The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 261 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #7801 of 9187 Old 06-07-2014, 04:23 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Liked: 1606
^^
Thanks for reporting back. What splitter are you using?

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7802 of 9187 Old 06-07-2014, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Bought my AVR-X4000 a few months ago. It plays every thing flawlessly and I love it much.
Today I start streaming music from my Synology Nas. In fact, I only can play the first song of the album and then it's hung when it moves to the second song. Doesn't matter how hard I tried, it's just stuck right there until I had to unplug the power cord.
Tried again with another album and I got the same problem.
BTW, I can play music from my USB stick very well.
Thank you for your prompt replies. Much appreciate it.
post #7803 of 9187 Old 06-07-2014, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Does the x4000 pass through a 4k signal or does it always try to process it? I have an Oppo 103d, and I don't want any processing of its signal.
post #7804 of 9187 Old 06-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

^^
Thanks for reporting back. What splitter are you using?

Looks like EU only, only found it in Germany on Amazon, though they have a 4x in and 1 out splitter on Amazon UK. DeleyCON is the name.

Deleycon 1x2 splitter
post #7805 of 9187 Old 06-07-2014, 10:31 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuentinH View Post

Does the x4000 pass through a 4k signal or does it always try to process it? I have an Oppo 103d, and I don't want any processing of its signal.

As is the case with any D&M model with video processing, you can set it to OFF if pass through only is desired.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
post #7806 of 9187 Old 06-07-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elpee View Post

Bought my AVR-X4000 a few months ago. It plays every thing flawlessly and I love it much.
Today I start streaming music from my Synology Nas. In fact, I only can play the first song of the album and then it's hung when it moves to the second song. Doesn't matter how hard I tried, it's just stuck right there until I had to unplug the power cord.

Can Denon X4000 play music directly from Synology Nas via home network?
Thank you.
post #7807 of 9187 Old 06-08-2014, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 916 Post(s)
Liked: 1438
Sure. It supports DLNA so it is capable of streaming from any DLNA compatible media server. The key is to get the server configured properly to "serve" the media so the receiver can see it. The receiver can't just find media content in the local network without it being served.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #7808 of 9187 Old 06-08-2014, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elpee View Post

Hi,

got the same problem with my Marantz SR5007 AVR (see my post here http://www.avsforum.com/t/1409431/the-official-denon-avr-xx13-model-owners-thread-faq/10440#post_24612435).

Only workaround I found is to soft reset the unit once a week.:rolleyes:

Should you find the solution, please email it to me.

Thank you.

post #7809 of 9187 Old 06-08-2014, 11:01 AM

I am doing a upgrade to this receiver this week (Denon AVRX 4000). Previously I had a Denon AVR3808CI. I am having it professionally installed and they are going to program one of those fancy remotes for everything. (I have a Oppo BDP-103) and they are installing a new JVC 3-D 4k projector.

My question is I have many BluRays with Master Audio from Olive, and some from Warners. They seem to put the mono soundtrack on only the CENTER speaker output. I prefer hearing the mono sound in the right and left speakers as they are a bit better and add weight and fullness to the sound, rather than coming solely from the smaller Center speaker. And since they are programming the remote, I want to try to think of all possible quirks I may have.

My previous DENON I could never find a setting or button to take that center track to have it play out of the left-right speakers. The only work around I found was to take a splitter and plug in the RCA jack to the ANALOG OUT (Center) for the OPPO. The other end of the cord was two RCA connectors and I then plugged them into the receivers right and left analog inputs. I had the remote programmer then add (on the blu ray setting) an audio option of HMDI, ANALOG, etc. from the DENON and I would switch it to Analog out which provided the 2 channel mono sound I wanted.

I should add with my old Denon, hitting the stereo button would produce no sound as I think it switched to the left and right tracks that are not used.

Is there an easier workaround to this in the new x4000?

Thanks. I am a nerd in electronics and just know what I prefer.
Many thanks...
John
post #7810 of 9187 Old 06-08-2014, 11:55 AM

Liked: 12

Just stumbled across a frustrating bug where my X1000 plays all network sources really quietly. Sounds like a number of other users have had similar issues in the following thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1451338/denon-avr-1913-low-volume-when-streaming/30

Anyone else have this issue? Any known fixes? Tried following the advice in the thread above but can't seem to get normal volume back... :(

Edit: Another question, how do I save the config using the web gui? I've gotten to the web interface and don't see any options to save config files. I've searched this forum and the owners manual and still can't find an answer, am hoping denon didn't remove the option...

post #7811 of 9187 Old 06-08-2014, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWMorgan View Post

I am doing a upgrade to this receiver this week (Denon AVRX 4000). Previously I had a Denon AVR3808CI. I am having it professionally installed and they are going to program one of those fancy remotes for everything. (I have a Oppo BDP-103) and they are installing a new JVC 3-D 4k projector.

My question is I have many BluRays with Master Audio from Olive, and some from Warners. They seem to put the mono soundtrack on only the CENTER speaker output. I prefer hearing the mono sound in the right and left speakers as they are a bit better and add weight and fullness to the sound, rather than coming solely from the smaller Center speaker. And since they are programming the remote, I want to try to think of all possible quirks I may have.

My previous DENON I could never find a setting or button to take that center track to have it play out of the left-right speakers. The only work around I found was to take a splitter and plug in the RCA jack to the ANALOG OUT (Center) for the OPPO. The other end of the cord was two RCA connectors and I then plugged them into the receivers right and left analog inputs. I had the remote programmer then add (on the blu ray setting) an audio option of HMDI, ANALOG, etc. from the DENON and I would switch it to Analog out which provided the 2 channel mono sound I wanted.

I should add with my old Denon, hitting the stereo button would produce no sound as I think it switched to the left and right tracks that are not used.

Many thanks...
John

Playing back those files in "Stereo" mode will force the front 2 channels to play. You may want to mess with Neo 6 music or Pro logic modes and play around with them too.

Have them program an audio configuration button. If setup properly this will allow you to adjust all functions of the AVR.

Hear me now, Listen to me later....
post #7812 of 9187 Old 06-08-2014, 12:50 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by t231 View Post

Just stumbled across a frustrating bug where my X1000 plays all network sources really quietly. Sounds like a number of other users have had similar issues in the following thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1451338/denon-avr-1913-low-volume-when-streaming/30

Anyone else have this issue? Any known fixes? Tried following the advice in the thread above but can't seem to get normal volume back... frown.gif

Edit: Another question, how do I save the config using the web gui? I've gotten to the web interface and don't see any options to save config files. I've searched this forum and the owners manual and still can't find an answer, am hoping denon didn't remove the option...

Try doing a soft reset by unplugging the power cord for at least 10 minutes. Review post #4 of this thread regarding the SAVE/LOAD procedure.

post #7813 of 9187 Old 06-08-2014, 03:00 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. Have already unplugged it for 20+ minutes, no change. After looking over your post on saving configs I'm still not able to save one... I followed your URL and get to the correct page but when I click save config it just sits there and then states "save not complete" -and the receiver's display never shows "saving". Doesn't matter if I have the receiver on/off/standby, and I made sure not to be on a network source when attempting it. Tried Chrome/IE, same result on both.

Any other suggestions?

Edit: Oh and IP control is set to "Always On"

post #7814 of 9187 Old 06-08-2014, 03:03 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWMorgan View Post

Many thanks...
John

In addition to selecting STEREO surround mode, you can also simply set the Center speaker to NONE.

post #7815 of 9187 Old 06-08-2014, 03:09 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Have already unplugged it for 20+ minutes, no change. After looking over your post on saving configs I'm still not able to save one... I followed your URL and get to the correct page but when I click save config it just sits there and then states "save not complete" -and the receiver's display never shows "saving". Doesn't matter if I have the receiver on/off/standby, and I made sure not to be on a network source when attempting it. Tried Chrome/IE, same result on both.

Any other suggestions?

Edit: Oh and IP control is set to "Always On"

Try setting IP Control to Off in Standby.

post #7816 of 9187 Old 06-08-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:

Try setting IP Control to Off in Standby.

After setting IP control to Off in Standby and some more fiddling I was able to get the config backup to work... Unfortunately my network volume is still extremely low. I reset the microprocessor once, no change -reset it three more times back to back and still no change. Loaded my config file back and I'm right back where I started... :(

Any other suggestions? The volume set to -10 is about as loud as it used to be at -75.

post #7817 of 9187 Old 06-08-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drosso View Post

Hi,
got the same problem with my Marantz SR5007 AVR (see my post here http://www.avsforum.com/t/1409431/the-official-denon-avr-xx13-model-owners-thread-faq/10440#post_24612435).
Only workaround I found is to soft reset the unit once a week.rolleyes.gif
Should you find the solution, please email it to me.
Thank you.

Contacted Denon Tech support and they said it's a bug in fw. Don't know how to fix now and therefore not sure it'll be fixed in the next fw.
If I knew it, I wouldn't definitely buy Denon receiver.
post #7818 of 9187 Old 06-08-2014, 08:24 PM

Liked: 11
Does Anyone know how to reset the sound mode option i mistakenly pressed pure and now it sound weird anyone know how to remove it ? i have the x4000

Thnx
post #7819 of 9187 Old 06-08-2014, 08:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 401
There are 4 buttons on your remote. Movie, Music, Game, Pure. Try pressing Movie , Music or Game and it should take it out of Pure mode.

Afro GT
post #7820 of 9187 Old 06-08-2014, 10:47 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 78
You gotta hold one of them down for a few seconds before you can change it, then press the same one again to scroll through the options.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
post #7821 of 9187 Old 06-09-2014, 03:03 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:

After setting IP control to Off in Standby and some more fiddling I was able to get the config backup to work... Unfortunately my network volume is still extremely low. I reset the microprocessor once, no change -reset it three more times back to back and still no change. Loaded my config file back and I'm right back where I started... frown.gif

Any other suggestions? The volume set to -10 is about as loud as it used to be at -75.

If you have tried the various tips in that linked thread to include ensuring the unit has the most up to date firmware installed, repair is your next option.

post #7822 of 9187 Old 06-09-2014, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I just wanted to share a strange issue I ran across over the weekend. I have a Denon X2000. I used YouTube's "Send to TV" feature for the first time (from my Nexus 7 table to a Sony 70R550 TV). I wasn't able to get the HDMI ARC feature to send the audio to the AVR. I'm not even sure if this is possible using this feature, as I have no clue which input to set the Denon to. I fiddled with the various HDMI Control settings with no luck. In any case, I temporarily enabled the TV's speakers so I could hear the audio. I immediately ran into problems once I was finished and disabled the TV speakers: My STB started giving me HDCP errors, my WDTV Live defaulted to outputting 480i resolution, and my PS3 began sending audio directly to the TV.

To make a long story short, after about an hour of troubleshooting, I was eventually able to get everything working again, more or less. It involved two soft resets of the AVR, cycling the TV audio to TV speakers, then back to the AVR for each input separately. And for the WDTV, I had to switch to a separate HDMI input. For some reason, the WDTV was no longer able to auto-detect the TV’s resolution, nor the audio properties of the AVR. Once I switched the HDMI input (from 5 to 4), the WDTV started working normally again.

Maybe it’s just my unit, but anytime I try one of the network-enabled features, something goes wrong. First, it was the low volume issue playing music via the Network mode (fixed very fortunately by a firmware upgrade which came out a few days after I encountered the issue), then most recently, this strange HDMI sync problem, which seemingly killed one of the HDMI ports.
post #7823 of 9187 Old 06-09-2014, 12:55 PM

I have a new avrx2000 (1 wk old)

Where can I find our what the latest firmware is. If I mine is not the latest where can I download the latest and also get instructions on how to update. I've been all over Denon's website but haven't been able to find what I'm looking fore.

Thanks for any info. This is a great thread.

ChE74
post #7824 of 9187 Old 06-09-2014, 01:39 PM
585-645-1006

^^
This information is available in post #6 of this thread.

post #7825 of 9187 Old 06-09-2014, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does anyone know when we will see a price drop on the X3000 and X4000, with the new models coming out soon? I see the X2000 has dropped at lot. I currently have AVR-3300 and it's starting to die. I'm getting intermittent static and then sound cut out. As much as I've loved the 3300, I think it's day is about done.
post #7826 of 9187 Old 06-09-2014, 03:37 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Both replacement models are expected to be released in August, however, both also have a $100 higher MSRP, so not likely to see any clearance pricing until mid July.

post #7827 of 9187 Old 06-09-2014, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks JD. I hope the 3300 makes it til' then.
post #7828 of 9187 Old 06-09-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:

If you have tried the various tips in that linked thread to include ensuring the unit has the most up to date firmware installed, repair is your next option.

Firmware is most recent. Called Denon and they're telling me I need to drive it to a service station and the nearest location is hours away in another state.... I had thought I was buying a premium product/service experience by going with the Denon and I'm sorely disappointed. Unit has only been up and running for a couple months.

:(

post #7829 of 9187 Old 06-09-2014, 04:31 PM
585-645-1006

^^
With any brand there are always going to be a small % of defective units. Depending on your location, you may want to consider shipping the unit the Panurgy OEM (factory repair center) in NJ for quicker turn around. Denon will pay return shipping costs.

post #7830 of 9187 Old 06-09-2014, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post

I just wanted to share a strange issue I ran across over the weekend. I have a Denon X2000. I used YouTube's "Send to TV" feature for the first time (from my Nexus 7 table to a Sony 70R550 TV). I wasn't able to get the HDMI ARC feature to send the audio to the AVR. I'm not even sure if this is possible using this feature, as I have no clue which input to set the Denon to. I fiddled with the various HDMI Control settings with no luck. In any case, I temporarily enabled the TV's speakers so I could hear the audio. I immediately ran into problems once I was finished and disabled the TV speakers: My STB started giving me HDCP errors, my WDTV Live defaulted to outputting 480i resolution, and my PS3 began sending audio directly to the TV.

To make a long story short, after about an hour of troubleshooting, I was eventually able to get everything working again, more or less. It involved two soft resets of the AVR, cycling the TV audio to TV speakers, then back to the AVR for each input separately. And for the WDTV, I had to switch to a separate HDMI input. For some reason, the WDTV was no longer able to auto-detect the TV’s resolution, nor the audio properties of the AVR. Once I switched the HDMI input (from 5 to 4), the WDTV started working normally again.

Maybe it’s just my unit, but anytime I try one of the network-enabled features, something goes wrong. First, it was the low volume issue playing music via the Network mode (fixed very fortunately by a firmware upgrade which came out a few days after I encountered the issue), then most recently, this strange HDMI sync problem, which seemingly killed one of the HDMI ports.

Since you have a ps3, just use the YouTube app on there to do the same thing.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2309ci Receiver , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Denon , Denon Electronics , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Denon Avr E200 , Denon Avr E300 , Denon Avr E400 , Denon Avr X2000 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X3000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X1000 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page