Thoughts on next receiver Marantz SR7007, Yamaha 3020, Denon AVR 4520 or maybe Integra DTR-70.4? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-26-2013, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I gave up waiting when audio video receivers will start supporting video decoding, so decided to upgrade current Denon AVR 4800 to something supporting HDMI. Generally I am fine with separate digital inputs, but some devices as Raspberry Pi do not give an option of a separate audio digital out, so switching to HDMI supporting receivers make sense.
So I started looking for next receiver. I was spotted these four. Specifications look very similar. Obviously Integra is a clear winner however costs twice of Marantz. From other side I do not have room to enjoy 150W power of 9 channels, so 120W seems sufficient. My problem is only that my speakers are 4ohms, but hopefully Marantz can still manage it.
Yamaha is highly rated in most reviews however it is lacking of 192 FLAC support, and most of my music are vinyl rips in the format. Somehow new Denon downgraded in quality, my Denon 4800 has no quality problems it is solid rock, but new Denon made in China and Marantz as well since it is the same company. So from quality perspective Yamaha can be a winner.
I am interested to hear from owners of the receivers what kind of complains they have. It is good also to hear some feedback of sound quality, although I am pretty sure everyone can clear separate Integra from Marantz as sounding much stronger and clearer.

Proudly listen to 24/192 vinyl rips directly on my Nexus phone using Kamerton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-27-2013, 02:55 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
The 70.4 and 4520CI both use the most advanced version of Audyssey MultEQ XT32 while the 7007 uses the lower version MultEQ XT so both models would be a noticeable step up in audio quality over the 7007. The 4520CI is also designed to power 4-ohm speakers while the 7007 (on par with the 3313CI) is designed for 6-ohm+ speakers. Note also that the 4520CI is still mfr'd in Japan. You may also be better served posting in the respective Owner's threads for more responses.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 03-28-2013, 02:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie 
while the 7007 (on par with the 3313CI)
This is because the 3 HDMI output? : P
Me, for example, the sound quality in stereo, more like a Marants SR6007 than the Denon AVR 4520.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr7007 Home Theater Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page