Yamaha RX-V 75 Series owners thread - Page 61 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #1801 of 1807 Unread 12-12-2014, 06:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 888
RGB component cables are for video only.
On Screen Menu will not work without an HDMI connection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 1807 Unread 12-12-2014, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;29650666
I am considering buying a RX-V775. Going through the manual, I noticed that there is a reference on Page 29 to "SURROUND BACK/BI-AMP/ZONE B" jacks. This is the only place I can find the Surround back / Bi-amp jacks tied to Zone B. I understand that Zone B outputs the same HDMI and audio as the main zone, but I would like to know if the "SURROUND BACK/BI-AMP/ZONE B" jacks are capable of proving the Front Left and Right Channels, or is audio only available through passive outputs or HDMI? If the audio is available through those jacks, is the volume independently controllable from the main zone? Can the Main Zone and Zone B audio be on simultaneously? One and not the other?

Thanks for your help.
Zone A and B can both output different sound inputs simultaneously. E.g. Zone A outputs 5.1 TV/Media-player audio and zone-B outputs 2.0 cd player/Spotify audio, with independent volume controls.
post #1803 of 1807 Unread 12-12-2014, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 291
On a Marantz unit I own, it can generate on screen displays through component, but only if there are no HDMI connections being actively used. If both HDMI and component video connections are used simultaneously the HDMI on screen displays work and the component connections have no graphics. I can't speak to how Yamaha does it though.

Also keep in mind that although some receivers will upconvert from component inputs to HDMI outputs, NONE go in the other direction and will convert HDMI ins down to component video outs. So when using component video outs the incoming source must have an active component video signal.

Last edited by m. zillch; 12-12-2014 at 02:33 PM.
post #1804 of 1807 Unread 12-14-2014, 05:35 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Having a strange issue...

Got the unit last week and hooked it up with my DISH Hopper plugged into HDMI 1. Hooked up the HDMI output to the HDMI 4 on my new Samsung 8550 4K TV. HDMI 4 on the TV is the ARC Port. When I watch movies on the TV the audio plays out via AV4 on the V675. It all works great... well it all worked great.

Last night I wanted to watch Guardians of the Galaxy in 3D, so first I tried hooking up a Playstation 4 to the HDMI 2 port on the v675. The Playstation would not show on the screen. Now would audio play from it. I hooked it up to the TV directly and it worked fine.

I wasn't happy with the PS4, so I went down stairs and got my Sony BDP-S507 Blu Ray player, hooked it up to the HDMI 2 on the v675 and the video flashed on and off on the TV. I hooked it up directly to the TV and it works fine. I tried it on all the other HDMI inputs on the v675 and same thing happened. Hooked it back up to the TV directly and it worked fine. Watched the movie (which had some of the best 3D I have seen in a movie!) and went to bed thinking that it was an issue with Sony and Samsung...

Got up today and tried figuring it out... hooked up both devices and no go... tried a number of different HDMI cables and still the problem remained. Again assumed it was a Sony / Samsung issue.

I then hooked up a DIRECTV HR 24 to HDMI 2 on the v675 and it was working good on DIY Network, however changed it to HBO and it started blinking again. Picture and sound would go black for a second then come back on for a few seconds, then off again. The display on the front of the v675 kept going from dolby digital then to straight then dolby digital (when pic was on) and kept on going on and off.

Plugged the DIRECTV receiver into the Samsung 8550 direct and no problem with it. Tried it back in the v675 and it was blinking on and off. Now I knew this wasn't a sony / samsung issue.

I went and got my Apple TV (Latest Generation model) and hooked it up to the v675. Was good for a few minutes then it started blinking too... I went and got a 50 inch plasma from my son's bedroom and plugged the v675 into it, and again it showed the same problem.

Now my DISH Hopper was hooked to HDMI 1 and has been working fine since I got it. Tried the DISH Hopper on all the HDMI ports on the v675 and no problems with it. Used the HDMI cable the DISH hopper was using with the other devices.. and blinking...

Anyone have any ideas?

I am running the latest Firmware on it 1.60.

Thanks!

Scott
SatelliteGuys.US / MultiChannel News
post #1805 of 1807 Unread 12-14-2014, 07:37 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Well good news... after I worked on this all day... I posted this message then thought of something... which seems to have fixed it!

http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/...ck_u/5795/7138

I reset my rx-v675 to factory settings. Now all devices are working on all HDMI ports.

Scott
SatelliteGuys.US / MultiChannel News
post #1806 of 1807 Unread Yesterday, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I did the update to get Spotify for my RX-V675 and it works great except no album art is shown. Album art shows fine on Pandora, Airplay, and DLNA Server. Does it work for others or do I have something set incorrectly?

Thanks.
post #1807 of 1807 Unread Today, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 34
NET RADIO

Anyone know of a way to put a station in memory as a preset on the AVR.

As it is now...I have to go into vTuner in order to do that.

Samsung UN65HU8550FXZA
Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers
Harmony Ultimate remote
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
a/v receiver , component cables , hdmi , optical audio , Yamaha , Yamaha Rx V375 5 1 Channel Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V475 5 1 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V575 7 1 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V675 7 2 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V775wa 7 2 Channel Network Av Receiver
Gear in this thread - V375 by PriceGrabber.com