Decisions, decisions....... choosing the perfect receiver to match my new Monitor Audio Bronze Series BX5's - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-22-2013, 03:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am having a little bit of Receiver overload right now... I've looked at Yamaha, Pioneer, Denon, Onkyo and Marantz and I cant seem to make a decision (or even rule a few out yet!). i know that these speakers are particularly tough to pair with a receiver so owners please feel free to speak up!!! biggrin.gif

heres what i need...

Currently i only have the two BX5 towers but the Center channel will be on the way soon and the BXW10 sub will follow shortly after.

I want a receiver that will expand well with the future addition i make to my setup (eventually ill be running a full 7.1 Bronze series setup ( 2 BX2 rears, 2 BXFX surrounds, 1 BXW10 sub, BX centre, and 2 BX5's) but that a decent way down the road.

As far as usage goes im pretty much: 33% everyday TV (Sports, SportsCenter, Sports Nation, PTI,..... you get the point biggrin.gif), 33% Movies, 33% Music (...and 1% Gaming lol). I need a receiver that can really handle high volume daily usage with flinching (overheating/noisy fans).

Budget wise... I'll spend $1200 for the right reciever but I'd be much happier in the $500-$800 range (I know.... Not really sayin' much). To be honest its not so much about the money as it is about the value to quality ratio and squeezing every ounce of performance out of these speakers as possible and not having to think about upgrading my Pre/Pro when the other toys come in.

Other components of my HT setup??.... Panasonic TC-P55ST50 display, Direct TV service, PS3 to do pretty much everything else.

What i can say:

1. A lot of people shy away from Denon but I've always found their utilitarian gui really easy to navigate and ive owned a few in the past so i wouldnt mind a farmilar brand but I am totally open to new options...

2. Onkyo's styling has always been a thorn in my side.... ya know what, it is what it is.... the appearance of my components matters to me mainly because i prefer to have equipment that adds to the ambiance of my living room as oppose to taking away from it and feeling the need to hide them in furniture. having that said... Pioneer and Marantz styling is more my speed but im not sure about if im getting enough bang for my buck there.

3. Down the road when i upgrade to a full 7.1 i plan on bringing in a separate Amp... something like the MingDa MC-368-BSE (once i figure out how to use it lol).

........So any and all assistance steering me in the right direction will be much appreciated!

Thanks
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page