Yamaha RX-V 75 Series owners thread - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1261 of 1641 Old 06-03-2014, 05:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Get one of these and connect to both RCA inputs.
http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-ULTRA-Series-Y-Adapter-Inches/dp/B004EBX5GW/ref=pd_sim_e_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0DEG2EBS3X0H3HNZN1GS

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1641 Old 06-03-2014, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks man.
post #1263 of 1641 Old 06-03-2014, 05:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamran000 View Post

Thanks man.
yw

post #1264 of 1641 Old 06-05-2014, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all --

I'm looking at the Yamaha RX-V575 because it has Zone B functionality. I would like to play the same music in an adjacent room to where the main 5.1 theater is.

Owners of the V575: can Zone B stream digital sources or is it analog only, like the Sony STN-DN1040 or the Denon AVR-E400?

post #1265 of 1641 Old 06-07-2014, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
ok...got a QUESTION for all yamaha....and ALL AVR owners, i will make it quick !

When i watch a movie in 5.1 FLAC or AAC....what the hell is the yamaha supposed to display on its lcd screen and info button ????

I know there is NO AVR on the market that lights up the words "FLAC" or "AAC".....

how can i be sure that the AVR is receiving that signal....coz sometimes it says on my yamaha "DOLBY digital", sometimes it stated PCM !!!!!
WT ? eek.gif:
post #1266 of 1641 Old 06-07-2014, 09:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenito2k View Post

ok...got a QUESTION for all yamaha....and ALL AVR owners, i will make it quick !

When i watch a movie in 5.1 FLAC or AAC....what the hell is the yamaha supposed to display on its lcd screen and info button ????

I know there is NO AVR on the market that lights up the words "FLAC" or "AAC".....

how can i be sure that the AVR is receiving that signal....coz sometimes it says on my yamaha "DOLBY digital", sometimes it stated PCM !!!!!
WT ? eek.gif:
Dont know. Hit Menu > Information > Audio. That will tell you what kind of signal youre getting.

post #1267 of 1641 Old 06-07-2014, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
been using avr yor years...of course i know that, alas it never says AAC/FLAC on any amp i know...hence the question !
post #1268 of 1641 Old 06-07-2014, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have the 675 and it only lists analog sources for Zone 2, plus USB and the network streams like Pandora.
post #1269 of 1641 Old 06-07-2014, 11:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenito2k View Post

been using avr yor years...of course i know that, alas it never says AAC/FLAC on any amp i know...hence the question !
Alas I dont know. Hence I wont try to help again.

post #1270 of 1641 Old 06-07-2014, 03:54 PM

Got a 675 this week. Love it! Have it up and running for the most part. I have one problem. I thought it would be fairly easy to figure out how to watch tv, but listen to a different audio.. such as the tuner or internet radio. But, I have no clue. My hookups are all HDMI. My remote is a harmony 700. Do I have to hook up with component or something??? Just not sure what to do.
post #1271 of 1641 Old 06-07-2014, 04:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner74012 View Post

Got a 675 this week. Love it! Have it up and running for the most part. I have one problem. I thought it would be fairly easy to figure out how to watch tv, but listen to a different audio.. such as the tuner or internet radio. But, I have no clue. My hookups are all HDMI. My remote is a harmony 700. Do I have to hook up with component or something??? Just not sure what to do.
Go to the specific audio input in the menu and change the Video Out to whatever HDMI your tv is.
Ex: Menu > Input > Tuner > Video Out

post #1272 of 1641 Old 06-07-2014, 04:58 PM

Thank you Bond!!!!
post #1273 of 1641 Old 06-07-2014, 04:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner74012 View Post

Thank you Bond!!!!
yw

post #1274 of 1641 Old 06-08-2014, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Hi guys,

Quick question. I plan to connect a speaker selector to a receiver since I have multi room speakers for ambient sound. I would like to play the same content from my bluray, comcast box to the multiroom speakers.

My question is: should I get a zone 2 or zone B receiver? 675 vs 575? If I get the zone 2 675, will I be able to output the same content to my multi room speakers?? Or this is just possible on zone b receivers?

That is important for me, this is why I am not sure which one to get, 575 or 675.

ps: are the factory refurbished units reliable? Amazon has a great price on them. thanks
post #1275 of 1641 Old 06-09-2014, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I just set up a RX-V675 in the bi-amp mode to my Paradigm Studio 60's and it made a huge difference. I had previously set up  a V377 but seeing the 675 being not much more on Amazon I returned the 377 for the 675. These AVR's were replacing an old HTR-5550 which is now powering my computer speakers (a bit over kill that).

The point of this post is to recommend that if your speakers are set up to be bi-amped your really need to set them up this way, or at least try them that way. I set the Studio 60's with the jumpers when I set up the HTR-5550 thinking the resulting sound was a result of the 5550.

Bi-amping does nothing as far as volume but makes an incredible difference in articulation.

post #1276 of 1641 Old 06-10-2014, 12:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Most people say biamping does nothing. I tried it and it made no difference.

post #1277 of 1641 Old 06-10-2014, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Agreed. If you can notice "an incredible difference" then something else has changed. The bi-amping alone can't make that much difference.
post #1278 of 1641 Old 06-10-2014, 06:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Virtually every respected person at AVS says that biamping will make NO difference unless you disable the crossover in the speaker. People hear what they want.

post #1279 of 1641 Old 06-10-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davivascaino View Post

Hi guys,

Quick question. I plan to connect a speaker selector to a receiver since I have multi room speakers for ambient sound. I would like to play the same content from my bluray, comcast box to the multiroom speakers.

My question is: should I get a zone 2 or zone B receiver? 675 vs 575? If I get the zone 2 675, will I be able to output the same content to my multi room speakers?? Or this is just possible on zone b receivers?

That is important for me, this is why I am not sure which one to get, 575 or 675.

ps: are the factory refurbished units reliable? Amazon has a great price on them. thanks

Nobody? frown.gif
post #1280 of 1641 Old 06-10-2014, 07:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davivascaino View Post

Nobody? frown.gif
Ive never used a speaker selector.
I think that to be able to output the same sound to multiple rooms you have to have "Party Mode". Thats only available on the 773, 775, 777 series and up.
Factory refurbished should be ok. Make sure you get a warranty and a good return policy.

post #1281 of 1641 Old 06-12-2014, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
RX-V775 crossover settting

Is there a way to set the crossover frequency for the center separate from the fronts ?
post #1282 of 1641 Old 06-12-2014, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Speakers: Monitor Audio Vector 5.1
AV Receiver: Yamaha RX-V675

I need some serious help here to get this setup. I ran YPAO as instructed, Crossover behind Subwoofer at 150Hz (max) and Level (volume) at halfway.

YPAO set my two fronts L/R to Large and Global Crossover at 160Hz.

I set my everything to Small, and made that Crossover to 80Hz.

The distances were about right, all (everything) Speakers were about 2.20-2.30m which is about right.

The levels it made Subwoofer +10.0dB, Centre -3.0dB, Front L/R -0.5dB, SL -3.0dB, SR -1.5dB.

Parametric EQ I set that to YPAO: Natural, I just took a random pick and went with it.

Everything else I left, there are various other options like Adaptive DSP Level, Tone Control, Adaptive DRC, Extended Surround, Dialogue Adjust, Enhancer - maybe some can advise me if I should use these?

Also, there is Scene - it was already set to 'Standard' there are other options like Sci-Fi, Drama, 7ch Stereo ect..

I then watched Lone Survivor, which is meant to have good surround effects and I watched that with my brother and a friend. It did make my floor shake, happy about that the Bass was great - from the Subwoofer.

But, this was me playing the film at -6.0dB, no I'm not deaf, maybe there is something wrong with my AVR. Around, 30 mins into the film, my mate sitting at the nearer sofa to the TV said he could smell like burning, so I paused the film and smelt and it did smell like burning like copper burning, I felt the top of my AVR and it wasn't hot, don't know where that was coming from.

We carried on watching and it went away, didn't smell it again.

Let me say, it could be my fault when I wired the Speakers I cut around 3cm of copper and twisted it, put it through the binding post hole and pulled it up a little bit of outer layer is between the binding post and the back bit, so I tighten it just about enough because of the outer layer it won't go all the way but there is enough copper in the binding post and I've did test tone and can hear everything ok.

Tomorrow, I will chop off the end and only cut 1cm, twist the copper strands put it in the drilled hole and tighten, no need to wrap it around I was advised now.

What I'm getting at here, is that I've owned a few all in one systems in the past, 2 good (from LG) and 1 terribly bad (from Sony) and the only positive I can take is that the bass from these separates are incredible in comparison. In regards to watching big films like Transformers, Spiderman ect.. the MA Vectors sound quite bass-less, it's as if they aren't doing enough, for such big boxes in comparison to other Speakers, I feel as if they should be doing much more. There isn't any umph in the sound.

Is -6.0dB really loud? I swear, maybe there is a problem with my AVR (I don't know how to check) but it's not that loud on my side.

I bought it from a friend of a friend, the Yamaha RX-V675 for £150 as his going back to California, he also bought 5 year supercare with it.

I'll wire the Speakers properly, check I've got the positive/negative right and take what ever advise given to me here.

Me and my folks won't be watching much in the next month or so, the weather is nice won't be cooped up at home watching films, but if I still can't get it to work properly in a couple of months I'll sell it bit by bit and grab an LG all in one and be sure to demo it before buying.

I really hope I can get it to work properly. Bass from the Subwoofer is great, just the Satellites don't seem to have enough bass during movies sound quite bright and tinny, -6.0dB seems quite high in my opinion maybe going to 0.0dB would be excessive I don't want to break anything but for that volume the sound isn't really there, the satellites should have more bass and sound less thin IMO.

I have a feeling some will say -5.0dB is too loud and can damage my Speakers/AVR, but watching a movie at anything lower IMO is just a waste of all this kit. Like, when my mate said he smelt burning and I smelt like burning copper too, I thought fck should I turn it down? I want to be listening at that level without any worries in my head that something will blow up lol.
post #1283 of 1641 Old 06-12-2014, 04:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniemeatball View Post
Is there a way to set the crossover frequency for the center separate from the fronts ?
No.
post #1284 of 1641 Old 06-12-2014, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiNZi View Post
Speakers: Monitor Audio Vector 5.1
AV Receiver: Yamaha RX-V675

I need some serious help here to get this setup. I ran YPAO as instructed, Crossover behind Subwoofer at 150Hz (max) and Level (volume) at halfway.

The distances were about right, all (everything) Speakers were about 2.20-2.30m which is about right.

The levels it made Subwoofer +10.0dB, Centre -3.0dB, Front L/R -0.5dB, SL -3.0dB, SR -1.5dB.
Parametric EQ I set that to YPAO: Natural, I just took a random pick and went with it.
Everything else I left, there are various other options like Adaptive DSP Level, Tone Control, Adaptive DRC, Extended Surround, Dialogue Adjust, Enhancer - maybe some can advise me if I should use these?

Also, there is Scene - it was already set to 'Standard' there are other options like Sci-Fi, Drama, 7ch Stereo ect..

I then watched Lone Survivor, which is meant to have good surround effects and I watched that with my brother and a friend. It did make my floor shake, happy about that the Bass was great - from the Subwoofer.

But, this was me playing the film at -6.0dB, no I'm not deaf, maybe there is something wrong with my AVR. Around, 30 mins into the film, my mate sitting at the nearer sofa to the TV said he could smell like burning, so I paused the film and smelt and it did smell like burning like copper burning, I felt the top of my AVR and it wasn't hot, don't know where that was coming from.

We carried on watching and it went away, didn't smell it again.

Let me say, it could be my fault when I wired the Speakers I cut around 3cm of copper and twisted it, put it through the binding post hole and pulled it up a little bit of outer layer is between the binding post and the back bit, so I tighten it just about enough because of the outer layer it won't go all the way but there is enough copper in the binding post and I've did test tone and can hear everything ok.

Tomorrow, I will chop off the end and only cut 1cm, twist the copper strands put it in the drilled hole and tighten, no need to wrap it around I was advised now.

What I'm getting at here, is that I've owned a few all in one systems in the past, 2 good (from LG) and 1 terribly bad (from Sony) and the only positive I can take is that the bass from these separates are incredible in comparison. In regards to watching big films like Transformers, Spiderman ect.. the MA Vectors sound quite bass-less, it's as if they aren't doing enough, for such big boxes in comparison to other Speakers, I feel as if they should be doing much more. There isn't any umph in the sound.

Is -6.0dB really loud? I swear, maybe there is a problem with my AVR (I don't know how to check) but it's not that loud on my side.

I bought it from a friend of a friend, the Yamaha RX-V675 for £150 as his going back to California, he also bought 5 year supercare with it.

I'll wire the Speakers properly, check I've got the positive/negative right and take what ever advise given to me here.

Me and my folks won't be watching much in the next month or so, the weather is nice won't be cooped up at home watching films, but if I still can't get it to work properly in a couple of months I'll sell it bit by bit and grab an LG all in one and be sure to demo it before buying.

I really hope I can get it to work properly. Bass from the Subwoofer is great, just the Satellites don't seem to have enough bass during movies sound quite bright and tinny, -6.0dB seems quite high in my opinion maybe going to 0.0dB would be excessive I don't want to break anything but for that volume the sound isn't really there, the satellites should have more bass and sound less thin IMO.

I have a feeling some will say -5.0dB is too loud and can damage my Speakers/AVR, but watching a movie at anything lower IMO is just a waste of all this kit. Like, when my mate said he smelt burning and I smelt like burning copper too, I thought fck should I turn it down? I want to be listening at that level without any worries in my head that something will blow up lol.
Don't leave too much exposed copper at either end of the speaker wire. Don't let the strands touch anything else and feed through hole when available. Then screw until pinched tight. If those speakers are only 4" midrange with sensitivity of 85db they are not real loud. They may need to be cranked that high.

If something smells like burning that is not normal. Don't start a fire. Setting speakers to small is correct and 80hz crossover is normal. With a 10" subwoofer you may want to raise that to 90 or 100hz. And no bass will come out of any speaker besides the subwoofer.

The subwoofer amp volume is way too low. Ypao is happy when it sets it near zero. +10 is maxed out. Trial and error. Turn up sub and rerun ypao until it gets off +10 in the receiver manual speaker area.

The manual explains all those settings that come up when pressing the option button. Study them and experiment first then ask any questions. For me some are useful and some depend on music or movies etc.

You can adjust the bass by speaker setup or sub trim from option button. And scene buttons are to set up a custom setting and save it. Again refer to manual for all scene buttons do.

Last edited by kikkenit2; 06-12-2014 at 05:10 PM.
post #1285 of 1641 Old 06-12-2014, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The levels it made Subwoofer +10.0dB, Centre -3.0dB, Front L/R -0.5dB, SL -3.0dB, SR -1.5dB...
Subwoofer at +10 (the max possible) with negative levels for the other speakers means that you should turn up the sub's own volume a bit and run YPAO again. Try and get the sub level close to zero, then you'll have room to adjust it up or down as needed.

The 80Hz crossover is probably too low for those surrounds. Try at least 100Hz.

-6.0dB for a movie is higher than many people use, but it's not totally unreasonable if you like it loud (just depends on your definition of loud). Once you turn up the sub volume and run YPAO again the other speaker levels might be set higher (which will mean you'll be turning down the master volume a bit).
post #1286 of 1641 Old 06-13-2014, 02:40 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Great, thanks for the advise.

Let me try and understand it a bit more now. When I ran YPAO and wrote all of this above, behind my Subwoofer I set the Crossover to 150Hz (max) and Level to say 50% (it's not measured like that, it's just a knob).

I will turn up the Level behind the Subwoofer to say 75% and re-run YPAO again. You all cite '+10.00dB', what number should I be aiming for when fiddling with the Level and re-running YPAO, should I want to see 0.0dB or?

Just to let you know, my Speakers from MA website Frequency is down as 65Hz-30KHz and Centre 60Hz-30KHz. Should I still stick with 80Hz or go to 100Hz?

Also, when you say that +10.00dB is maxed out, does that mean the Subwoofer is doing too much? I will try and set the Subwoofer higher and hopefully you can give me a figure that I should be aiming for - for the Subwoofer in Manual Setup area.
post #1287 of 1641 Old 06-13-2014, 03:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Keep subwoofer crossover at 150(max). Phase at 0.
Keep changing the sub volume AT THE SUB and running YPAO until the sub volume IN THE 675 is somewhere in between -3 and 0.
Set ALL speakers to Small.
Set sub crossover in the 675 at 80-100. Whatever sounds good to you.
Just an FYI. Speaker companies are notorious for exaggerating their speakers frequency response. Your speakers almost certainly cannot reproduce 65 Hz competently.

Last edited by Bond 007; 06-13-2014 at 03:25 AM.
post #1288 of 1641 Old 06-13-2014, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I will turn up the Level behind the Subwoofer to say 75% and re-run YPAO again. You all cite '+10.00dB', what number should I be aiming for when fiddling with the Level and re-running YPAO, should I want to see 0.0dB or?
The speaker level adjustments in the receiver (including the sub level) can be set from -10 to +10dB, so when you see that YPAO used +10 it likely means it wants to go higher but can't (that's what I meant by "maxed out" at +10).

Try turning the knob to 75% on the sub and run YPAO again. When YPAO sets the sub level at least several dB away from the limits you know that the level should be OK. Closer to zero just means you'll have more room to make manual adjustments later if you want to.
post #1289 of 1641 Old 06-13-2014, 06:24 AM

Liked: 11
Speaking of YPAO, I have a situation where my front speakers are extremely efficient (some old 15" home-made JBLs) and as such are not a a good match for the other speakers in the system. YPAO sets levels as such:

Fronts: -2.5
Center: +10 (Klipsch C-20)
Surrounds: +5 (Klipsch B-20)
Sub: +1 (Polk PSW-10)

It all sounds very good but the high levels of the center and surrounds bugs me. I believe that short of replacing the fronts with a closer matching pair of speakers, especially in terms of efficiency, to the others, there is not much I can do. Comments?
post #1290 of 1641 Old 06-13-2014, 06:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
The speaker level adjustments in the receiver (including the sub level) can be set from -10 to +10dB, so when you see that YPAO used +10 it likely means it wants to go higher but can't (that's what I meant by "maxed out" at +10).

Try turning the knob to 75% on the sub and run YPAO again. When YPAO sets the sub level at least several dB away from the limits you know that the level should be OK. Closer to zero just means you'll have more room to make manual adjustments later if you want to.
Would you agree that having the sub volume on the + side in the AVR can mean that you will run into distortion earlier? Especially at the volumes he is listening at.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V775wa 7 2 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V575 7 1 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V675 7 2 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V475 5 1 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V375 5 1 Channel Av Receiver
Gear in this thread - V375 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page