The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 272 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8131 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 02:57 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis View Post
Update: took a break to eat dinner, and the symptoms changed. Now the "Media Player Outputs" (AKA "Record Out") will deliver analog OR digital (HD) FM radio, but not Internet Radio or HDMI SAT/CBL audio.

So despite the lack of comment in the manual, they may be "analog only" (and Denon is treating HDFM as analog).

We are trying to use these outputs to "clone" the audio from one X4000 to an input on another for a client who has two receivers creating 6 zones, but sometimes wants "the same music in every room." Who can think of another way to do it?

Thank you!

--Dan in St. Louis
Connect the Zone 2 pre-outs to the other X4000 and use ALL ZONE STEREO mode.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8132 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 03:07 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfbinet View Post
Is there anyway to enlarge the Information detail (speakers used, sound processor info, etc.) and to increase the time info is on the screen? At present, the detail for Information only lasts 2 seconds on my display and is too small.

I AM LOVING this receiver so far! Easy to use and configure and great sound.

Jim
There is no way to adjust sizing or length of display time, however, the INFO display should cover roughly 50% of your TV screen which is quite large as noted in the image below.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (13.8 KB, 135 views)

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #8133 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Connect the Zone 2 pre-outs to the other X4000 and use ALL ZONE STEREO mode.
We will probably wind up doing that. We were trying maintain the independence of volume control for each zone, but access to digital sources may be more important.

By the way, for those using programmed remote controls like iRule, there are discrete ALL ZONE STEREO ON and OFF commands available.

Thank you!

--Dan in St. Louis

---- Dan in Saint Louis
post #8134 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Denon App/Airplay Help on 3313

I have read through all the posts and I still cant find the help I need. My setup.....

I have a router that feeds the whole house switch in a low voltage enclosure which then feeds a switch in my equipment room. My DHCP assigns my receiver 192.168.0.2 and can connect to Pandora and download firmware and all that. However I can not get airplay or the app to see it and connect. I am not a networking wiz. I have played with router settings and cant get anything to work. I am sure that the switches are my problem and I could eliminate one of them but that's it. Any help would really be appreciated!!!!
post #8135 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
No way does it fill 50% of my screen. It is a small box in the center of my screen!

Thanks for responding.

Jim

Chad Billheimer rocks as a ISF Calibrator for Ohio.
Roller Coaster season is upon us. Proud member of American Coaster Enthusiasts (ACE) Woodies Rule!
post #8136 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Is that the case for all sources to include network? Has this always been the case or just after you had the video calibration done?

post #8137 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Weldy View Post
I have read through all the posts and I still cant find the help I need. My setup.....

I have a router that feeds the whole house switch in a low voltage enclosure which then feeds a switch in my equipment room. My DHCP assigns my receiver 192.168.0.2 and can connect to Pandora and download firmware and all that. However I can not get airplay or the app to see it and connect. I am not a networking wiz. I have played with router settings and cant get anything to work. I am sure that the switches are my problem and I could eliminate one of them but that's it. Any help would really be appreciated!!!!
Did you review all of the troubleshooting tips in post "#3" of this thread to include the one below?

The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ

post #8138 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:

Are your wifi and wired devices on the same subnet? If your receiver was assigned 192.168.0.2 I'm guessing your other devices are in some other range. Check the IP address for the other devices and see if they are also all 192.168.0.*.

Download my IR hex codes for the Denon AVR-4810ci and other Denon receivers here.
For Logitech Harmony support, ask Logitech for the Denon receiver in the account kmickunas.

post #8139 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Mickunas View Post
Are your wifi and wired devices on the same subnet? If your receiver was assigned 192.168.0.2 I'm guessing your other devices are in some other range. Check the IP address for the other devices and see if they are also all 192.168.0.*.
All of my other connected and wireless devices are in the 192.168.1 range as normal. The only ones that are in the 192.168.0 are the ones in the theater (xbox, bluray, a the avr). I am sure that the extra switch is the problem. I have enough cable laying around that I can throw down the stairs and just see. Maybe then just get a couple of power line adapters.

Thanks!!!!
post #8140 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Did you review all of the troubleshooting tips in post "#3" of this thread to include the one below?

The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ

I did JD numerous times......
post #8141 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
All of my other connected and wireless devices are in the 192.168.1 range as normal. The only ones that are in the 192.168.0 are the ones in the theater (xbox, bluray, a the avr). I am sure that the extra switch is the problem. I have enough cable laying around that I can throw down the stairs and just see. Maybe then just get a couple of power line adapters.

Thanks!!!!
It's not the switch per se, it's that you got something else in there handing out DHCP addresses and it's on a different subnet, so the devices can't talk to one another. Well they can, but that's something in some other settings elsewhere that gets a bit more complicated. You could have 20 switches wired up to one another and as long as there is only one source handing out DHCP addresses everything would be fine.

Is the switch a managed switch? Can you switch to unmanaged mode? Or do you perhaps have a second router somewhere? Are you perhaps using an old router as a switch? If that's the case you just need to disable DHCP on it.

Download my IR hex codes for the Denon AVR-4810ci and other Denon receivers here.
For Logitech Harmony support, ask Logitech for the Denon receiver in the account kmickunas.

post #8142 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Switches don't hand out IP addresses. You need to know what device is giving the theater gear those 192.168.0.x range of addresses, and why.

Most consumer gear that's networkable depends upon the devices all being on the same subnet. And in most situations that's exactly how most home networks are set up. If yours is not set up that way it would be a good idea to know why. Certainly know why BEFORE you start rearranging things or running cables.
post #8143 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
Switches don't hand out IP addresses. You need to know what device is giving the theater gear those 192.168.0.x range of addresses, and why.

Most consumer gear that's networkable depends upon the devices all being on the same subnet. And in most situations that's exactly how most home networks are set up. If yours is not set up that way it would be a good idea to know why. Certainly know why BEFORE you start rearranging things or running cables.
Managed switches most certainly can hand out IP addresses. They're not common in home networks, but there are used ones on ebay that are cheap enough to have in a home network. I have one, as I'm planning on connecting my desktop and server together with two ethernet connections through the managed switch to get 2Gbps transfers.

post #8144 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post

I agree with you and totally understand that. However the two other switches I have are just basic Linksys 8 port switches with a wan port.
post #8145 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member

What model number is that? If it's got a WAN port that sounds more like a router than a switch.

post #8146 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM

Thanks All I figured it out

Thanks everyone for the help. I went into my structured media panel and found out that it was a gateway that was in there and not a switch. So, I put a switch in its place and go figure it works. Thanks for all the help....!!!!
post #8147 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:

Gross[emoji12]

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still 👎
post #8148 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Hahahahahaha
post #8149 of 8159 Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Talking

Quote:
That's just not right!
post #8150 of 8159 Old Today, 06:55 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
^^
Is that the case for all sources to include network? Has this always been the case or just after you had the video calibration done?
No. Sat/Cabl and Blue-ray the smallest - about a quarter of the screen
iPod/USB and DVD Large - about half the screen
Audio Player and Int - in between a quarter and half he screen

This has always been the case during the past two weeks.

JD, I have not had the TV or AVR video calibrated. Strange indeed. I still have time to replace but I love this thing! A hell of a lot easier than my 4308CI and very good indeed.

Jim

Roller Coaster season is upon us. Proud member of American Coaster Enthusiasts (ACE) Woodies Rule!
post #8151 of 8159 Old Today, 08:11 AM
585-645-1006

^^
The size of the image should remain the same regardless of the input source. Try a soft reset (unplug the AVR for 10 minutes) and if still no joy, a hard reset using the procedure in "post #5 " of this thread.

post #8152 of 8159 Old Today, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can somebody explain the limitations of the Zone 2 HDMI output on the AVR-X4000?

I'd like to use the receiver as an HDMI matrix for two televisions:
* Family room (only has TV speakers)
* Theater room (5.1 setup)

Additionally, I'd like audio to my patio (i.e. stereo).

Can this receiver work with that?

Zone 1 (main zone) = Theater (5.1 stereo to wired speakers)
Zone 2 = Family room (HDMI audio to TV)
Zone 3 = Patio (2.0 stereo to wired speakers)

Currently I have an expensive 4x4 HDMI matrix that allows custom control of EDID and lots of other fancy features, but I'm thinking about selling it and using the AVR-X4000 instead.

I'm fairly certain the receiver doesn't work this way, but if I have Zone 1 and Zone 2 playing the same source (Dolby True-HD 7.1), would it re-encode the HDMI to 2 channel PCM to my family room while still playing 5.1/7.1 in my main zone?

Last edited by sofakng; Today at 08:38 AM.
post #8153 of 8159 Old Today, 09:08 AM
585-645-1006

^^
No it would not. The AVR works the same way a switch would in that with two displays connected to the AVR, the audio/video will play to the lowest common denominator when the same source is played to both main and Zone 2, such that 5.1/7.1 audio would get downmixed to 2.0 in the main zone.

post #8154 of 8159 Old Today, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks!
post #8155 of 8159 Old Today, 11:09 AM
AVS Club Gold

JD:

I hope you don't mind being called that but it is easier to type.

I shall plan to spend part of the evening doing just that. You seem VERY familiar with Denon. An employee?

Thanks for all your excellent advice.

Jim

post #8156 of 8159 Old Today, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
JD:

I shall plan to spend part of the evening doing just that. You seem VERY familiar with Denon. An employee?

Jim
Jdsmoothie sells for AV Science, an authorized Denon dealer. He got me an excellent price for an x4000, and the deal, dare I say it, was a smoothie.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
post #8157 of 8159 Old Today, 02:30 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
JD:

Jim
Nope. Just another forum member like yourself for many years and joined with the sales side (AV Science) last Sep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
Jdsmoothie sells for AV Science, an authorized Denon dealer. He got me an excellent price for an x4000, and the deal, dare I say it, was a smoothie.
Yup .... always glad to help.

post #8158 of 8159 Old Today, 09:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Has anyone ever measured the electricity usage for their AVR? My electrical bill has now climbed into the highest-use most-expensive category and so I've been going around with a meter, checking how much wattage everything uses. I was shocked to find that my X2000 uses 200W even when there's nothing playing. (The sleep mode uses almost nothing, at least.) I assume this high use is related to the amplifier design but can anyone confirm this observation?

Assuming this is an Class AB amplifier it's expected to be less efficient than an all-digital Class D. But does it use a lot of power even when there's no signal?
post #8159 of 8159 Old Today, 10:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsalsero View Post
Has anyone ever measured the electricity usage for their AVR? My electrical bill has now climbed into the highest-use most-expensive category and so I've been going around with a meter, checking how much wattage everything uses. I was shocked to find that my X2000 uses 200W even when there's nothing playing. (The sleep mode uses almost nothing, at least.) I assume this high use is related to the amplifier design but can anyone confirm this observation?

Assuming this is an Class AB amplifier it's expected to be less efficient than an all-digital Class D. But does it use a lot of power even when there's no signal?
200 watts when nothing's playing? Ouch. It does get warm, but I was under the impression more from processors than amp. Curious to hear others' thoughts.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2309ci Receiver , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Denon , Denon Electronics , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Denon Avr E200 , Denon Avr E300 , Denon Avr E400 , Denon Avr X2000 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X3000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X1000 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page