The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 253 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7561 of 8359 Old 05-24-2014, 09:13 AM
Member
 
dougdude9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Depends on the configuration and audio source used.

Option 1: With the PJ connected to one of the main zone monitor outputs, you can use the Video Select setting (Option - Video Select) when a USB, Tuner, CD (analog input), Network, or Phono source is playing and then select any HDMI video source.

Option 2: With the PJ connected to the Zone 2 HDMI monitor output passing an HDMI source, you can select any other audio source (HDMI, digital, analog) in the main zone.

So if I want to play the audio from my HTPC that is connected via HDMI, I would have to use Option 2? Actually, I was probably going to play spotify from the HTPC, so I guess I could just use the built in Spotify (assuming it works well enough) and go with option 1.

Thanks,
Doug D.
dougdude9 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7562 of 8359 Old 05-24-2014, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ambesolman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,047
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 324
I was thinking about downloading this album but even after reading all their lit to help me figure out which I can play, I'm still mystifiedūüėē

http://hub.audiogon.com/blog/2014/04/04/agon-sampler-re-released/

I have an x4000, BR player, airplay. Any ideas?
ambesolman is offline  
post #7563 of 8359 Old 05-24-2014, 03:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
ferl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post

I was thinking about downloading this album but even after reading all their lit to help me figure out which I can play, I'm still mystifiedūüėē

http://hub.audiogon.com/blog/2014/04/04/agon-sampler-re-released/

I have an x4000, BR player, airplay. Any ideas?

I don't recall all of the formats the Denon receiver supports, but I know it supports flac. I think it supports apple lossless "aiff", but I'm not impressed with anything apple.

ferl is offline  
post #7564 of 8359 Old 05-24-2014, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ambesolman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,047
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferl View Post

I don't recall all of the formats the Denon receiver supports, but I know it supports flac. I think it supports apple lossless "aiff", but I'm not impressed with anything apple.

Thanks, I'll probably convert to flac but don't know which RESOLUTION to download. I know the x4000 has 24bit DACs, but had heard that airplay and audyssey downrez's to 44.1/16 but not positive. Anyone?
ambesolman is offline  
post #7565 of 8359 Old 05-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Senior Member
 
James Parsons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Washington, DC metropolitan area
Posts: 214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferl View Post

I don't recall all of the formats the Denon receiver supports, but I know it supports flac. I think it supports apple lossless "aiff", but I'm not impressed with anything apple.

AIFF and Apple Lossless (ALAC) are different music formats. AIFF is uncompressed, much like WAV. ALAC is newer and has lossless compression, much like FLAC.

The 2013 Denon receivers support MP3, WMA, AAC, ALAC, and FLAC. iTunes can convert AIFF files to ALAC. iTunes doesn't support FLAC. If you want to convert AIFF files to FLAC, you can do it with FLAC Frontend.
ambesolman likes this.
James Parsons is offline  
post #7566 of 8359 Old 05-25-2014, 03:55 AM
Senior Member
 
nirvy111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I'm not sure if it's been discussed before but are all the HDMI inputs on receivers identical, even though they are labelled differently, hdmi1-bluray, hdmi2-dvd, hdmi3-mediaplayer for example?. I'm using the Denon x4000 and the reason I ask is that unless I'm imagining things which wouldn't be the first time it seems the sound on the hdmi bluray port is brighter for lack of better word then the hdmi mediaplayer port even though the receiver settings appear to be the same across. For movies the sound is fine but with pcm stereo music using the bluray port, it's ear shredding bright, I mean it gives me an ear ache after 10 minutes but with the mediaplayer port it sounds o.k. I never thought there was any difference between ports, the labelling was just there for convenience but I'm not so sure now.

[update: I did some further testing just now and couldn't hear any difference between the bluray hdmi and mediaplayer hdmi ports, they both sounded overly bright and fatiguing when playing stereo music so I'm not sure what was different about the other night. Maybe this receiver benefits a lot from a few hours warm up. That's about the only thing I can think of.]
nirvy111 is offline  
post #7567 of 8359 Old 05-25-2014, 03:57 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 43,083
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
^^
Technically yes, although in some instances it has been noted that a device will work on one input and not another.

---------------------------------
"JD"¬†‚Äď jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com¬†; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years ¬†
Mon - Fri: 8am¬†‚Äď 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #7568 of 8359 Old 05-25-2014, 04:32 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 43,083
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
Quote:
As a reminder there is a Troubleshooting section provided in post #3 of this thread.

---------------------------------
"JD"¬†‚Äď jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com¬†; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years ¬†
Mon - Fri: 8am¬†‚Äď 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #7569 of 8359 Old 05-25-2014, 06:30 PM
Newbie
 
Bdog1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased the x2000 a few weeks ago and have been loving it. I ve recently starting having the hdmi video start to cut in and out and sometimes the signal drops altogether for a minute or so and then comes back in. The receiver sits on top of my entertainment center and has plenty of circulation. It feels warm to the touch after a few hours but nothing crazy. I put a fan by it when it is cutting in and out and it seems to stop it. My son said it happened the other day on the component input for his xbox360 as well. I vs read around and haven't seen much about heating issues or hdmi video issues. I am bummed because I chose the denon x2000 after my onkyo died from hdmi issues.

Did I get a defective unit?

I thought my issues might be hdmi cord related but it is happening on the component input and the fan seemed to make it better. But that could be a coincidence.

Is there a way to check the internal temp like with the onkyo models?

I ordered from Amazon and the page said the unit was discontinued. So they might not have one to exchange.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Brian.
Bdog1979 is offline  
post #7570 of 8359 Old 05-25-2014, 08:14 PM
Member
 
FriscoDTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog1979 View Post

I just purchased the x2000 a few weeks ago and have been loving it. I ve recently starting having the hdmi video start to cut in and out and sometimes the signal drops altogether for a minute or so and then comes back in. The receiver sits on top of my entertainment center and has plenty of circulation. It feels warm to the touch after a few hours but nothing crazy. I put a fan by it when it is cutting in and out and it seems to stop it. My son said it happened the other day on the component input for his xbox360 as well. I vs read around and haven't seen much about heating issues or hdmi video issues. I am bummed because I chose the denon x2000 after my onkyo died from hdmi issues.

Did I get a defective unit?

I thought my issues might be hdmi cord related but it is happening on the component input and the fan seemed to make it better. But that could be a coincidence.

Is there a way to check the internal temp like with the onkyo models?

I ordered from Amazon and the page said the unit was discontinued. So they might not have one to exchange.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Brian.

I have had some temporary sound dropouts that I reported a couple pages back, and I didn't see that anyone responded

TV 2013 Samsung 75" UN75F6300
AVR 2013 Denon AVR-X2000
7.1 1 Yamaha NSIW960 (C), 4 Yamaha NS-IC600WH + 4 Dayton ME820C (FL,FR, SL, SR), 2 DIY OS-MTM (BL, BR), Onkyo SKW-530 (HTIB Sub)
Calibration CALMAN5, REW, UMIK-1
In ProgressDIY Dual UXL-18 subs + iNuke6000DSP
FriscoDTM is online now  
post #7571 of 8359 Old 05-26-2014, 03:07 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 43,083
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog1979 View Post

I just purchased the x2000 a few weeks ago and have been loving it. I ve recently starting having the hdmi video start to cut in and out and sometimes the signal drops altogether for a minute or so and then comes back in. The receiver sits on top of my entertainment center and has plenty of circulation. It feels warm to the touch after a few hours but nothing crazy. I put a fan by it when it is cutting in and out and it seems to stop it. My son said it happened the other day on the component input for his xbox360 as well. I vs read around and haven't seen much about heating issues or hdmi video issues. I am bummed because I chose the denon x2000 after my onkyo died from hdmi issues.

Did I get a defective unit?

I thought my issues might be hdmi cord related but it is happening on the component input and the fan seemed to make it better. But that could be a coincidence.

Is there a way to check the internal temp like with the onkyo models?

I ordered from Amazon and the page said the unit was discontinued. So they might not have one to exchange.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Brian.

Try reseating all cables as well as doing a soft reset (ie. unplug the power cord for 10 minutes). If still no joy, reset the microprocessor (post #5 of this thread).

---------------------------------
"JD"¬†‚Äď jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com¬†; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years ¬†
Mon - Fri: 8am¬†‚Äď 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #7572 of 8359 Old 05-26-2014, 07:00 AM
Newbie
 
Bdog1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the replies. I have tried checking the hdmi and component plugs and even moved the devices to other inputs on the receiver when the problem is happening with no change. The problem doesn't always occur and it does seem that when it happens it's after the receiver has been used for awhile.

I will do the soft reset and see if it happens again. It may be a few days or a few hours. I'll keep you updated.

I will add that I use an ota antenna for local tv and have an optical audio plug for Dolby 5.1 sound for local tv. I haven't had any video cut out for the local tv.
Bdog1979 is offline  
post #7573 of 8359 Old 05-26-2014, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 23,850
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 953
Is your receiver well ventilated? It could also be heat related, since you mention it happens after being in use for a while. We have had anecdotal reports of people solving these problems by adding active cooling; HDMI is a finicky beast and heat seems to be one thing (of many) which can cause it to flake out.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is online now  
post #7574 of 8359 Old 05-26-2014, 07:25 AM
Member
 
Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have no dropouts on my x2000 so that doesn't sound normal. If it doesn't work return it. There are plenty of other vendors selling it if you want this model.
Fant is offline  
post #7575 of 8359 Old 05-26-2014, 10:47 AM
Newbie
 
Bdog1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Batpig, I have it on top of my entertainment center so ventilation is not a problem. It does get warm but nothing serious. When it was happening last time I set a box fan by it and it seemed to stop. But could be a coincidence idk. I know heat can be an issue but hadn't read any major common issues with the x2000 like with the onkyo. What cooling devices do you recommend. Looked at the CPU fans but need a conventional outlet plug.

Fant, I may just try a return (don't have original box though) and try another x2000 if I can't seem to isolate the cause and find a permanent solution.
Bdog1979 is offline  
post #7576 of 8359 Old 05-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Member
 
PepperOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austin
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog1979 View Post

Batpig, I have it on top of my entertainment center so ventilation is not a problem. It does get warm but nothing serious. When it was happening last time I set a box fan by it and it seemed to stop. But could be a coincidence idk. I know heat can be an issue but hadn't read any major common issues with the x2000 like with the onkyo. What cooling devices do you recommend. Looked at the CPU fans but need a conventional outlet plug.

Fant, I may just try a return (don't have original box though) and try another x2000 if I can't seem to isolate the cause and find a permanent solution.

Take a look at this cooling system:

http://www.amazon.com/Coolerguys-Blower-Component-Cooler-Control/dp/B004K3DM2G/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1401130885&sr=8-10&keywords=coolerguys
PepperOne is offline  
post #7577 of 8359 Old 05-26-2014, 01:53 PM
Newbie
 
reddline76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've owned the AVR-X2000 for over a month and currently having issues with my ATI Radeon HD 7950 powered HTPC. I know in the troubleshooting on the first page details the handshake issue but just wanted to confirm this is what I'm experiencing as well.

I have my TV connected via HDMI into the HDMI out on the receiver. I have my DirecTV box hooked up into the HDMI 1 Cbl/Sat, PS4 hooked into the HDMI 4 Game input and have tried using the HDMI 2 DVD and HDMI 3 Blu-Ray for the HTPC audio/video connection. The receiver is updated to the latest firmware as well as the HTPC video drivers and PS4.

My DirecTV has had no issues and once I had an issue with the PS4 getting a brief handshake issue where the image for a split second was covered in a bunch of multi colored pixels then the image re-appeared. Haven't had an issue since for the PS4.

The PC is set to 1920x1080 on a Samsung UN75F8000. When I first hooked up the PC to the HDMI 2 DVD input, I had no issues with booting up the system and logging into Windows 7 64 bit home premium edition. But when I started playing games the image would intermittently go to the multi colored pixels then back to the image. I fixed this by rebooting the computer. Some times this would occur upon initially booting up a game and playing while other times it would occur after lengthy play sessions. So no specific pattern. This had been happening for several days.

I then read in this thread that sometimes the inputs can be quirky so I switched the PC to HDMI 3 Blu-Ray and now when I boot up the PC the Bios message appears with the brief Windows starting up image but when its about to load to the desktop, the image goes black but the windows boot up chime can be heard. I tried rebooting the PC several times but am still experiencing the same problem. In some cases at the Bios screen the multi-colored pixels would appear every 2 seconds with the image horribly distorted.

To be able to isolate the problem, I bypassed the receiver and hooked the PC directly into the TV using the same HDMI cable that was going into the receiver. My HDMI cable is not 12' as I read that may remedy this issue and I do not have access to one currently.

Has anybody else experienced this problem? Is this a handshake issue being caused by EDID? Any possible easy solution?

I am currently doing a soft reset on the receiver and will report back in 10 minutes if that fixes it.
reddline76 is offline  
post #7578 of 8359 Old 05-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Newbie
 
Denydoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there,

I hope you can help a rather confused annoyed and exhausted newbie who is probably causing most of her own confusion but won't mind if you point it out.....

We bought a X2000 last year after my Marantz gave up the ghost and blew up!

So far despite my partner and I being what we thought as being pretty tech savvy, we are failing to work through the myriad of instructions, settings and manuals and have resorted to googling answers that are now getting us more confused...

We don't have a complicated set up. All we want is to be able to hear movies through our surround system in proper DD rather than stereo being pushed out through all the speakers.

We have a Samsung LED HD, Samsung Sky+ HD box and a PS3 for watching DVD's and Blurays.

We have HDMI from Sky and PS3 into X2000' then HDMI out to TV. We also have an optical from Sky into X2000.

Initially after some googling I got the Sky box to output 5.1 and it showed correctly on the X2000.

Playing DVDs and Blurays through PS3 has been problematic with lip synch issues and then video/sound breaking up. Today we tried to watch Frozen and it wouldn't work, the video wouldn't work. So, I adjusted some settings on the X2000 and finally got it to work with the sound coming out as Multi Channel only no 5.1 surround.

Then we started to watch a movie on Sky and now we've lost the 5.1 now there!

Checked the Sky box and we only have an optical option for digital audio but this used to work ok and give us 5.1 so why not working now? (Separate issue is that sky box should have hdmi digital out available and want to send me an engineer at £65 a pop despite me doing a full system reset)

So now I'm at a loss as to why the Sky optical out won't let me do 5.1 when it did previously before I switched the PS3 settings! It is showing Multi Channel, but surely this is only shoving out stereo to the speakers?

So, please help me before I sling something out of the window! I know it'll be an easy and obvious answer but I'm so stressed with it now I can't think straight...

A large vodka coming up....

Many thanks for reading....
Denydoodle is offline  
post #7579 of 8359 Old 05-26-2014, 02:27 PM
Member
 
obonillaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hello. I have a Denon X2000 and a Oppo 103D and would like to have them connected to this APC Power Conditioner (H10) which has a rated continous watts capacity of 1000watts. From what I have read, the power consumption of the X2000 is 500 watts and the power consumption of the Oppo 103D is 35 watts. Being that I would only connect this two items to the H10 and occasionally a CD player (that I expect should be at most another 35 or so watts...) would I be fine with said 1000 watts capacity of the Power Conditioner? http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=H10

Is the Denon X2000 real power consumption 500 watts? Thank you!
obonillaf is offline  
post #7580 of 8359 Old 05-26-2014, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mdavej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,473
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denydoodle View Post

Hi there,

I hope you can help a rather confused annoyed and exhausted newbie who is probably causing most of her own confusion but won't mind if you point it out.....

We bought a X2000 last year after my Marantz gave up the ghost and blew up!

So far despite my partner and I being what we thought as being pretty tech savvy, we are failing to work through the myriad of instructions, settings and manuals and have resorted to googling answers that are now getting us more confused...

We don't have a complicated set up. All we want is to be able to hear movies through our surround system in proper DD rather than stereo being pushed out through all the speakers.

We have a Samsung LED HD, Samsung Sky+ HD box and a PS3 for watching DVD's and Blurays.

We have HDMI from Sky and PS3 into X2000' then HDMI out to TV. We also have an optical from Sky into X2000.

Initially after some googling I got the Sky box to output 5.1 and it showed correctly on the X2000.

Playing DVDs and Blurays through PS3 has been problematic with lip synch issues and then video/sound breaking up. Today we tried to watch Frozen and it wouldn't work, the video wouldn't work. So, I adjusted some settings on the X2000 and finally got it to work with the sound coming out as Multi Channel only no 5.1 surround.

Then we started to watch a movie on Sky and now we've lost the 5.1 now there!

Checked the Sky box and we only have an optical option for digital audio but this used to work ok and give us 5.1 so why not working now? (Separate issue is that sky box should have hdmi digital out available and want to send me an engineer at £65 a pop despite me doing a full system reset)

So now I'm at a loss as to why the Sky optical out won't let me do 5.1 when it did previously before I switched the PS3 settings! It is showing Multi Channel, but surely this is only shoving out stereo to the speakers?

So, please help me before I sling something out of the window! I know it'll be an easy and obvious answer but I'm so stressed with it now I can't think straight...

A large vodka coming up....

Many thanks for reading....
The key is to set all your devices to bitstream (possibly auto). I have no idea where this setting is on your Sky box, but any downmix setting should be off. You should be able to find the proper PS3 settings in a PS3 forum. I haven't used a PS3 in years and can't remember. Breakups are probably cable related. I would replace that first. It doesn't sound like the receiver is really at fault.
mdavej is offline  
post #7581 of 8359 Old 05-26-2014, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JChin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mesquite Tx
Posts: 8,440
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denydoodle View Post

Then we started to watch a movie on Sky and now we've lost the 5.1 now there!

Checked the Sky box and we only have an optical option for digital audio but this used to work ok and give us 5.1 so why not working now? (Separate issue is that sky box should have hdmi digital out available and want to send me an engineer at £65 a pop despite me doing a full system reset)

So now I'm at a loss as to why the Sky optical out won't let me do 5.1 when it did previously before I switched the PS3 settings! It is showing Multi Channel, but surely this is only shoving out stereo to the speakers?...

Hi Denydoodle, try press and holding down the Movie button on the remote to pop up the different surround options.

On the PS3, is it one of the older "Fat" or "Slim" versions? For "Fat" PS3 set audio as LPCM and receiver will display MULTI CH IN. And for the "Slim" PS3 set audio as Bitstream.
JChin is offline  
post #7582 of 8359 Old 05-26-2014, 03:19 PM
Newbie
 
Denydoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks, Its the old fat one! I know its down to getting the settings right not the receiver itself, and I do recall setting something as bitstream so will try again.

Confuzzed why the blasted sky box has had a hissy fit just because I fiddled with the PS3 Settings!

Will try in the morning as other half fed up with my rantings!

Will report back smile.gif
Denydoodle is offline  
post #7583 of 8359 Old 05-26-2014, 06:35 PM
Member
 
jonathan_little's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by obonillaf View Post

Is the Denon X2000 real power consumption 500 watts? Thank you!

A Denon X2000 at volume -35db playing in stereo from a CD in my Oppo BDP-93 is drawing about 80 watts total* according to my UPS. I only have two speakers at the moment so I can't say how that grows with more speakers being powered. It seems unlikely it would hit 500 watts?

*With everything in my system "off," except an HTPC, the UPS shows a load of 108 watts. With the HTPC, Oppo, and X2000 on it shows 189 watts.)
jonathan_little is offline  
post #7584 of 8359 Old 05-26-2014, 06:54 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 43,083
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by obonillaf View Post

Hello. I have a Denon X2000 and a Oppo 103D and would like to have them connected to this APC Power Conditioner (H10) which has a rated continous watts capacity of 1000watts. From what I have read, the power consumption of the X2000 is 500 watts and the power consumption of the Oppo 103D is 35 watts. Being that I would only connect this two items to the H10 and occasionally a CD player (that I expect should be at most another 35 or so watts...) would I be fine with said 1000 watts capacity of the Power Conditioner? http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=H10

Is the Denon X2000 real power consumption 500 watts? Thank you!

The power consumption of the X2000 shouldn't be more than 100W driving 5 speakers at loud reference level volume.

---------------------------------
"JD"¬†‚Äď jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com¬†; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years ¬†
Mon - Fri: 8am¬†‚Äď 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #7585 of 8359 Old 05-26-2014, 10:30 PM
Newbie
 
reddline76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddline76 View Post

I've owned the AVR-X2000 for over a month and currently having issues with my ATI Radeon HD 7950 powered HTPC. I know in the troubleshooting on the first page details the handshake issue but just wanted to confirm this is what I'm experiencing as well.

I have my TV connected via HDMI into the HDMI out on the receiver. I have my DirecTV box hooked up into the HDMI 1 Cbl/Sat, PS4 hooked into the HDMI 4 Game input and have tried using the HDMI 2 DVD and HDMI 3 Blu-Ray for the HTPC audio/video connection. The receiver is updated to the latest firmware as well as the HTPC video drivers and PS4.

My DirecTV has had no issues and once I had an issue with the PS4 getting a brief handshake issue where the image for a split second was covered in a bunch of multi colored pixels then the image re-appeared. Haven't had an issue since for the PS4.

The PC is set to 1920x1080 on a Samsung UN75F8000. When I first hooked up the PC to the HDMI 2 DVD input, I had no issues with booting up the system and logging into Windows 7 64 bit home premium edition. But when I started playing games the image would intermittently go to the multi colored pixels then back to the image. I fixed this by rebooting the computer. Some times this would occur upon initially booting up a game and playing while other times it would occur after lengthy play sessions. So no specific pattern. This had been happening for several days.

I then read in this thread that sometimes the inputs can be quirky so I switched the PC to HDMI 3 Blu-Ray and now when I boot up the PC the Bios message appears with the brief Windows starting up image but when its about to load to the desktop, the image goes black but the windows boot up chime can be heard. I tried rebooting the PC several times but am still experiencing the same problem. In some cases at the Bios screen the multi-colored pixels would appear every 2 seconds with the image horribly distorted.

To be able to isolate the problem, I bypassed the receiver and hooked the PC directly into the TV using the same HDMI cable that was going into the receiver. My HDMI cable is not 12' as I read that may remedy this issue and I do not have access to one currently.

Has anybody else experienced this problem? Is this a handshake issue being caused by EDID? Any possible easy solution?

I am currently doing a soft reset on the receiver and will report back in 10 minutes if that fixes it.

The soft reset didn't work.
reddline76 is offline  
post #7586 of 8359 Old 05-27-2014, 02:17 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 43,083
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
^^
Try replacing the HDMI cable.

---------------------------------
"JD"¬†‚Äď jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com¬†; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years ¬†
Mon - Fri: 8am¬†‚Äď 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #7587 of 8359 Old 05-27-2014, 02:26 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 43,083
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
@Denydoodle -

Also set the PS3 "Deep Color Output" setting to OFF which should help with the video handshaking issues. For the audio issue, as JChin pointed out, you'll want to leave the PS3 set to LPCM as it cannot bitstream the HD audio on Blu Ray discs, however, note that the PCM audio decoded by the PS3 (ie. "MULT CH IN" on the X2000 display) is the same quality.

Cable boxes have a way of resetting themselves so ensure it is still set for Dolby Digital vice PCM.

---------------------------------
"JD"¬†‚Äď jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com¬†; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years ¬†
Mon - Fri: 8am¬†‚Äď 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #7588 of 8359 Old 05-27-2014, 10:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
jmpage2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,053
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Hey guys, can anyone tell me what model # or identifier there is for figuring out which model calibration mic comes with the X4000? I have two XT32 calibration microphones and one goes with an AVR that I am selling. Unfortunately I can't differentiate them at all.
jmpage2 is offline  
post #7589 of 8359 Old 05-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 769
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post

Hey guys, can anyone tell me what model # or identifier there is for figuring out which model calibration mic comes with the X4000? I have two XT32 calibration microphones and one goes with an AVR that I am selling. Unfortunately I can't differentiate them at all.

I do have X4000 and mic is ACM1HB


Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
retro124 is online now  
post #7590 of 8359 Old 05-27-2014, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Chuck_IV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,027
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
So I'm having an on/off issue with my X2000. I went and saved my configuration and noticed after doing that, I could not put the receiver in "Standby" with the power light going red. When I would try to put the receiver in standby, it would just say "Main Zone Off", dim the display but the power icon would stay green and the display would just be dimmed, not off.

After unplugging it for several minutes I was able to get to to go back to normal. So I reset the microprocessor 4 times and then loaded my configuration back. However, now that I have done this, it AGAIN has touble going into standby. When powering off, the power light remains greaan and it just as "Main Zone off" and it dims but doesn't turn off the display.

I have tried unplugging it and waiting several muntes but it comes back doing the same thing. I have in unplgged again and am going to wait about 30 minutes this time but is there a setting somewhere that is causing this or is there something else I can do to get this thing to actually turn off?

Thanks.
Chuck_IV is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2309ci Receiver , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Denon , Denon Electronics , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Denon Avr E200 , Denon Avr E300 , Denon Avr E400 , Denon Avr X2000 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X3000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X1000 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page


    Forum Jump: 

    Posting Rules  
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off