The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 232 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 356Likes

post #6931 of 12450 Old 04-21-2014, 01:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post

Since you are going all out, Id get XT32 with sub eq. You may find one day you want a second ULS15, and Sub eq can do both. It did a great job with my dual VTF15's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

The bottom line is always going to be to first determine your max budget .... then if the X4000 is within that budget range and you want XT32 ... there's your answer. smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post

If you can afford the x4000 then go that route. IMO, xt32 is worth the extra moolah and has helped my system sound much more cohesive.

Nice choice on the Hsus. I have HB-1s and a vtf 3 and enjoy them very much👍
+1

I guess taking price into consideration while the 2014 models are around the corner is not a big issue. That settles it for me. I'm going for it.

Amazon here I come. Btw, I'm going to ship it internationally, so if any of you know if it's cheaper in the UK or other US online stores, would be really helpful.

Thanks gadgtfreek, jdsmoothie and ambesolman  for the prompt response. Damn, I love this place.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6932 of 12450 Old 04-21-2014, 01:31 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 179 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9739 Post(s)
Liked: 4521
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydaniel13 View Post

I just replaced my Emotiva XPA 200 with the Emotiva 5, I am using it for my Main Fronts and Center, the other 2 channels will be for my Zone 2 setup for other rooms. My question is that my X4000 shows my 9.2 setup with my fronts on the Pre-outs but my Center Channel does not but it appears to be working properly.

Also in my 9.2 setup I went with Fronts, Front Wides, Front Heights, and Surrounds but not Surround Backs. However I have only seen the AVR switch to Front Heights once and have not seen it switch to Front Heights since. Any ideas why they're not working?  

Thanks,
Robert  

Did you rerun Audyssey again after replacing the amp? Also ensure that AMP ASSIGN is set to 9.1 and that the Main Pre-Amp setting (p. 182 OM) is set to "Front". The speakers will then be selected based on the surround mode used ... DSX or DTS NEO:X.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #6933 of 12450 Old 04-21-2014, 05:35 AM

Liked: 11
No I haven't tried that yet but I as soon as possible.

Thanks.
post #6934 of 12450 Old 04-21-2014, 05:46 AM

jdsmoothie, I did rerun Audyssey last night and as my post already indicated on AMP ASSIGN my Main PreAmp is set to Front. But I haven't tried adjusting the surround modes, I will try that and get back to you.
Thanks.
post #6935 of 12450 Old 04-21-2014, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15

When does Denon typically release their new model year components? I won't be home until July, and I'm hoping the AVR-X2100W will be released by then. Think I'm out of luck here?

post #6936 of 12450 Old 04-21-2014, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am not able to view my pc media server on the screen in zone 2. I can view my cable box fine but as soon as I switch to Network on the remote all I get is a blank screen. The sound is fine just no picture. I have it hooked up PC - Router - Ethernet - X4000 - Zone2 HDMI - TV. My main zone works perfectly. Is this possible to do in zone 2 ?
post #6937 of 12450 Old 04-21-2014, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 3270 Post(s)
Liked: 3130
Quote:
Originally Posted by William K View Post

I am not able to view my pc media server on the screen in zone 2. I can view my cable box fine but as soon as I switch to Network on the remote all I get is a blank screen. The sound is fine just no picture. I have it hooked up PC - Router - Ethernet - X4000 - Zone2 HDMI - TV. My main zone works perfectly. Is this possible to do in zone 2 ?

Internal GUI does not output to zone 2. The zone 2 HDMI output is a passthrough for HDMI inputs only.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #6938 of 12450 Old 04-21-2014, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstone-Z View Post

When does Denon typically release their new model year components? I won't be home until July, and I'm hoping the AVR-X2100W will be released by then. Think I'm out of luck here?

They release in spring. By June the lower level models should be out.
Silverstone-Z likes this.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #6939 of 12450 Old 04-21-2014, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydaniel13 View Post

I just replaced my Emotiva XPA 200 with the Emotiva 5, I am using it for my Main Fronts and Center, the other 2 channels will be for my Zone 2 setup for other rooms. My question is that my X4000 shows my 9.2 setup with my fronts on the Pre-outs but my Center Channel does not but it appears to be working properly.

The pre-amp setting is only for the FIRST TWO channels of external amplification when you go to a 9ch config. The receiver only has 7 amps built in, so if you use an external amp to go to 9 channels you need to tell the receiver which are the first two channels that will be externally amp'd, then it can switch the internal amp to the other 7 channels. The center channel doesn't require this setting, it and all the other pre-outs are always "hot".

Quote:
Also in my 9.2 setup I went with Fronts, Front Wides, Front Heights, and Surrounds but not Surround Backs. However I have only seen the AVR switch to Front Heights once and have not seen it switch to Front Heights since. Any ideas why they're not working?  

As others have pointed out the Front Heights don't play automatically, you have to engage a surround mode which processes content to them (PLIIz, DSX or Neo:X). If you aren't sure what's active it's helpful to push the INFO button on the remote which pops up an on-screen graphic displaying the incoming input signal channels, the surround mode, and what speakers are active:

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #6940 of 12450 Old 04-21-2014, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

this strategy will not work. The moment you manually enable the subwoofer it will shut off Audyssey for all speakers. If you try to turn on Audyssey features it will prompt you to "Run Audyssey". This would happen any time you made a speaker configuration to add a speaker that wasn't calibrated during auto setup. Audyssey essentially is saying, "whoops, you added a speaker, please re run the calibration so I can EQ it".

There is no separate full range RCA pre-out to feed a bass shaker, unless you resort to a workaround kludge like using Zone 2 pre-outs. The only way to incorporate them is your second suggestion -- run Audyssey without them attached, then y-split a sub out connection to feed the bass shaker amp with the SW Out signal after running XT32. You can't really have them on during calibration since they are tactile, Audyssey can't "hear" them, so you basically are forced to piggyback off an existing SW out signal.

You are also correct to point out that Audyssey doesn't "cut off" the signal below the sub's low freq point. The SW out is still full range, just the EQ filters taper off below the F3 point, so those STS "subwoofers" probably go down to the 30-35 Hz range and below that the signal will be un EQ'd.

This was well explained, thanks!
post #6941 of 12450 Old 04-21-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

Internal GUI does not output to zone 2. The zone 2 HDMI output is a passthrough for HDMI inputs only.
Thanks for the help BP with this response and all others smile.gif
post #6942 of 12450 Old 04-21-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfraser View Post

Has anyone with an X4000 been able to LOAD a configuration saved before the last firmware update? I have not. Configurations saved after the last FW update load fine. (I want to load the older configs because I'm "investigating" the possibility of other "anomalies" since then.)

Edit: wow, coincidence, FW questions. I also agree that traditionally FW updates were "for everybody", but I still never do them right away.

Lucky you. So far I can't even save a config file after the last firmware update.

post #6943 of 12450 Old 04-21-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardTS View Post

Lucky you. So far I can't even save a config file after the last firmware update.
I was able to save a file using Google Chrome. I couldn't save with Firefox and I haven't tried to reload the file yet.
post #6944 of 12450 Old 04-21-2014, 03:17 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardTS View Post

I hadn't completed a SAVE since before the last update. I too had difficulty using Chrome to SAVE a file so I did a soft reset (unplug for 10 minutes) and started the SAVE again which completed successfully. I then tried to LOAD the file which was unsuccessful and after confirming it was not an all-zero file, I set the IP CONTROL to "Off in Standby", turned OFF the AVR, powered it back on again, and the LOAD completed successfully this time. See if that works for you as well.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #6945 of 12450 Old 04-21-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

I hadn't completed a SAVE since before the last update. I too had difficulty using Chrome to SAVE a file so I did a soft reset (unplug for 10 minutes) and started the SAVE again which completed successfully. I then tried to LOAD the file which was unsuccessful and after confirming it was not an all-zero file, I set the IP CONTROL to "Off in Standby", turned OFF the AVR, powered it back on again, and the LOAD completed successfully this time. See if that works for you as well.

Interesting! I would never have thought that that IP Control setting would cause the process to fail. This is as obscure as having a 3808ci on mute means you can't open the main receiver menu.

Perhaps if I switch off IP Control to "Off in Standby", turn it off and back on the save might work. I tried it on but the receiver would never turn off and say "SAVING" followed by the web page timing out and telling me to try again. I'll pass on what happens.

post #6946 of 12450 Old 04-21-2014, 04:44 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Not that obscure as I do mention it in each of the main owner's threads for the past few years, currently in post #4 of this thread as well as the SAVE/LOAD section in post #3.

------------

post #6947 of 12450 Old 04-21-2014, 05:08 PM

Success on the SAVE/LOAD procedure. I have successfully done both operations using Internet Explorer running in compatibility mode. Followed these steps below:

To Save the configuration:

1. Open Setup
2. Network -> IP Control setting = "Off in Standby"
3. Turn AVR off and then back on WITH THE REMOTE CONTROL
4. Choose Save

To Reload Configuration

1. Open Setup
2. Network -> IP Control swetting = "Off in Standby"
3. Turn AVR off and then back on WITH THE REMOTE CONTROL
4. Choose Load

Reset your IP Control back to the setting you use. Turn off and back on.

It is obscure if you haven't spent much time on AVS. but thanks for your help. And nowhere in the owners manual does it say to turn IP Control off. And it does it say in the manual that mute turns off the main menu for a 3808. So, in that regard it is obscure.

post #6948 of 12450 Old 04-21-2014, 08:05 PM

Thanks Bathing, I saw the setting but was unsure on how to change the selection until now. I set it to NeoX: Cinema (Heights/Wides). Not that in matters since most content does not support this configuration.
post #6949 of 12450 Old 04-22-2014, 05:00 PM

I'm a new owner of a x4000 and I am really enjoying the sound. But I have an strange problem. I have my DirecTV DVR hook into the receiver via HDMI port. On 3 different occasions, I have turned on my TV to find my DirecTV DVR had the power cut off, so when I turn it on, it is doing a hard reset (searching for signal). Which means it was powered off for a time. One time it failed to record the shows, because it was completely off. Obviously, I can't continue to rely on it for recording shows if it continues to shut off. This has only happened since I hooked up the new Denon. Any suggestions? Since it is so random, I don't even know were to start trouble shooting. Out side of this problem, the receiver has been great. Any help would be appreciated.
post #6950 of 12450 Old 04-22-2014, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 1886
I have a Genie and have no issues. Almost sounds like the hard drive or power supply is failing. It should always be on technically, even if the lights are off. How long have you had it and what is it plugged into for power?
WERA689 likes this.
post #6951 of 12450 Old 04-22-2014, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 48
FYI, although Amazon's and Best Buy's prices have risen, Crutchfield still has the $299.99 price for the Denon AVR-X1000.

TV: LG 60LA7400 (60", 1080p, 3D)
Receiver: Denon AVR-X1200W
Blu-ray player: Samsung BD-F5900
CD player: Sony CDP-CE500
Speakers: Yamaha NS-A100XT, Polk Audio Monitor CS2, Monoprice 10800, Yamaha YST-SW105

post #6952 of 12450 Old 04-22-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post

I have a Genie and have no issues. Almost sounds like the hard drive or power supply is failing. It should always be on technically, even if the lights are off. How long have you had it and what is it plugged into for power?

It happen twice with my old HD DVR, but I just upgraded to the Genie today, left for dinner and when I came back it did it again, so I don't think it has anything to do with the DirecTV equipment. Everything is plugged into a Monster Power Surge protector.
post #6953 of 12450 Old 04-22-2014, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Does it happen when the Denon comes on? I just wonder if there is some kinda of problem with the surge protector that caused the DVR to reboot when the Denon fires up.
post #6954 of 12450 Old 04-22-2014, 05:25 PM

It does not happen every time. It has been 3 times in the last 2 weeks. So, most of the time, everything just turns on normally. I could try plugging one of the components directly into the wall, but which one, the Genie or the Denon? I want both of them to have the surge protection.
post #6955 of 12450 Old 04-22-2014, 05:42 PM
585-645-1006

^^
As the issue is likely the result of loss of power and power is provided forward of the AVR, not likely an AVR issue. Take the surge protector out of the loop to test.
WERA689 likes this.

------------

post #6956 of 12450 Old 04-22-2014, 05:47 PM

Thank you for the responses. I will plug the Genie directly into the wall and see if that solves the problem.
post #6957 of 12450 Old 04-22-2014, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Thats the first thing I would do to troubleshoot. DVR's can be sensitive, and I know when my 3313ci would click on my overhead light would dim for a second. I usually run my DVR off a UPS so it gets constant juice for the hard drive.
post #6958 of 12450 Old 04-22-2014, 06:42 PM

Apparently the E400 is discontinued, hence the recent price cuts per Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-E400-Channel-Networking-Receiver/dp/B00B7X2OTY
post #6959 of 12450 Old 04-22-2014, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked: 676
Hey guys, I just received 2new SVS subs PC12-Plus set up all run Audysey and sound all good but I have a feeling like voice sound is not loud as i want it. Is there any way how to increase it on Denon X4000?
Audysey result it 80Hz for towers and 40 Hz for center. Volume speakers is -9db towers and -10db center.
Thanks

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's, RS-52II's (soon for sale (maybe) :-)
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Emotiva XPA-200 , Oppo 103D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #6960 of 12450 Old 04-22-2014, 07:04 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Sure. Ensure your center speaker is angled up towards your seated head height if sitting on a lower level shelf and if using Dyn EQ, set the Reference Level Offset for that source to 10db. And lastly, you can simply manually boost the "Dialog Level" setting a few db.
retro124 likes this.

------------

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page