Yamaha RX-V 75 Series owners thread - Page 47 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1381 of 1387 Old 06-30-2014, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How are you connecting your PC to the 675? Are you using cat5e thru a router and using network/server on the receiver? When I'm playing straight stereo signal (CD player, radio) I like using the 7.1 stereo mode on my 675. To me, the stereo signal sounds fuller that way. I use straight for anything that will pass 5.1 directly to the receiver (Amazon Fire TV, Blu-Ray and DVD).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 1387 Old 07-01-2014, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all,

I'm having a few probe with my rev-675 so any advice will help.

I have the yamaha wired with a cat6 Ethernet cable so I can use spotify connect.

The first problem is the lag issue when I send commands from my iphone 5 spotify app to the yamaha. There is usually always a 5-7 sec delay. I have read that this can be 1-2 seconds which would be fine.

I use a netgear wndr3700v2 modem router to broadcast my 5ghz wifi. Not sure how to reduce the lag perhaps it's a network issue. Does anyone here use the spotify connect feature?

The other issue I have is the yamaha keeps switching from the SCI-FI scene to the STRAIGHT scene about 3 -4 seconds after I power it on. Or perhaps it's switching fro the BD/DVD setting to Straight. Either way it's muting the audio until I switch it back. I switch it back by hitting the BD/DVD setting on the remote. It does this every time I power it on without fail. I am powering it on with a Logitech harmony one IR universal remote. I have set the scene to SCI-FI in the onscreen menu so I'm not sure how to correct this problem.
post #1383 of 1387 Old 07-01-2014, 07:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canozzie View Post
Hi all,

I'm having a few probe with my rev-675 so any advice will help.

The other issue I have is the yamaha keeps switching from the SCI-FI scene to the STRAIGHT scene about 3 -4 seconds after I power it on. Or perhaps it's switching fro the BD/DVD setting to Straight. Either way it's muting the audio until I switch it back. I switch it back by hitting the BD/DVD setting on the remote. It does this every time I power it on without fail. I am powering it on with a Logitech harmony one IR universal remote. I have set the scene to SCI-FI in the onscreen menu so I'm not sure how to correct this problem.
Turn off HDMI Control.
post #1384 of 1387 Old 07-03-2014, 01:45 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think I've asked this one before but didn't get an answer, so here's another shot at it.

Has anyone played music on 7ch Stereo mode (not Pure Direct), at around the -10.0dB mark, any noticed after sometime that the top lid/grill of the Yamaha RX-V675 gets hot? I'd say after 15/20 minutes at that Volume level. If someone could try, that'd be great.

I'd just like to get a second opinion, to know if it's normal or not.
post #1385 of 1387 Old 07-03-2014, 04:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiNZi View Post
I think I've asked this one before but didn't get an answer, so here's another shot at it.

Has anyone played music on 7ch Stereo mode (not Pure Direct), at around the -10.0dB mark, any noticed after sometime that the top lid/grill of the Yamaha RX-V675 gets hot? I'd say after 15/20 minutes at that Volume level. If someone could try, that'd be great.

I'd just like to get a second opinion, to know if it's normal or not.
It´s normal, don´t worry.
post #1386 of 1387 Old 07-08-2014, 07:05 AM

Liked: 28
Problem:

I don't use airplay on my 475.
While watching TV/Blu-ray/PS3/Netflix the sound stop and the reciever will switch to Airplay. Other people in the house use apple devices. Possible to disable "Airplay" fuction?

Yamaha RX V-475

Monitor Audio Bronze BX2   Speakers

Monitor Audio Bronze BX     Centre

Monitor Audio Bronze BRFX Rears

FAT PS3

Sans subwoofer

post #1387 of 1387 Old 07-08-2014, 07:13 AM

Are there any "Recommended settings" for getting things running optimally?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V775wa 7 2 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V575 7 1 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V675 7 2 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V475 5 1 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V375 5 1 Channel Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page