The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 281 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #8401 of 8403 Unread Today, 02:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Here's the thing -- surround modes are memorized by input signal. When you pause the movie that is pushing a 5.1 signal, the bitstream drops and when the receiver is not receiving a signal it defaults to whatever surround mode is memorized for 2ch PCM/analog input.

So I think (can't test this to know for sure, but educated speculation) that if you make sure the surround mode memorized for 2ch matches the speaker output of what is memorized for 5.1 input, the clicks won't happen.

So for example, in your setup with 5.1 + Wides, the memorized surround mode for 5.1 input is probably DOLBY DIGITAL + DSX WIDE. If you send a 2ch PCM signal from that input, and make sure the surround mode is PLIIx + DSX WIDE (so identical speaker output) I am hoping it won't click because the speaker output is the same with both input signals. Same would apply do a Dolby Digital 2.0 input (e.g. the previews).
Thanks, gave it a try last evening and played some 2 channel audio (mp3 from PCH A400) and that 2 channel preset was already set on 7 channel (dts neo). So unfortunately the clicking remains.
I'm just a bit worried the switches will fail after some time (when starting movie there are about 8 clicks) with all this HDMI handshaking. But probably that's my OCD playing a part

That's it man, game over man, game over!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8402 of 8403 Unread Today, 04:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi,

I've got since 1 week a DENON AVR-X2000 and yesterday I tried Airplay and DLNA functions...bad idea

I've got the same issue as others, now sound level on network sources is very low.

I tried USB firmware update, but it don't want to proceed it because last firmware version is already in...

Can I "force" USB update ? another solution to recover good sound level ?

Thanks.
post #8403 of 8403 Unread Today, 04:32 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I just had a bit of strange occurrence with my X4000 - while watching a regular dvd, the image was replaced with a black screen and the word "DENON" in larger letters in the middle. While the image from the film was replaced by the black Denon screen, the dvd keep playing (I could see the time changing on the blu-ray player). I'm not sure if the sound continued to play or not as this occurred during a near silent part of the film. Changing the X4000 input source to another input and then back to the blu-ray player restored normal playback of the film.

Something similar happened a week ago while listening to a CD - I lost sound and got the black Denon screen. The same steps solved the problem.

These are the only times I recall having any problems with my X4000. Is this likely something to be concerned about?

Cheers
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2309ci Receiver , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Denon , Denon Electronics , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Denon Avr E200 , Denon Avr E300 , Denon Avr E400 , Denon Avr X2000 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X3000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X1000 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread