PROBLEM with Pioneer 1122k and Klipsch sw450 subwoofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 03-25-2013, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there, i'm brand new to this forum and thought myself to be a pretty good audiophile. I usually am a tech savy person, however i'm finding myself to be in a sort of bind with my receiver and subwoofer. I'm using a Monster isf 850 subwoofer cable with a Klipsch SW450 sub and a pioneer vsx1122-k receiver. Lately I've noticed when watching anything even listening to music that my bass in my 5.1 klipsch surround sound is not sounding proud worthy lol. Went over and hit the toggle switch a few times to see if someone turned it off by accident. It's set to ON and is getting power with the 0 degree to 180 degree set to down fire as opposed to up. I understand the monster cable being a higher quality cable is directional and that is in proper direction. As for the receiver, i'm new to this kind. I have a pioneer sc67 elite in my main living room, this is just for my basement that i'm having the issue with. When the desired surround mode is selected (or any mode) the subwoofer doesn't fire/sound.

I unplugged the monster cable connectors and plugged it back in while being on and volume turned low to check and see if I get power or signal. This checks out. I'm at a loss of words. The subwoofer was JUST WORKING not too long ago and i've only had both items for roughly 47 days and they are still brand new. ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE?!?!?! I would be greatly appreciated because I've spent close to few thousand on this set up frown.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-25-2013, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

ANYONE?? Stupid tech support with Bestbuy from who I bought the setup from gave me idiotic, unhelpful information...
post #3 of 11 Old 03-25-2013, 07:59 PM

I would check the subwoofer settings on the receiver.

If you still have issues, I would run the automatic calibration program to see if the receiver is sending a signal to the subwoofer.
post #4 of 11 Old 03-25-2013, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Yes i've messed with the settings on the subwoofer and the 0 degree and 180 degree toggle switch is only to switch directional soundwaves for slightly different sound. That isn't an issue, for some reason it just doesn't sound at all, I just tried and recalibrated the speakers and the subwoofer fires fine and you can here it easily. Anyone know what initial setup or input setups should be in receiver system setup? For example for HDMI control setup, ARC, PQLS, Control Mode, Standby Through (ON/AUTO/OFF).
post #5 of 11 Old 03-25-2013, 08:54 PM

Liked: 11
If you have a 3.5mm to RCA cable I would plug an MP3 player (or some other music source) into the subwoofer and test to see if any noise comes out of it. If so, the settings on the reciever are wrong (or more likely) the sub cable is bad). If not, I'd be thinking about returning or exchanging the sub for one that worked.

post #6 of 11 Old 03-25-2013, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Yea I recalibrate the speakers and the sub has signal so the monster cable is good. I think its settings in the receiver. However I thought the calibration pretty much notices what speakers you are using and it should be fine but Idk... Just might use the tech house call for the geek squad idk frown.gif
post #7 of 11 Old 03-25-2013, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Yea I recalibrate the speakers and the sub has signal so the monster cable is good. I think its settings in the receiver. However I thought the calibration pretty much notices what speakers you are using and it should be fine but Idk... Just might use the tech house call for the geek squad idk frown.gif
post #8 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 12:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 146
First make sure all speakers are set to small. Don' t use the sub plus feature. Second, if the sub level in the avr is over + 6, then the sub gain is to low. Don't use standby on the sub, keep it on. Four, consider using a Y connector for the sub.

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus 200 Five, Dayton 18 Ultimxa Dual Sub Cab(2), Dayton 18 Ultimax Large Vented Sub Cab (2), on Berhinger I Nuke DPS amps, Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500
post #9 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter

Yea the SW cable that I have from monster is the isf 850 which is a high end model and is a Y connector for sure. I'll try the avr level to +6 and have all speakers set to small except the towers. What would be the benefit from having switched them to small as opposed to large?
post #10 of 11 Old 04-06-2013, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
No he is saying if when you run auto calibration if the sub gain is set to plus 6 or higher than the gain on the sub needs to be turned up.
post #11 of 11 Old 04-06-2013, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Pioneer receiver calibration typically put speakers that marginally can output bass as large. And by doing so, bass will not be redirected to your sub. Check MCACC thread for instructions how to manually set speakers while perform MCACC calibration.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1122 K

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page