Yamaha RX-V 75 Series owners thread - Page 107 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 239Likes

post #3181 of 3203 Old 01-05-2017, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 28
still sounds like he needs a 2 zone receiver which the 475 is not.

Vizio m55
Yamaha v475
Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.0, BIC F12
PS4, AppleTV, DirecTV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3182 of 3203 Old 01-05-2017, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked: 1239
The red, white, (and yellow) RCA ports labelled "AV Out" on the RXV475 will work just fine to send the [analog sourced] sound to another room either via wire or some outboard wireless relay system. What makes these ports not "Zone 2 Out", as found on higher tier receivers, is that you have no ability to send out a different sound than what the main room is enjoying, nor vary the volume level of these outputs. All volume changes for the secondary zone(s) must be accomplished by other controls on the outboard amps The main room can also leave the volume at zero if you don't want sound there while listening in another room zone.

Last edited by m. zillch; 01-05-2017 at 08:45 PM.
post #3183 of 3203 Old 01-05-2017, 07:59 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I have an RX-V675 and every once in a while it loses its IP address on the network. Has anyone else had this issue? It happens out of the blue. Sometimes it still shows the IP address in the network display in the settings but if I ping the address it doesn't respond and the Yamaha mobile app can't connect to it. Other times the IP address in the settings is blank. I try rebooting the router, unplugging and replugging the network cable, and unplugging and replugging the power to the Yamaha but nothing works. Then a while later it seems to just start working again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #3184 of 3203 Old 01-07-2017, 06:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Send a message via Yahoo to ChromeJob Send a message via Skype™ to ChromeJob
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee77ca View Post
I have an RX-V675 and every once in a while it loses its IP address on the network. Has anyone else had this issue? It happens out of the blue. Sometimes it still shows the IP address in the network display in the settings but if I ping the address it doesn't respond and the Yamaha mobile app can't connect to it. Other times the IP address in the settings is blank. I try rebooting the router, unplugging and replugging the network cable, and unplugging and replugging the power to the Yamaha but nothing works. Then a while later it seems to just start working again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
With my 775, turning off the Network Standby setting, then powering down, then powering up, resolved streaming and other network issues.

I've had better, longer lasting luck by setting a static IP for the receiver (and set that IP address as reserved on the network router by specifying the 675/775's MAC address). If you don't know how to do this for your router, look it up on dslreports.com, there's a big community there to help. On the 675/775, go into Settings, Network, Ip address, turn DHCP off, program in the static IP you want, the subnet mask, the gateway address (your router's address), and a DNS server for your Internet provider. If you're not so sure about DNS servers, you can use Google's free ones, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
jaydee77ca likes this.

“Phil? Phil Connors?!”
Are ya new here? Please read FAQs and forum stickies. Like posts that help you. Don't ask a question and then disappear.
A: Yamaha RX-V775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen.
post #3185 of 3203 Old 01-12-2017, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
With my 775, turning off the Network Standby setting, then powering down, then powering up, resolved streaming and other network issues.

I've had better, longer lasting luck by setting a static IP for the receiver (and set that IP address as reserved on the network router by specifying the 675/775's MAC address). If you don't know how to do this for your router, look it up on dslreports.com, there's a big community there to help. On the 675/775, go into Settings, Network, Ip address, turn DHCP off, program in the static IP you want, the subnet mask, the gateway address (your router's address), and a DNS server for your Internet provider. If you're not so sure about DNS servers, you can use Google's free ones, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
Interesting. I've set mine up like this now. We'll see if it happens again. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
post #3186 of 3203 Old 01-12-2017, 10:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Temba, his fingers crossed.

“Phil? Phil Connors?!”
Are ya new here? Please read FAQs and forum stickies. Like posts that help you. Don't ask a question and then disappear.
A: Yamaha RX-V775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen.
post #3187 of 3203 Old 02-12-2017, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anyone figured out how to do 4K passthrough on RX-V755? I'm using an android box with Kodi that does 4k, plugged into HDMI 2 on the AVR, then a Sharp 4k TV.. Plugging the Android box directly into the TV 4K works just fine however when I run it through the Yamaha the signal only outputs 1080p.

Googling brings up a solution for other Yamahas involving Advanced Menu/changing the 4K to 'Mode 1' however this unit doesn't seem to have that menu option.

Anyone know the answer here?
post #3188 of 3203 Old 02-12-2017, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojazz View Post
Anyone figured out how to do 4K passthrough on RX-V755? I'm using an android box with Kodi that does 4k, plugged into HDMI 2 on the AVR, then a Sharp 4k TV.. Plugging the Android box directly into the TV 4K works just fine however when I run it through the Yamaha the signal only outputs 1080p.

Googling brings up a solution for other Yamahas involving Advanced Menu/changing the 4K to 'Mode 1' however this unit doesn't seem to have that menu option.

Anyone know the answer here?
Welcome to the forums. I don't believe a 755 model will know anything about 4K. This thread is about the RXV-*75 models. Maybe you mistyped, or ... have the wrong model? Your model will be identified on the front display, back label, or On Screen/ Settings menus.

The "Mode 1" option is something found on the later models, due to HDCP 2.2 compatibility. The 775 model like I have is not compatible with 60 Hz scan rates in UHD/4K which depend upon that later standard.

\\ Sent from my mobile device //

“Phil? Phil Connors?!”
post #3189 of 3203 Old 02-13-2017, 02:06 PM

Thanks for the reply! Yes I meant 775 - typo! So if I understand correctly our 775 units cannot pass through 4K? Is the only workaround then to plug the video box directly into the tv, then use ARC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
Welcome to the forums. I don't believe a 755 model will know anything about 4K. This thread is about the RXV-*75 models. Maybe you mistyped, or ... have the wrong model? Your model will be identified on the front display, back label, or On Screen/ Settings menus.

The "Mode 1" option is something found on the later models, due to HDCP 2.2 compatibility. The 775 model like I have is not compatible with 60 Hz scan rates in UHD/4K which depend upon that later standard.

post #3190 of 3203 Old 02-13-2017, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked: 1239
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojazz View Post
Thanks for the reply! Yes I meant 775 - typo! So if I understand correctly our 775 units cannot pass through 4K? Is the only workaround then to plug the video box directly into the tv, then use ARC?
Some disc players, such as some Oppos, sport two HDMI outs so you can send audio only to your AVR and 4K to your display. [At least I assume. I don't actually have any 4K stuff.]

Every time I see people bring up using ARC it is because they are having a problem with it and the general consensus seems to be "Stop using it."
ChromeJob likes this.
post #3191 of 3203 Old 02-13-2017, 04:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
Some disc players, such as some Oppos, sport two HDMI outs so you can send audio only to your AVR and 4K to your display. [At least I assume. I don't actually have any 4K stuff.]

Every time I see people bring up using ARC it is because they are having a problem with it and the general consensus seems to be "Stop using it."
^ yeah, what he said.

HDMI-ARC is limited to DD and PCM 2.0, and in teh case of my Samsung TV, it has problems transcoding DD+ to DD which should be a breeze. So....

The 775 supports 4k passthrough at, um, 30, 25, 24 fps or so? Check your manual. A later revision of the 4k UHD standard upped the frame rate to 60 fps, in HDCP 2.2 IIRC, and that was finally incorporated with the 779. So ... the answer is, it depends. Older 4k stuff will work fine, but newer 4k stuff will not pass through properly. Kind of a bummer for those of us who thought we were future-proofing our hi-fis.

Like m.zilch, I don't 4k-anything, but I love the web, app features of the 775 -- I'm playing Crowded House from my NAS through the DLNA Server input now, controlling with the Yamaha AV Controller app on my iPad Mini that I'm writing on -- so I'm not too bummed.

“Phil? Phil Connors?!”
post #3192 of 3203 Old 02-28-2017, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Firmware Update Version 1.87

FYI

http://download.yamaha.com/search/de...asset_id=68726

This firmware includes
1. Napster playback bug improvement
ChromeJob likes this.
post #3193 of 3203 Old 02-28-2017, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Geez, hopefully I upgraded for more than that (a service that I don't use, never had used). :-\
post #3194 of 3203 Old 04-10-2017, 08:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Yamaha RX-V 75 Series owners thread

I'm interested in other reports of this problem. Recently I realized that the 775 will play digital files up to about 192 kHz for WAV and FLAC files, and 48 kHz for other file types. (The later models' OMs are more specific about supported files than the 675/775 OM.) So after finding that some of my best loved CD rips are old ones at less than 320 kbps CBR MP3, that is lower quality, I decided to try re-ripping some, and ripping others that I'd never converted, to the new lossless format.

So far the 775 plays FLAC files that are ripped at 4/10 compression, 48 kbps sampling[1]. But I'm hearing a clicking on the electronic ambient music albums. The files sound fine played from the same network source on my computer. I'm trying one of them playing through the Netgear Genie app, casting to a Chromecast v1 connected to the AVR via HDMI, no clicking. So it seems to be something with the SERVER input streaming from a network DLNA share.

[1] Why 48 kbps? After reading several threads on the MediaMonkey support forum, I found assertions that although a 44.1 kbps 16 bit word length rip will be 1:1 with a CD's contents, 48 kbps provides "more data" for DSPs and Enhancers to use. Since I sometimes use Dolby PL II Music, or the Yamaha Enhancer, I thought there's no harm in the increased sampling rate. File sizes are trivially larger.

I tried ripping the same album that is having some clicks at AAC highest quality, WMA lossless highest quality (HUGE files O_o), and FLAC 44.1 kbps and 4/10 compression. With some slight variations, all had a few clicks, but the AAC files seemed to have the least. But AAC is lossy (I think), I'd prefer switching to a lossless format.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Rip a CD to FLAC format, as detailed above.
2. Post to a network share that supports DLNA, e.g. Netgear router with USB drive, providing DLNA connectivity.
3. Turn on Yamaha 775 AVR.
4. Select SERVER.
5. Find the folder on the network share.
6. Play the first track of the ripped album.

Anyone else encountered this with FLAC or other lossless format files?

“Phil? Phil Connors?!”

Last edited by ChromeJob; 04-10-2017 at 08:49 PM.
post #3195 of 3203 Old 04-11-2017, 11:34 PM

I own RXV775.
today, something weird happened. Reciever turned on on his own, switched to Airplay (I never use airplay), volume maximum and some music played!

Is it possible, someone hacked it? It is connected to Internet..

?!?
post #3196 of 3203 Old 04-12-2017, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello audio experts, I have been reading through this site since I own a Yamaha RX-V675 AV receiver which I want to implement into a Crestron multi room home center. I am looking for pacific guidance to properly hook all these items together.

I have the following components:

Yamaha RX-V675, Crestron AES Adagio Entertainment System, Crestron 4 Room Audio System Processor Amplifier - PAMP-4x100, and a Crestron C2N-VEQ4 Volume Equalizer Control Module.

I will be rack mounting these items and linking them for a remote touch screen control.

I really need some direct recommendations to allow these components to hook together to allow the 4 rooms to have sound and two to have HDMI video. I would like to even add two outdoor speakers.

Do any of you have a good understanding of this process? Please help me...
post #3197 of 3203 Old 04-12-2017, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by japke View Post
I own RXV775.

today, something weird happened. Reciever turned on on his own, switched to Airplay (I never use airplay), volume maximum and some music played!
Is it possible, someone hacked it? It is connected to Internet..?!?
Is your home wi-fi network open? If so, lock it down with WPA2 password authentication. Sounds like someone got on your network, saw your amp on Airplay, and connected.

If you're not familiar with home networking, www.dslreports.com has forums with people who can help with your router model….

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyfoxvt View Post
Hello audio experts, I have been reading through this site since I own a Yamaha RX-V675 AV receiver which I want to implement into a Crestron multi room home center. I am looking for pacific guidance to properly hook all these items together.

I have the following components:

Yamaha RX-V675, Crestron AES Adagio Entertainment System, Crestron 4 Room Audio System Processor Amplifier - PAMP-4x100, and a Crestron C2N-VEQ4 Volume Equalizer Control Module.
Read the manual? If you want to use external amplifiers, I suspect you need an AVR with PRE OUT connections, which the next model up, the RX-v775, has.

“Phil? Phil Connors?!”
post #3198 of 3203 Old 04-14-2017, 12:46 AM

Quote:
I own RXV775.

Is it possible, someone hacked it? It is connected to Internet..

?!?
I have found the mistery man

it was my 5yr old nephew visiting us and playing with Ipad.
He accidentally pressed AirPlay icon in Youtube while on the other side of the house, not knowing that he almost burnt my Reciever out
post #3199 of 3203 Old 04-14-2017, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have found the mistery man

it was my 5yr old nephew visiting us and playing with Ipad.

He accidentally pressed AirPlay icon in Youtube while on the other side of the house, not knowing that he almost burnt my Reciever out
A-ha!!

There's a couple of options you want to enable with kids about, if your model has them.

"Initial volume" sets the volume the AVR is at when turned on. I have mine at -30dB.

"Max Gain" sets the loudest you can set the AVR for. Mine's at -20dB, if I need louder I can manually change it.

“Phil? Phil Connors?!”
post #3200 of 3203 Old 04-14-2017, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 648 Post(s)
Liked: 367
^ -20 dB is pretty wimpy for max volume (mine's at -5), but it's definitely a good idea to set one. Before I set the max I once blew a tweeter after accidently ramping the volume all way up testing a new remote.
ChromeJob likes this.
post #3201 of 3203 Old 04-14-2017, 05:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
^ -20 dB is pretty wimpy for max volume (mine's at -5), but it's definitely a good idea to set one....
Actually, my max is at -15 dB, but I don't have a kidlin scampering about. AND I'm feeding 4-6Ω speakers, so my -20 dB is not necessarily yours. Some devices have really loud inputs, my Chromecast and the SERVER (DLNA) inputs have -4 dB volume trim on them.

Oh, and smallish room, townhome with neighbors on either side, and … yada yada yada. I'm generally watching between -17 dB and -30 dB depending upon the time, the content, the input source. I'm about 9' from my screen, 11' from each left and right speaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
… I once blew a tweeter after accidently ramping the volume all way up testing a new remote.
I can imagine how you felt...!

“Phil? Phil Connors?!”

Last edited by ChromeJob; 04-14-2017 at 05:28 PM.
post #3202 of 3203 Old Today, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2000 Post(s)
Liked: 570
Does the current crop of Yamaha AVRs compensate for phase/time domain response in addition to the auto PEQ like Audyssey XT32 does? FIR filters/taps?

Basically the models with RSC and multipoint measurements?

There is some disagreement in the Rythmik sub thread. Probably 5 months from upgrading the RX-V375 I have now. Curious if the Yamahas equivalent to the Denon X3300W or higher have room correction on par with Audyssey XT32.

Completely underwhelmed with the auto PEQ of my 375. But I realize that something in the $1K MSRP could be far better.
post #3203 of 3203 Old Today, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2000 Post(s)
Liked: 570
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
a/v receiver , component cables , hdmi , optical audio , Yamaha , Yamaha Rx V375 5 1 Channel Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V475 5 1 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V575 7 1 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V675 7 2 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V775wa 7 2 Channel Network Av Receiver
Gear in this thread