The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 277 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8281 of 8295 Old 07-23-2014, 05:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Bstloukal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: chicago suburbs
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a quick question which probably has been answered but can't find it. I was playing a movie on my ps3 and noticed the sound was not the way it should be. I noticed that the format on my x4000 say multi ch in. Not sure why this has chAnged maybe the kids adjusted something by accident but I cannot get this to change from multi channel in. This sutuation affects all my HDMI inputs. So no matter were I plug my PS3 in always comes up the same multi ch in. When I switch over to cable/sat I'm fine it reads the Dolby or whatever source is being played. I need some help here on how to correct this situation as I've been working on this for a long time with no solution Thank!!
Bstloukal1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8282 of 8295 Old 07-23-2014, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 23,824
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 938
MultiCH IN means that either the PS3 is set to decode the audio to multich PCM (i.e. unpacking the codec so the receiver gets uncompressed audio) or the movie has an uncompressed multich PCM track native (i.e. not packed into TrueHD or DTS or whatever). Have you tried any other movies? If it's happening with any movie, even if you select a compressed track, then you need to change the PS3 audio output settings to bitstream from PCM. If it only happens with that one movie, that means the movie has uncompressed PCM as the native soundtrack.

Did you, at any point, try and check the PS3 info (hit "Select") to see what it reports as the audio decoding?

Either way it has absolutely nothing to do with the receiver. And nothing is really wrong, the audio is exactly the same, it's just decoded before it hits the receiver.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is offline  
post #8283 of 8295 Old 07-23-2014, 06:56 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
X3000

Well after reading and researching the different Denon AVRs it came down to the AVR-X3000 and X3100W. I decided the X3k was the better value for my needs.
Tomorrow it will be delivered and I will be able to set it up, I'm so stoked. Currently I have a Bose Cinemate 1 2.1 and have just grown tried of it and it's lack of dialogue clarity. I am sure this will not be the case with my new Denon. I plan on using the X3k in a 7.1 set up with the following speakers:


Polk Monitor 15C center
Polk Monitor 65T L/R
Polk RCi80 in-ceiling front wide or height? (question coming about that)
Polk RCi80 in-ceiling surrounds
Polk PSW505 sub


My living room is very open and approx. 20x23 if that matters. My question concerning the front in-ceiling speakers which are around 45* off the center line from MLP to the TV. The front towers approx. 3' off the center line so they are 6ft apart from each other closer than I like or want but that is with in the keep my wife happy parameters. The front in-ceiling speakers are approx. 15' apart so they are 4-4.5' wider than the towers on each side and almost in line with the towers in terms of front to back distance from the wall the TV is on. So my question is are they considered front height or wides? I think this will play an import part in the Audyssey calibration. The Audyssey FAQ says go with wides when possible but with the speakers being in-ceiling my initial thought was call them height speakers. Being that I'm not sure I figured I'd ask the experts here to try to avoid a trail and error process with calibration. Thanks in advance for any help, forgive me if that isn't really the correct thread for this post but this is my first post after all. Hopefully I have explained my setup well enough for yall to provide a good answer.
Gamecock24 is offline  
post #8284 of 8295 Old 07-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Bstloukal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: chicago suburbs
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok adjusted to PS3 setting from PCM to bitstream as it was happening on all movies. This solved the problem. It turns out my son had a problem with the PS3 a few days ago and had to rebot which more than likely changed the settings s this was a new issue. Thanks for the reply as it was a big help and a bit of good information making forward.
Bstloukal1 is offline  
post #8285 of 8295 Old 07-23-2014, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 23,824
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock24 View Post
Well after reading and researching the different Denon AVRs it came down to the AVR-X3000 and X3100W. I decided the X3k was the better value for my needs.
Tomorrow it will be delivered and I will be able to set it up, I'm so stoked. Currently I have a Bose Cinemate 1 2.1 and have just grown tried of it and it's lack of dialogue clarity. I am sure this will not be the case with my new Denon. I plan on using the X3k in a 7.1 set up with the following speakers:


Polk Monitor 15C center
Polk Monitor 65T L/R
Polk RCi80 in-ceiling front wide or height? (question coming about that)
Polk RCi80 in-ceiling surrounds
Polk PSW505 sub


My living room is very open and approx. 20x23 if that matters. My question concerning the front in-ceiling speakers which are around 45* off the center line from MLP to the TV. The front towers approx. 3' off the center line so they are 6ft apart from each other closer than I like or want but that is with in the keep my wife happy parameters. The front in-ceiling speakers are approx. 15' apart so they are 4-4.5' wider than the towers on each side and almost in line with the towers in terms of front to back distance from the wall the TV is on. So my question is are they considered front height or wides? I think this will play an import part in the Audyssey calibration. The Audyssey FAQ says go with wides when possible but with the speakers being in-ceiling my initial thought was call them height speakers. Being that I'm not sure I figured I'd ask the experts here to try to avoid a trail and error process with calibration. Thanks in advance for any help, forgive me if that isn't really the correct thread for this post but this is my first post after all. Hopefully I have explained my setup well enough for yall to provide a good answer.
The speakers are high.... They are heights don't overthink it.

Sidestep but are you committed to that subwoofer? If you have time to return it I would step up to something more powerful in a room that size. If not then I would plan on adding a second sub ASAP.
batpig is offline  
post #8286 of 8295 Old 07-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
The speakers are high.... They are heights don't overthink it.

Sidestep but are you committed to that subwoofer? If you have time to return it I would step up to something more powerful in a room that size. If not then I would plan on adding a second sub ASAP.
Thanks batpig. That's was my initial thought, when in doubt invoke the KISS method, Keep It Simple Stupid. I am stuck with that sub it was an open box I got for $150 off amazon over a month ago. So I'd probably have to get a second sub if I'm not happy with it how it's sounding. I wanted the 75T towers to help with bass but the wife says the 65T are too big. Maybe another smaller sub would be permissible though say an 8" or even a 10" but not another 12" I still have to keep the boss happy.
Gamecock24 is offline  
post #8287 of 8295 Old 07-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 748
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 144
I have question about Denon X4000 is rated 125w per channel with 8Ohm speakers. Where I can find real watts per channel I know it is lower then what is on paper. I just want to know how much watts per channel can do Denon X4000 with only 2 channels, 5 channels and 7 channels. Thanks

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
retro124 is offline  
post #8288 of 8295 Old 07-23-2014, 08:20 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 43,037
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 1321
^^
Based on past model experience likely: 125W @ 2CH; 90W @ 5CH, 80W @ 7CH ............so bottom line, more than enough power for a 7CH 6-8 ohm setup.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #8289 of 8295 Old 07-23-2014, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 748
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
Based on past model experience likely: 125W @ 2CH; 90W @ 5CH, 80W @ 7CH ............so bottom line, more than enough power for a 7CH 6-8 ohm setup.
Thank you jdsmoothie, you are always very helpful !!!
how about subs? how much 1 or 2 subs can lower it?

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
retro124 is offline  
post #8290 of 8295 Old 07-23-2014, 10:58 PM
Senior Member
 
laserjock II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Texas Coast
Posts: 438
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Thank you jdsmoothie, you are always very helpful !!!
how about subs? how much 1 or 2 subs can lower it?
Subs will be self powered.
laserjock II is offline  
post #8291 of 8295 Old Yesterday, 03:38 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 43,037
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Thank you jdsmoothie, you are always very helpful !!!
how about subs? how much 1 or 2 subs can lower it?
The subs should be powered with their own amps and therefore will not draw any power from AVR.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #8292 of 8295 Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM
Member
 
mzaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

I'm looking to build my first HT setup. I picked out the Denon x1000 amp but am confused about speakers and impedance. I was planning on getting the Micca MB42X pair for front and MB42X-C for center, all of which are 4 ohm. Does this mean that they won't work or the performance will be subpar? Also, I want the Fluance AVBP2 for rear which are 8 ohm. Is mixing impedance a bad idea?

Thanks!
mzaur is offline  
post #8293 of 8295 Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM
Member
 
03Cobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Do the new Denons X2100W (mine) still have the fancy Blue light that come on when Bitstreaming?
03Cobra is offline  
post #8294 of 8295 Old Today, 03:36 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 43,037
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzaur View Post
Hey guys,

I'm looking to build my first HT setup. I picked out the Denon x1000 amp but am confused about speakers and impedance. I was planning on getting the Micca MB42X pair for front and MB42X-C for center, all of which are 4 ohm. Does this mean that they won't work or the performance will be subpar? Also, I want the Fluance AVBP2 for rear which are 8 ohm. Is mixing impedance a bad idea?

Thanks!

The X1000 should be able to power the speakers at average TV listening levels, however, if you raise the volume much louder (eg. for movies), the AVR may shut down in protection mode so simply don't raise it above that volume level again. Nothing wrong with mixing speakers with different impedance as they will be calibrated for the proper volume level after running Audyssey.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #8295 of 8295 Old Today, 03:37 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 43,037
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Cobra View Post
Do the new Denons X2100W (mine) still have the fancy Blue light that come on when Bitstreaming?
No. That was dropped a few years back.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2309ci Receiver , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Denon , Denon Electronics , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Denon Avr E200 , Denon Avr E300 , Denon Avr E400 , Denon Avr X2000 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X3000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X1000 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page


    Forum Jump: 

    Posting Rules  
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off