Yamaha RX-V 75 Series owners thread - Page 70 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #2071 of 2076 Unread Today, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 230
You could boost the levels for the surrounds by a few dB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 2076 Unread Today, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibze View Post

What I am asking is some guidance on how I can find thay sweet spot for me.

Under settings would I increase the distance of the speakers I'd like to hear more?

Again, I am totally not saying it's the units fault. I understand it's what I like to hear.

If you'd like more out of a particular speaker (or set of speakers) you manually increase their "level". Using only a 1 dB increase will be hardly noticeable, 2 dB will be a small increase, but not always apparent for all material, 3 dB (or more) will be more easily heard, at least when there is actual content coming from that speaker [but keep in mind, for most of the movies I watch at least, the surround speakers are nearly dead silent for almost two-thirds of the movie, but this varies by movie]

I suspect you might dig the surround mode called "5ch Stereo". Give it a go.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass any more than we get to pick the ending of a play. High fidelity is an unbiased, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original source's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..

post #2073 of 2076 Unread Today, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post

I suspect you might dig the surround mode called "5ch Stereo". Give it a go.
Rigggghhhhhtttt

TV Samsung UN65HU8550FXZA TS02, X-10 lighting, IR543 Powerhouse Command Ce
AVR Yamaha TSR-6750WA
BR Player Sony S6200
STB Dish 211K
SPEAKERS JM lab speakers
REMOTE CONTROL Harmony Ultimate remote
post #2074 of 2076 Unread Today, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 230
I find action and horror movies to use the surrounds more than typical comedies/dramas. There are exceptions with the latter, but the former usually doesn't waste the surrounds. Also, when music in movies plays in either group, it's often through all channels.

UN46EH6030 Calibration/Settings
Display: Samsung UN46EH6030 LED-LCD TV; Sound: Yamaha HTR-3066 AVR/AMP, Sony Core Bookshelves (Sony SS-CS5) and Center (Sony SS-CS8) as fronts, Yamaha NS-AP2600S Satellites as surrounds, Dayton Audio SUB-1200 (pending) to replace Yamaha YST-SW012 as subwoofer; Sources: PS4 (doubles as primary BD player), Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Motorola RNG150N (Cable Box)
post #2075 of 2076 Unread Today, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you! I'll give it a try and let you guys know
post #2076 of 2076 Unread Today, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post
Rigggghhhhhtttt
To the best of my knowledge, the mode "5ch Stereo" has the strongest content out of the rear speakers, of any other mode, which seems to be exactly what he's looking for:
Quote:
I personally enjoy hearing more surround then the average person does.
We've already established he realizes what he personally seeks is not synonymous with technical accuracy:
Quote:
I am 100% not saying it's the receivers fault or the speakers...Again, I am totally not saying it's the units fault. I understand it's what I like to hear.
Just because one surround mode may not be a particular person's cup of tea, doesn't mean it won't be a good bet for another person.

Had he asked for, instead, say "the surround mode with the largest, most reverberant room reproduction" I would have recommended "Church".

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass any more than we get to pick the ending of a play. High fidelity is an unbiased, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original source's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
a/v receiver , component cables , hdmi , optical audio , Yamaha , Yamaha Rx V375 5 1 Channel Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V475 5 1 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V575 7 1 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V675 7 2 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V775wa 7 2 Channel Network Av Receiver
Gear in this thread - V375 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page