k @ 24Hz is perfectly fine for commercial movies and low framerate console games. The TV can extrapolate it to 800 Hz or whatever lies they've reached now days. Only if you have a PC do you need a HDMI 2.0 4k @ 60 Hz input.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Sc 1222 7 2 Channel Network Ready Av Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr3007 140 Watts 9 2 Channel Av Surround Home Network Receiver Black , Pioneer Vsx 1122 K , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page