The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 273 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8161 of 8163 Old Today, 02:43 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
^^
Please refer to post 3 of this thread for lots of helpful troubleshooting information. The AVR switching to TV is because you have the HDMI-CEC on the TV (Anynet+, BraviaSync, VierraLink, etc.) set to ON to use the ARC feature. Turn that TV setting to OFF if not using it. See link below from post 3 for more information.

The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ

The amp shutting down in protection mode could be the result of a number of issues. See link below from post 3 for more information.

The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8162 of 8163 Old Today, 03:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks for the quick reply. I should have mentioned that the receiver is an AVR-X4000.

The HDMI-CEC setting on the TV is off and always has been.

Section 11 c appears more likely, I've changed the Network IP control to 'Off in Standby' from 'Always On' to see if that makes a difference, if not I guess I might be needing a repaired/replacement HDMI board.

The amp has gone into protection mode even at very low volume, once it was at -60db. I have checked all the speaker cables, it was the first thing I did, but I'll check them more thoroughly to make sure there is no intermittent short.
post #8163 of 8163 Old Today, 04:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardP1 View Post
The amp has gone into protection mode even at very low volume, once it was at -60db. I have checked all the speaker cables, it was the first thing I did, but I'll check them more thoroughly to make sure there is no intermittent short.
My x4000 started to do that about six months after purchase; it's at Panurgy now for repairs. It would go into protection mode within a few minutes of turning it on; also, it had begun to make a loud POP through the speakers when I turned it off, instead of the usual CLICK.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2309ci Receiver , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Denon , Denon Electronics , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Denon Avr E200 , Denon Avr E300 , Denon Avr E400 , Denon Avr X2000 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X3000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X1000 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread