The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 279 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8341 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 05:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi MrSanRamon, press and hold Movie, Music or Game button will display a list of sound modes that can be selected. (page 100 in OM).
Thanks...I was searching for the wrong words, so I missed this section.

Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8342 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroX View Post
Yea, thats exactly how my Audyssey treated the center, high distortion. Maybe I'll get lucky with the next model.
As I wrote, I cancelled the Audyssey so turns out it had nothing to do with my issue. I'm confident there was something wrong with the analog output or amp for that channel.
I returned it, and unfortunately they were out of similar units for exchange. I ended up getting a cheaper Marantz SR5008.
If it wasn't going to end up in a second system, I'd have tried to get it repaired or insisted on a new 4000. I was really impressed with it...when it worked.
post #8343 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I played around with my audessey graphic ex after turning audessey off and copied over the settings. It kicked my high treble up to +6 no idea why as the speakers are very bright to begin with. I turned it way down and now I only start to hear the hiss noise around -0 which is fine as I normally dont listen to anything above it.

I might try running audyssey a few times once I get the subs back in the system. First time I ran it with a sub and no acoustic panels it sounded great. With the addition of the acoustic panels my room is notionally quiet with no echo. Even my wife yesterday noted the room was very quit and the echo when talking or yelling was gone.
post #8344 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 28
X4000 issue

Anyone having an issue when you select the network music options, after showing the screen with Pandora, Spotify, etc. -- the receiver either completely freezes up, or the reciever's arrow and enter buttons stop working (and possibly other buttons) but volume and power buttons work?

Should I try a reset? If yes -- the network reset or the full microprocessor reset?

Thanks!

CT

Hey babe ... at least I am not into motorcycles or boats ... that's real money.
post #8345 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to decide between the X1100 and X2100. For $200 bucks, other than the inputs/outputs, you also get the video upconversion (I do not have a 4K tv) and more watage to the speakers.

Will I really notice the difference between 80 vs 95 watts?

Is there anything else I may be missing as a reason to go to the X2100?
post #8346 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParityBit View Post
I am trying to decide between the X1100 and X2100. For $200 bucks, other than the inputs/outputs, you also get the video upconversion (I do not have a 4K tv) and more watage to the speakers.

Re the wattage difference, in theory you shouldn't hear a difference with reasonably sensitive speakers. That said, even with quite sensitive Focal speakers (albeit which drop to a fairly low impedance in some parts of their range, and in a big space), I found the X1000 a bit underpowered, i.e. I was turning the volume pretty close to max and it began to sound congested, and the X2000 seemed to give me the needed headroom and make things sound significantly better. This wasn't a blind test, so take it with a grain of salt, but I was able to do side-by-side comparison and the difference seemed pretty stark to me.

Benq W1070 projector
Da-Lite High-Contrast (gray) Da-Mat screen
Denon X2000 receiver
Focal 700-series towers and center
JMLab Tantal-series bookshelf rears
Rythmik FV15HP sub
post #8347 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post
Re the wattage difference, in theory you shouldn't hear a difference with reasonably sensitive speakers. That said, even with quite sensitive Focal speakers (albeit which drop to a fairly low impedance in some parts of their range, and in a big space), I found the X1000 a bit underpowered, i.e. I was turning the volume pretty close to max and it began to sound congested, and the X2000 seemed to give me the needed headroom and make things sound significantly better. This wasn't a blind test, so take it with a grain of salt, but I was able to do side-by-side comparison and the difference seemed pretty stark to me.
Thank you for the advice. I went with the X2100! Hopefully I dun good.
post #8348 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrill View Post
Anyone having an issue when you select the network music options, after showing the screen with Pandora, Spotify, etc. -- the receiver either completely freezes up, or the reciever's arrow and enter buttons stop working (and possibly other buttons) but volume and power buttons work?

Should I try a reset? If yes -- the network reset or the full microprocessor reset?

Thanks!

CT
The first step should ALWAYS be a soft reset by unplugging the AVR for 10 minutes. Then if no joy, you can try either a network reset or microprocessor reset noting that a network reset includes a microprocessor reset.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #8349 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParityBit View Post

Just an FYI .. but you're in the wrong thread. You want the 2014 thread linked below ...

The 'Official' 2014 Denon "S Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #8350 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
The first step should ALWAYS be a soft reset by unplugging the AVR for 10 minutes. Then if no joy, you can try either a network reset or microprocessor reset noting that a network reset includes a microprocessor reset.
Thanks JD -- I did try a soft reset, and in fact the receiver was unplugged overnight -- so I would assume that is a no joy. I will try a full reset.

If I end up returning this unit for another, but I have saved my configuration using the network interface and the save/load feature, when I get the new unit can I just load my saved settings right in? Or are the data files keyed to a particular unit?

BTW -- what is the difference between a network reset and a microprocessor reset?

Thanks!

CT

post #8351 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Not sure. Report back and let us know though if you do exchange it.

post #8352 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM

Quote:
^^
Not sure. Report back and let us know though if you do exchange it.
Hmm - not knowing for sure, I will probably just take the time to re-run Audyssey and go through the setup. Don't want to risk bricking a unit.

post #8353 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrgagne View Post
As I wrote, I cancelled the Audyssey so turns out it had nothing to do with my issue. I'm confident there was something wrong with the analog output or amp for that channel.
I returned it, and unfortunately they were out of similar units for exchange. I ended up getting a cheaper Marantz SR5008.
If it wasn't going to end up in a second system, I'd have tried to get it repaired or insisted on a new 4000. I was really impressed with it...when it worked.
Yea, didn't mean to imply Audyssey had anything to do with either of our issues, just that I too noticed Audyssey's tones/chirps were 'off' during its measure of the cc speaker. I'm sure whatever is wrong with my 2000 was the same as your 4000. I was looking at getting a Marantz as well, all but confirmed by the Denon's lack of warranty.

I was really impressed by the price tag on the x4000, maybe one day when I have the space for speakers worthy of that beast.

Anyway, hope you have better luck with the Marantz.
post #8354 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM

I'm on travel to Indiana this week, so I. Can't play with my new x2000.

I did set it up and run audessy 2x.

It sounds good, not (as I've said before) as good as my older pioneer elite receiver, but it's not a bad choice given the price of 359 delivered to California.

A couple of things...

One, the iPad app sucks...it recognizes my DVD player and my other pioneer receiver, but it doesn't find the x2000; is there's some setting I need to adjust in the receiver?

When I ran audessy, 2x, the speaker distance was off on most of the speakers by 6 inches or so. Both times the sub was shown as 19 feet +, rather than 9 feet +.

The levels weren't that good either, I had to reset them (5 of the 6 speakers...5.1 system).

Other than sounding OK and having a lot more hdmi inputs, this receiver seems, well, not very good in the auto setup mode.

Robert
post #8355 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrill View Post

Thanks!

CT
FYI I run into a similar issue with my x2000 occasionally i.e. the Network menu freezes and no longer accepts any new commands. The display is stuck at the last track being played, but all other input modes still work normally. A soft reset i.e. unplugging for 10 minutes, and plugging it back in, has always corrected the problem for me.
post #8356 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSanRamon View Post
I'm on travel to Indiana this week, so I. Can't play with my new x2000.

I did set it up and run audessy 2x.

It sounds good, not (as I've said before) as good as my older pioneer elite receiver, but it's not a bad choice given the price of 359 delivered to California.

A couple of things...

One, the iPad app sucks...it recognizes my DVD player and my other pioneer receiver, but it doesn't find the x2000; is there's some setting I need to adjust in the receiver?

When I ran audessy, 2x, the speaker distance was off on most of the speakers by 6 inches or so. Both times the sub was shown as 19 feet +, rather than 9 feet +.

The levels weren't that good either, I had to reset them (5 of the 6 speakers...5.1 system).

Other than sounding OK and having a lot more hdmi inputs, this receiver seems, well, not very good in the auto setup mode.

Robert
The sub "distance" is supposed to be > than the actual distance as it takes into account the sub filters which cause a delay in the signal. Are you using a camera tripod or ideally a mic boom stand to support the mic as indicated in your Owner's manual, otherwise less than satisfactory results would be expected.

post #8357 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM

Quote:
The sub "distance" is supposed to be > than the actual distance as it takes into account the sub filters which cause a delay in the signal. Are you using a camera tripod or ideally a mic boom stand to support the mic as indicated in your Owner's manual, otherwise less than satisfactory results would be expected.
Camera tripod...don't see how that would equate to >2x the distance.
post #8358 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Perhaps 1.5x would be more reasonable? Just depends on the makeup of your sub. Why did you have to reset the speaker volume levels? Are you using a SPL meter to confirm they didn't get set to the 75db test tone? Although rare, it's certainly possible you may have gotten a defective mic. Speaker/sub distance/level settings are all taken based only on the mic #1 position. So try running Audyssey again ensuring the 1st mic position is no closer than 1-2' from the back of the couch (if high back).

post #8359 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question about the X1000 / DD+

X1000 owner here with a question.

Using Chromecast plugged in directly and watching Game of Thrones on HBOgo.

I'm only getting PLII - not DD+ like I expected.

I hold down 'Movie' on the remote and it lists:
STEREO
DOLBY PLII
DTS NEO:6
MULTI CH
MONO MOVIE
VIRTUAL

Why won't it send DD+?

I remember seeing DD+ at some point. Not sure why it stopped.

Anything I should be checking or resetting?

Thanks!!
post #8360 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 953
The fact that DD+ is not an option means that the receiver isn't getting it -- it's getting a stereo signal input. You need to look upstream at the SOURCE, the receiver doesn't control the input signal. Either there is a setting off on the Chromecast, or you haven't selected the DD+ stream on that particular track, or if you confirm all settings are right in the Chromecast it's a temporary glitch that will be resolved by rebooting the source device.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #8361 of 8362 Old Yesterday, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, perhaps foolishly, I ordered the wrong receiver (buyer's remorse?). I have an x3000 on the way. I got a really good deal on it (I think). It pretty much fits the bill for what I was looking for in a receiver, so I zeroed in on it and finally ordered it.

My only concern is,I have four ohm speakers. So, my question is, about what is the top suggested volume setting that I should use on it to prevent it going into protect mode? It is suggested in the first page of this thread that tv watching should be between 30 to 20 and movie/music playing should be between 20 to 10 dcb. But this is for 8 ohm speakers.

Because my current receiver bit the dust last week, I zeroed in on this one and, actually forgot about what impedance speakers I had until I had my credit card out.I let my zest/excitement for a new receiver outweigh my practical thinking.

Thx, for your answer.
post #8362 of 8362 Old Today, 02:38 AM
585-645-1006

^^
You should expect to get to maybe -30db/50, perhaps a little higher. Best to simply slowly raise the volume until it shuts down and then you'll know the max level. You'll also want to set the Volume Limit setting to -20db/60 as long as it doesn't shut down before that point.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2309ci Receiver , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Denon , Denon Electronics , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Denon Avr E200 , Denon Avr E300 , Denon Avr E400 , Denon Avr X2000 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X3000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X1000 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page