The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 238 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #7111 of 8391 Old 04-28-2014, 04:58 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post

No warranty if purchased from Amazon?

The Warehouse no ... brand new, yes. smile.gif

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7112 of 8391 Old 04-28-2014, 08:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

It was not an Amazon warehouse deal. smile.gif

Pioneer Elite SC-71 - Polk RT20P (w/ 4 8" subs) - Polk CS245i center - Polk Monitor 75T
Custom MartySub, 18" Dayton 460 7cuft' cabinet w/ Inuke3000dsp at 1400 watts over 200lb! For sale : (
Toshiba 55" LED - HTPC - Wii U - Sony BDP-S1100 - Monster HTS3500
post #7113 of 8391 Old 04-28-2014, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpjb View Post

Quick question. When I set up my new AVRX4000, it said my sub was too loud and had me adjust the control on the subwoofer until it read 75dB on the screen. But when Audessey was finished running, it set the sub level to -6.5. If 75dB is reference level and the mic read 75dB when I stopped adjusting the sub, why the big cut? All the speakers are set to small and the cutoff is 80hz.

The initial sub level check screen uses a different, cruder method for checking sub SPL. The actual Audyssey pings are more precise and also factor in any EQ adjustments required. That initial screen is just there to get you in the ballpark.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #7114 of 8391 Old 04-28-2014, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

The initial sub level check screen uses a different, cruder method for checking sub SPL. The actual Audyssey pings are more precise and also factor in any EQ adjustments required. That initial screen is just there to get you in the ballpark.

So do you recommend sticking with the Audyessy settings or boosting them as someone else suggested? It doesn't sound bad, but seems to have a little less bass than the avr791 I replaced with the 4000. The 791 was at the settings it's version of Audysessy came up with.
post #7115 of 8391 Old 04-29-2014, 12:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:

So do you recommend sticking with the Audyessy settings or boosting them as someone else suggested? It doesn't sound bad, but seems to have a little less bass than the avr791 I replaced with the 4000. The 791 was at the settings it's version of Audysessy came up with.

It is really just a matter of personal preference whether you boost it or not. It will not affect the filters at all (if you only change the level in the AVR and don't touch the gain on the sub).

I run mine 3 db hotter than what Audyssey put them at. Some run them 6db hot, some 12...
post #7116 of 8391 Old 04-29-2014, 05:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post

No warranty if purchased from Amazon?

Quote:

As JD has explained in his exhaustive early post in this thread, Amazon is an authorized reseller but "Amazon Warehouse Deals" is NOT; therefore D&M will not honor the product warranty if purchased from the latter (or from any other unauthorized third-party e-tailer selling on Amazon's website).

However, if you are still tempted to purchase an Amazon Warehouse Deals (AWD) listing, know that Amazon has an internal policy to provide coverage for any product you purchase from them (including AWD) for which the manufacturer refuses warranty coverage due to the source of purchase.  Obviously YMMV and you will have to jump through some wickets first, but this means that Amazon will generally reimburse you the purchase price if the product turns out to be defective within Denon's stated warranty period and you are denied coverage by D&M.  As JD has frequently pointed out, you also have the option of purchasing a third-party warranty and/or obtaining warranty service from your credit card issuer in some cases.

post #7117 of 8391 Old 04-29-2014, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

My X3000 shuts down intermittently and blinks red when connected to my Samsung UN55F6400 TV's ARC HDMI port.  

I have had my X3000 for about a month with no issues.  As soon as I introduced the TV I began having shutdown issues with my receiver.  It seems the problem occurs only (or mostly) when the HDMI cable is connected from the AVR's ARC/Monitor port to the TV's HDMI2 (ARC) port.  In this configuration, the shut downs happen quite often and regularly.  When I unplug it from the TV and reset it, it seems to work without issue.  

Has anyone experienced this?  

Things I've already tried that did not work:

I tried doing a soft reset.

I tried plugging the AVR into a different power outlet.  

Firmware on both the AVR and TV are the latest.

post #7118 of 8391 Old 04-29-2014, 08:10 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl187 View Post

My X3000 shuts down intermittently and blinks red when connected to my Samsung UN55F6400 TV's ARC HDMI port.  

I have had my X3000 for about a month with no issues.  As soon as I introduced the TV I began having shutdown issues with my receiver.  It seems the problem occurs only (or mostly) when the HDMI cable is connected from the AVR's ARC/Monitor port to the TV's HDMI2 (ARC) port.  In this configuration, the shut downs happen quite often and regularly.  When I unplug it from the TV and reset it, it seems to work without issue.  

I've got the same exact TV and an X2000 with no issues. There is a setting in the Denon to turn off HDMI control or something. I turned it off and have had no problems.
post #7119 of 8391 Old 04-29-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecuronium View Post

I've got the same exact TV and an X2000 with no issues. There is a setting in the Denon to turn off HDMI control or something. I turned it off and have had no problems.

Why did you have to turn HDMI control off?  

post #7120 of 8391 Old 04-29-2014, 09:29 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:

Quote:

Why did you have to turn HDMI control off?  

If you have the HDMI(ARC) featured enabled on both the TV (Anynet+) and AVR (HDMI Control), there appears to be some voltage issue with your TV that is causing the AVR to shut down. You can disengage Anynet+ or HDMI Control and instead use an optical cable from the TV to the AVR to pass the TV smart app audio back to the AVR.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #7121 of 8391 Old 04-29-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:

If you have the HDMI(ARC) featured enabled on both the TV (Anynet+) and AVR (HDMI Control), there appears to be some voltage issue with your TV that is causing the AVR to shut down. You can disengage Anynet+ or HDMI Control and instead use an optical cable from the TV to the AVR to pass the TV smart app audio back to the AVR.

Could this be due to a defect on the TV that is causing this voltage issue?  Wondering if I should return the TV.  I will try the optical cable once I acquire the cable.  

post #7122 of 8391 Old 04-29-2014, 01:28 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Can't say for sure, but most likely as it shouldn't be an issue otherwise, not to mention this issue has rarely been brought up.

post #7123 of 8391 Old 04-29-2014, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:

^^
Can't say for sure, but most likely as it shouldn't be an issue otherwise, not to mention this issue has rarely been brought up.

Been getting a busy signal on the phone all day from yall, whats the deal? Must be making tons of people happy with great prices biggrin.gif

Pioneer Elite SC-71 - Polk RT20P (w/ 4 8" subs) - Polk CS245i center - Polk Monitor 75T
Custom MartySub, 18" Dayton 460 7cuft' cabinet w/ Inuke3000dsp at 1400 watts over 200lb! For sale : (
Toshiba 55" LED - HTPC - Wii U - Sony BDP-S1100 - Monster HTS3500
post #7124 of 8391 Old 04-29-2014, 04:11 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Back on line again now but phone service went out for a few hours and now intermittent disconnects due to thunderstorm in area knocking out power smile.gif

post #7125 of 8391 Old 04-29-2014, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Torn between Denon X2000 and Yamaha RX-V775WA. My Pioneer 1021K just died. So in market for another. This time trying to go for a more reliable product. Denon offers 3 yr warranty so that is good. My primary use would be to watch Hi Def Movies. Has anyone done any comparisons of these series? I tried to search through the thread but could not find anything. Any suggestions beyond the obvious 2 HDMI Out, etc. would be appreciated especially in sound quality, reliability, etc.

Thanks,
post #7126 of 8391 Old 04-29-2014, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Just purchased a Denon AVR X4000i

I have a vintage Bang & Olufsen half tack open reel tape recorder with three 5-pin DIN jacks (stereo in/out - tape monitor & stereo microphone). All now adapted to RCA plugs.
Also an older <>1994 model Denon DRS-840 cassette player with the normal stereo RCA tape in/out jacks. How to best hook up these two to the X4000?

Regards,
Ivan
post #7127 of 8391 Old 04-29-2014, 06:52 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

You have to be careful with power specs, you can't just look at the listed wattage number but also the rest of the spec (impedance and distortion and bandwidth). The 120w number is probably a 6 ohm rating whereas the 80w is an 8 ohm rating so you are comparing apples to oranges.

So when the denon site says its 135w per channel, what does that actually mean? 8ohm performance?
post #7128 of 8391 Old 04-29-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVest View Post

Just purchased a Denon AVR X4000i

I have a vintage Bang & Olufsen half tack open reel tape recorder with three 5-pin DIN jacks (stereo in/out - tape monitor & stereo microphone). All now adapted to RCA plugs.
Also an older <>1994 model Denon DRS-840 cassette player with the normal stereo RCA tape in/out jacks. How to best hook up these two to the X4000?

Regards,
Ivan
I have a Sony reel to reel and 2 Harman Kardon cassette decks. Formerly hooked up to my Carver Receiver. I was pretty shocked when I realized that receivers now have no tape inputs or tape monitoring abilities. When I called Denon I was told to use the analog "media" outputs.
post #7129 of 8391 Old 04-29-2014, 07:40 PM

Liked: 15
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not, but here goes.

I made the jump to dual subwoofers (two jbl 8400p) hooked into a denon x4000.

When I run the audyssey calibration it asks me to level match each sub to 75db. Once calibration is complete, the trim levels are coming back at -10 and -9.5 for the subs which seems too far negative to me. Both subs are on the front wall 1/3 of the way in.

The bass is present, and clean sounding, sound stage is centered with the bass, but I guess I was expecting more "punch"

Is this just my ears needing to get used to proper reference bass levels or is there something I should be doing differently? I don't have an SPL so gain matching isn't going to happen.

Am I focusing too much on the negative trim setting result? I was under the impression that I should be aiming for +/- 3 for the trim, but I won't be able to get that if I follow the 75db level match because it is going to tell me to turn up the subs. The odd thing is that when I had only the one sub it would calibrate itself to -3.5.

Is there anything "wrong" with having the trim that low? I know I can tweak it to my liking but I don't want to go too far outside of the calibration settings and throw off the rest of the setup.
post #7130 of 8391 Old 04-29-2014, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Literally the exact same question was discussed less than 24 hrs ago. See quote and read above for more.

The only thing "wrong" with an extremely negative trim setting is if the voltage is too low to trigger the auto on circuit consistently. If you want it brassier just raise it to taste.

Quote:

Quote:

Quick question. When I set up my new AVRX4000, it said my sub was too loud and had me adjust the control on the subwoofer until it read 75dB on the screen. But when Audessey was finished running, it set the sub level to -6.5. If 75dB is reference level and the mic read 75dB when I stopped adjusting the sub, why the big cut? All the speakers are set to small and the cutoff is 80hz.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #7131 of 8391 Old 04-30-2014, 04:42 AM

Liked: 15
Doh.. I can't read! Thanks batpig.
post #7132 of 8391 Old 04-30-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:

^^

I tightened all my speaker connections and made sure there were no loose strands (none that I could see).  Then I hooked up the optical audio cable and turned off the ARC/CEC/HDMI Control.  No shut downs.  I then re-enabled ARC/CEC/HDMI and again, no shut downs all night.  

Not sure what fixed it but it seems OK now.  I have a few weeks to return the TV so I will wait and see if the issue comes back.  

Thanks.

post #7133 of 8391 Old 04-30-2014, 07:19 AM

hi, i own an AVR-X1000 and the quality in network mode in order to stream flickr photos is only at 576i instead of 1080i which my tv supports....is any setting that i can't find or the netword mode of the amp supports up to 576i?

post #7134 of 8391 Old 04-30-2014, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Can I play music to x2000 via airplay without turning on the receiver or selecting an input? Just want to know if this can truly be a handsfree experience
post #7135 of 8391 Old 04-30-2014, 10:00 AM
585-645-1006

^^
The AVR can be in Standby and set to ON using an Airplay device (eg. iPhone, iPad), however, if you plan on using the AVR's speakers, the AVR must be ON.

post #7136 of 8391 Old 04-30-2014, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

you still have to use your hands though at some point wink.gif
RayWK likes this.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #7137 of 8391 Old 04-30-2014, 10:25 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgeorge4 View Post

hi, i own an AVR-X1000 and the quality in network mode in order to stream flickr photos is only at 576i instead of 1080i which my tv supports....is any setting that i can't find or the netword mode of the amp supports up to 576i?

AFAIK, no as there is no video chip installed in the X1000, whereas on models with a video chip, (eg. E400, X2000, X3000, X4000) the video could be upscaled to the TV's resolution.

post #7138 of 8391 Old 04-30-2014, 10:30 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfedorczyk View Post

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not, but here goes.

I made the jump to dual subwoofers (two jbl 8400p) hooked into a denon x4000.

When I run the audyssey calibration it asks me to level match each sub to 75db. Once calibration is complete, the trim levels are coming back at -10 and -9.5 for the subs which seems too far negative to me. Both subs are on the front wall 1/3 of the way in.

The bass is present, and clean sounding, sound stage is centered with the bass, but I guess I was expecting more "punch"

Is this just my ears needing to get used to proper reference bass levels or is there something I should be doing differently? I don't have an SPL so gain matching isn't going to happen.

Am I focusing too much on the negative trim setting result? I was under the impression that I should be aiming for +/- 3 for the trim, but I won't be able to get that if I follow the 75db level match because it is going to tell me to turn up the subs. The odd thing is that when I had only the one sub it would calibrate itself to -3.5.

Is there anything "wrong" with having the trim that low? I know I can tweak it to my liking but I don't want to go too far outside of the calibration settings and throw off the rest of the setup.

Adding the second sub is generally going to increase the overall sub level by +6db which must then be countered in the AVR. As batpig notes, simply bump the subwoofer level for each sub 3-5db (or whatever is required to suit your preference). Keep in mind this is your system .. if you want more bass ... then so be it ..........BOOM ... BOOM ... BOOM. smile.gif

post #7139 of 8391 Old 04-30-2014, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Received my X2000 from World Wide Stereo/Amazon yesterday. Very excited, but I won't have a chance to use it right off. Got to start grabbing speakers (I'm chipping away at everything over the course of a few months or so.) Going to be a huge upgrade over the HTiB I'm currently using.

Just was wondering - do you guys recommend Squaretrade warranties on these things? I know the X series carries a 3 year warranty, but that I'd be responsible for any shipping charges to Denon, whereas that's all free with Squaretrade. I can get a 3 year plan for around ~$32 or so right now, but wanted to get some solid advice before pulling the trigger.
post #7140 of 8391 Old 04-30-2014, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I am thinking of purchasing the AVR-X2000 receiver and the Spotify streaming directly from the receiver is a big draw for me. My girlfriend has airplay and use that for her music, and I have android and mainly listen to Spotify. I have been trying to browse the thread for info on the Spotify app, and what I am seeing is kind of discouraging. How is the spotify app on the receiver and how is control from an android phone? Thanks

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2309ci Receiver , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Denon , Denon Electronics , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Denon Avr E200 , Denon Avr E300 , Denon Avr E400 , Denon Avr X2000 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X3000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X1000 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page