The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 270 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8071 of 8728 Old 07-02-2014, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Speaker plugs are all bananas, but I checked them any way. They were all rock solid. One thing I did notice is that the I -RC trigger cable was just a tiny, tiny bit out of the jack on the back of the receiver, but not enough to disable the trigger, as it still worked, so I don't think that's it.

Audyssed completed, and the unit has been on for about 40 minutes without shutting off. I got about an hour and a half this morning before it went down, so we'll see. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks, JD.

"The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8072 of 8728 Old 07-02-2014, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 0
can the x4000 upscale 480i analog to higher def? im playing some of my old xbox games
post #8073 of 8728 Old 07-02-2014, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I am noticing an odd issue with my new Denon AVR-X4000 and my receiver and new plasma. I have HDMI control enabled and my Samsung plasma has AnyNet+ enabled and I am using the ARC HDMI on Plasma as well.

What I have noticed is that if I turn on the TV, Receiver, and DirecTV receiver I see the AVR tune to CAB/SAT, but then it seems 10 seconds later it changes to "TV AUDIO". I assume this has something to do with having HDMI control on and the Samsung AnyNet+ feature both enabled. I just want the AVR to stay on CAB/SAT but not sure why its changing?

Any ideas why its doing this?
post #8074 of 8728 Old 07-02-2014, 04:29 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 1422
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pacalypsenow View Post
can the x4000 upscale 480i analog to higher def? im playing some of my old xbox games
Yes ... but as they say ... garbage in = garbage out.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #8075 of 8728 Old 07-02-2014, 04:32 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFern View Post
I am noticing an odd issue with my new Denon AVR-X4000 and my receiver and new plasma. I have HDMI control enabled and my Samsung plasma has AnyNet+ enabled and I am using the ARC HDMI on Plasma as well.

What I have noticed is that if I turn on the TV, Receiver, and DirecTV receiver I see the AVR tune to CAB/SAT, but then it seems 10 seconds later it changes to "TV AUDIO". I assume this has something to do with having HDMI control on and the Samsung AnyNet+ feature both enabled. I just want the AVR to stay on CAB/SAT but not sure why its changing?

As a reminder, there is over 30 pages of helpful information provided in posts #3-6 of this thread including a section that directly relates to your issue (linked below) caused by using HDMI(ARC) and why using an optical cable from the TV is a much better solution.

The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 07-03-2014 at 08:53 AM.
post #8076 of 8728 Old 07-02-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Yes ... but as they say ... garbage in = garbage out.
I did the upscalling but on my tv it still shows 480i signal is that how its supposed to be? Thanks
post #8077 of 8728 Old 07-02-2014, 05:17 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Keep in mind that upscaling 480i to 1080p simply makes a smaller blurry picture a little larger blurry picture. Ensure the i/pScaler setting is set to "Analog + HDMI".

post #8078 of 8728 Old 07-02-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
^^
Keep in mind that upscaling 480i to 1080p simply makes a smaller blurry picture a little larger blurry picture. Ensure the i/pScaler setting is set to "Analog + HDMI".
it wont let me do + HDMi only analog am i doing something wrong?
post #8079 of 8728 Old 07-02-2014, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Visually check all speaker wire connections to ensure there is no loose speaker wire touching another post, otherwise, if still no joy, call me and we'll do an RMA and exchange it for you.
JDSMOOTHIE: Mine is having the same problem despite checking all speaker wires and doing a microprocessor reset. I bought it from AV Science in 12/13. Do I send it back to you guys for repairs or to Panurgy?

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
post #8080 of 8728 Old 07-03-2014, 12:25 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Check to see if there is local repair facility in your area otherwise Panurgy.

post #8081 of 8728 Old 07-03-2014, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFern View Post

Sure -- That is what happens with Denon plus Anynet. Mine did exactly the same thing. ARC is not dependable and is really only useful for OTA broadcasts or Samsung Smart TV apps. Turn Anynet off and hook up an optical cable for sound from the TV to the AVR - problem solved.
post #8082 of 8728 Old 07-03-2014, 08:52 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pacalypsenow View Post
it wont let me do + HDMi only analog am i doing something wrong?
Actually, if it's only an analog source, then it only needs to be set to "Analog."

post #8083 of 8728 Old 07-03-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Actually, if it's only an analog source, then it only needs to be set to "Analog."
OK
post #8084 of 8728 Old 07-03-2014, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Avr X3000-monitor video interference

Hi folks,
I purchased this from Richer Sounds in Belfast N.I in January.
Recently about 15 minutes into anything I watch on it,an interference bar comes across the screen sometimes two.
Sometimes the picture colour completely washes out to a green.

You would swear it was a bad hdmi cable.
I have tried three separate very good brands though and the same problem.

The picture is perfect via pass through if you turn off the amp or when devices like sky HD,blue ray etc are hooked up directly to the tv.
The TV is a Sony Bravia kdl ex403.
There are no issues whatsoever with that set on terrestrial hd or sd channels.

I brought it back into the store today and they phoned me later to say they could see no interference and until they could,they cannot send it back to Denon for to be looked at.

Have any of you any ideas as to what this can be? Or is there any hope of Denon running some kind of diagnostic on it?

It is of absolutely no use to me ,at the moment,for home cinema as video becomes unwatchable,it is very disappointing,I was up until this issue arose,delighted with the amp.

Thank you in advance for any help.
post #8085 of 8728 Old 07-03-2014, 04:30 PM
585-645-1006

If they couldn't find any issue, then it's apparently your components causing the problem. Did you have them use your cables? Did you bring your sources with you? Find out what brand of cables they use and give them a try. How new is your TV? Could be an issue there.
Whitebriar likes this.

post #8086 of 8728 Old 07-03-2014, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sub really needed during day to day TV/Radio use?

Hi Everyone, I recently purchased a AVR-X2000. Regarding speakers i have Mid size Sony SS-D590AV , a JBL Centre (a SC305 i think and sony bookshelf for surround L & R. My active Sub is a 100W sony (pretty crappy) . I'm looking at upgrading speakers in perhaps a year or so) My question is can i (and should i) turn the sub off (and still get reasonably full sound spectrum) while listening to the radio and watching TV? My main reason for this is the waste of power having the sub always turned on. I do however want to use the sub when watching movies. I understand i can't have 2 audyssey EQ profiles (what a shame!) Would i be better to setup audyssey with the sub and then turn off during Radio/TV use and back on during movies or just forget about the sub and leave out of the audyssey setup altogether. I can think of one other senario, that i set the cross over low down for the front and centre speakers so they are forced to output all except the Rumble/Thunder in Movies, is this a good idea?
post #8087 of 8728 Old 07-04-2014, 01:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Internet Radio skips chosen station X4000

If I choose a radio station with the denon X4000 user interface and remote it try's to play it but then goes to the next station in the list and plays this instead.

If I choose the same station through the iOS App the the Denon user interface return server error.

Using vTuner and radiodenon.com I added the station as a favorite and the tried to play it on my denon. It try's to play it then skips to the next station in my favorites list.

The thing is, I could play these stations before so why can't I now?
post #8088 of 8728 Old 07-04-2014, 01:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
If they couldn't find any issue, then it's apparently your components causing the problem. Did you have them use your cables? Did you bring your sources with you? Find out what brand of cables they use and give them a try. How new is your TV? Could be an issue there.
No,I just brought the Amp.The store is about 120 miles from my home,so it is unlikely I will be back there for a week or two.

When it is really bad,the screen goes green.From reading the start of this thread last night,could it be a hdmi handshake issue?
The TV is about 3 years old.

Thank you.
post #8089 of 8728 Old 07-04-2014, 02:07 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Could be. Have you tried changing the power on sequence, TV, AVR, source, waiting at least a few seconds befor powering on the AVR and source device? Also try doing at least 4-5 microprocessor resets in a row. Try cycling the Video Conversion setting to OFF to test the result.

post #8090 of 8728 Old 07-04-2014, 02:10 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbid View Post
If I choose a radio station with the denon X4000 user interface and remote it try's to play it but then goes to the next station in the list and plays this instead.

If I choose the same station through the iOS App the the Denon user interface return server error.

Using vTuner and radiodenon.com I added the station as a favorite and the tried to play it on my denon. It try's to play it then skips to the next station in my favorites list.

The thing is, I could play these stations before so why can't I now?
When strange issues like this occur, first try a soft reset (unplug for 10 minutes), and if no joy, reset the microprocessor. See post #5 of this thread.

post #8091 of 8728 Old 07-04-2014, 02:19 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsenaiga View Post
Hi Everyone, I recently purchased a AVR-X2000. Regarding speakers i have Mid size Sony SS-D590AV , a JBL Centre (a SC305 i think and sony bookshelf for surround L & R. My active Sub is a 100W sony (pretty crappy) . I'm looking at upgrading speakers in perhaps a year or so) My question is can i (and should i) turn the sub off (and still get reasonably full sound spectrum) while listening to the radio and watching TV? My main reason for this is the waste of power having the sub always turned on. I do however want to use the sub when watching movies. I understand i can't have 2 audyssey EQ profiles (what a shame!) Would i be better to setup audyssey with the sub and then turn off during Radio/TV use and back on during movies or just forget about the sub and leave out of the audyssey setup altogether. I can think of one other senario, that i set the cross over low down for the front and centre speakers so they are forced to output all except the Rumble/Thunder in Movies, is this a good idea?
Have you calculated how much you would save? Do you remember to turn 75W/100W lights off in rooms in the house that are not being used? If your sub has an AUTO setting, it should only come on when the signal is strong enough (which would not likely be the case for lower volume music listening levels). You can manually turn the Sub Off using the OSD/menu if desired. You don't want to leave out the sub during the Audyssey calibration and also don't want to lower the speaker crossovers lower than what is set after running Audyssey.

post #8092 of 8728 Old 07-04-2014, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 91
My Denon x4000 is on its way to Panurgy for warranty service. Meanwhile, I am using a 30 year old Carver m1.0t amp and a slightly newer Carver preamp. I am noticing significantly better imaging and a sense of "air" on minimal-miked recordings that was not so evident with the Denon. Transients are clearer. There seems to be less compression at louder volumes.

Since the Carver equipment has no DAC, I am running all of my sources (cable box, Roku, networked audio files) through my Oppo 103 player. I can't tell whether the improvements are due to the Carver equipment or the DAC in the Oppo. I doubt if the improvement is due simply to more wattage in the amp (rated 200 wpc), since my speakers aren't that demanding and are not getting played at deafening volumes.

So this will take some investigation when the AVR gets back.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
post #8093 of 8728 Old 07-04-2014, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 20
E-300 in 2.1 setup, I get no subwoofer when using AirPlay? Is there an easy way to fix this?
post #8094 of 8728 Old 07-04-2014, 04:20 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Yup. Set your FL/FR speakers to SMALL/80Hz.

post #8095 of 8728 Old 07-04-2014, 08:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thumbs down X2000: GUI over video overlay doesn't work

Hi Hoping somebody can help with this.

Since I bought x2000 GUI over video doesn't work. Pressing info or options button on the remote just blinks Mainzone on
the remote and nothing shows up on the PJ display.

I have sony bdp connected to X2000 with hdmi and hdmi out from x2000 to benq PJ.

Tried reset but reset didn't happen Not sure whether I am missing something basic.

Denon CS suggested me to ship it to service center

Of nothing else works I will go for an exchange which I bought grom world wide stereo(rakuten).

Let me know any quick fix is available. Thanks in advance
post #8096 of 8728 Old 07-04-2014, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I need opinions on how many speakers I should use. I just moved and have a more audio friendly room to use and am planning a wire pull in the near future.

I was using a 9.2 set up in a small room (overkill I know) with the Denon AVR-X4000 receiver.

2 fronts (Klipsch KLF 20)
2 sides (Klipsch Synergy F3)
Center (Klipsch RC 62 II)
2 front heights (Take 5 energy satellites)
2 rear heights (Take 5 energy satellites)
2 subs (Polk PSW10)

12 gauge monoprice speaker wire (Would use Best Buy THX certified 12 gauge in new set up more than likely)

No amp or other component other than media devices (DVR, PS3 etc)

The guys who are going to run wire for me have the opinion that there is no audio benefit using the satellites at least not 9.2. At most 7.2 or 5.2.

Their logic is power loss causing dynamic audio loss on some sounds. I was originally of the mind that this receiver could power the whole set up no problem with no detriment to the audio quality. I thought having the extra speakers was helping not hurting audio experience.

What do you guys think I should do?

P.S. by audio friendly room I am now in a slightly longer and wider room with tile floor throughout.
post #8097 of 8728 Old 07-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 62
jwhyrock,

First, what do you mean by rear heights? Denon doesn't have that, there are rear surrounds though. Rear surrounds should match the rest of your speakers as much as possible, front heights should be similar, but are not as critical. So get more Klipsch if you can.

As for power, well Klipsch are extremely efficient, so they won't tax your amp. Those KLF 20 speakers are 100dB at 1 watt. You'll only need a few watts to each of those Klipsch speakers to fill your room. But keep in mind that the X4000 only has 7 channels of amplification. You can hook up nine speakers to it, but you will have to choose which 7 are power at any one time. For instance you could use rear surrounds when you are watching something that has 6.1 or 7.1 audio, and then switch to front heights for 5.1 audio, or for specific content. But you can't use them all at once without an external amplifier. You should be able to run all 7, especially with Klipsch, without any issues.

As for wire, TXH certified wire? Really? If that costs anymore than Monoprice it's a waste. Just get the Monoprice, it's good stuff. Make sure you get the in-wall rated wire if you are pulling wire through walls or the ceiling.

On, and tile floor is generally not audio friendly.

Download my IR hex codes for the Denon AVR-4810ci and other Denon receivers here.
For Logitech Harmony support, ask Logitech for the Denon receiver in the account kmickunas.

post #8098 of 8728 Old 07-05-2014, 02:20 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I meant rear surrounds, I just happened to have mine up high. THX is just what the wire is called. If I can return the monoprice wire I just bought I'll save money. I also like Monoprice.

I will not be purchasing any new equipment. I guess I'm confused then on using 9. I would often just run stereo vs 5.1, Dolby etc settings at least while watching cable and it sounded like all speakers were getting a signal.

I guess I'm still asking my original question. Should I only be running a 7.2 set up then? I apologize if I misunderstand your info. I'm hardly an expert. I know basics and that's about it.
post #8099 of 8728 Old 07-05-2014, 02:58 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdadi View Post
Hi Hoping somebody can help with this.

Since I bought x2000 GUI over video doesn't work. Pressing info or options button on the remote just blinks Mainzone on
the remote and nothing shows up on the PJ display.

I have sony bdp connected to X2000 with hdmi and hdmi out from x2000 to benq PJ.

Tried reset but reset didn't happen Not sure whether I am missing something basic.

Denon CS suggested me to ship it to service center

Of nothing else works I will go for an exchange which I bought grom world wide stereo(rakuten).

Let me know any quick fix is available. Thanks in advance

Check to make sure the Video Conversion setting (p. 192 Owner's manual) is set to ON. If ON, try doing multiple resets (at least 4-5).

post #8100 of 8728 Old 07-05-2014, 03:05 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhyrock View Post
I meant rear surrounds, I just happened to have mine up high. THX is just what the wire is called. If I can return the monoprice wire I just bought I'll save money. I also like Monoprice.

I will not be purchasing any new equipment. I guess I'm confused then on using 9. I would often just run stereo vs 5.1, Dolby etc settings at least while watching cable and it sounded like all speakers were getting a signal.

I guess I'm still asking my original question. Should I only be running a 7.2 set up then? I apologize if I misunderstand your info. I'm hardly an expert. I know basics and that's about it.
You don't mention using an external amp to expand to 9.2 so his point was you can only power 7 of the 9 speakers if you don't have the external amp. Rather than the rear surrounds you may want to try Front Wide speakers instead.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 07-05-2014 at 03:09 AM.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2309ci Receiver , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Denon , Denon Electronics , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Denon Avr E200 , Denon Avr E300 , Denon Avr E400 , Denon Avr X2000 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X3000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X1000 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page