Yamaha RX-V 75 Series owners thread - Page 49 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1441 of 1448 Old 07-19-2014, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have 1.21 - which seems to be the latest version. This is all I can see . . . Very strange.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (65.3 KB, 11 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1448 Old 07-19-2014, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostrada View Post
Quick Q about the web interface. When I access my 475 it only shows a setup screen with rename/IP Address and FW update. Should there be more? I tried with and without setup in FF and MSIE. Thanks

Yamaha restricted the web control interface on the 475, and it doesn't respond to /setup.
But someone described a hack that gives you full access. Check this post.
nostrada likes this.
post #1443 of 1448 Old 07-19-2014, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
650 works great for me.
Yeah, the 1000 is the only Harmony Remote I ever had a a problem with. I use a Harmony 880 for my universal remote in my den. I used to use one of the 600 series remotes and it worked great for me as well till my toddler dropped it.
post #1444 of 1448 Old 07-19-2014, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
Yamaha restricted the web control interface on the 475, and it doesn't respond to /setup.
But someone described a hack that gives you full access. Check this post.
You rock! Thank you so much. Having said this, the web interface looks . . . . interesting? Oh well, it'll do. Thank you again!

http://userscripts-mirror.org/script...182663.user.js
post #1445 of 1448 Old 07-20-2014, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I bought the Harmony 650 (until the 1100 is shipped to me) so I could setup the RX-V675. This receiver is really nice! It found it easy to setup and the Harmony remote is able to access all the options.

I thought this receiver had built in wireless, but I don't think it does. If I want to access it on the network, I will need to connect it to my router.

Where do you recommend buying the FM/AM antenna?
post #1446 of 1448 Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlyp View Post
I bought the Harmony 650 (until the 1100 is shipped to me) so I could setup the RX-V675. This receiver is really nice! It found it easy to setup and the Harmony remote is able to access all the options.

I thought this receiver had built in wireless, but I don't think it does. If I want to access it on the network, I will need to connect it to my router.

Where do you recommend buying the FM/AM antenna?

If you look on Amazon.com you can buy a wireless or a Bluetooth adapter for the 675. They are kinda expensive though.
post #1447 of 1448 Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 101
The FM antenna is nothing more than a wire. You can make your own by cutting a 31" length of speaker wire and cutting off a few strands until the resulting twist is small enough to stuff into the center hole of the 75 ohm "F" pin connector on the back.

AM antennas can also be nothing more than just a straight wire inserted in the non-ground spring clip post on the back, and different lengths will yield slightly different results, but I don't have the optimal length memorized off the top of my head like I do for FM.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass any more than we get to pick the ending of a play. High fidelity is an unbiased, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original source's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..

post #1448 of 1448 Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostrada View Post
You rock! Thank you so much. Having said this, the web interface looks . . . . interesting? Oh well, it'll do. Thank you again!

http://userscripts-mirror.org/script...182663.user.js

You are welcome.

-- the author

My question:

Does anyone use a Tivo with their RX-Vx75, and successfully been able to program 30 second skip into the remote? I can work the tivo, but i dont know which button maps to the skip. Maybe i used the wrong code?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V775wa 7 2 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V575 7 1 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V675 7 2 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V475 5 1 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V375 5 1 Channel Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page