The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 289 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8641 of 8647 Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM
Member
 
nehmia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
So have had my X2000 for 2-3 months (thanks JD!) and today a thunderstorm rolled through. I have all my components plugged into a pure sine UPS and have a whole home surge protector at the panel. Well my TV showed no signal suddenly (no boom or strike... I've heard of static electricity being residual?). I can't get any output on the X2000 on a known good TV and HDMI cable. I have done the soft reset as well as the micro processor reset five times.

JD, should I give Denon a call?

Panasonic 60VT60 | Denon X2000 | Polk monitor 75T | Polk monitor 25C | Polk monitor 45B
nehmia is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8642 of 8647 Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM
Member
 
smcmillan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Farmington, MI
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehmia View Post
So have had my X2000 for 2-3 months (thanks JD!) and today a thunderstorm rolled through. I have all my components plugged into a pure sine UPS and have a whole home surge protector at the panel. Well my TV showed no signal suddenly (no boom or strike... I've heard of static electricity being residual?). I can't get any output on the X2000 on a known good TV and HDMI cable. I have done the soft reset as well as the micro processor reset five times.

JD, should I give Denon a call?
Had a similar issue a few months ago. Couldn't get any video on any of my plasma's HDMI inputs, component was fine. Tested each input with a tablet and everything else I could think of, nada. This was after a lightning strike directly over the house, equipment is on good surge suppressors but not on UPSs - And it only affected HDMI.

Try this: Unplug everything from TV and AVR, let them be for a few hours. I was about to take the screwdriver to the TV after leaving it unplugged for 3 - 4 hours, but figured I would test it again and the HDMI inputs were working. Did not fare so well for the cheapo AVR I had in that room, it's HDMI output was shot.

Worth a try, hope it works out for you.

EDIT: Re-read and see you know the TV is good. Still would try unplugging AVR for at least a few hours. Fingers crossed...

Last edited by smcmillan2; Yesterday at 06:21 PM. Reason: Additional info
smcmillan2 is offline  
post #8643 of 8647 Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Member
 
nehmia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcmillan2 View Post
Had a similar issue a few months ago. Couldn't get any video on any of my plasma's HDMI inputs, component was fine. Tested each input with a tablet and everything else I could think of, nada. This was after a lightning strike directly over the house, equipment is on good surge suppressors but not on UPSs - And it only affected HDMI.

Try this: Unplug everything from TV and AVR, let them be for a few hours. I was about to take the screwdriver to the TV after leaving it unplugged for 3 - 4 hours, but figured I would test it again and the HDMI inputs were working. Did not fare so well for the cheapo AVR I had in that room, it's HDMI output was shot.

Worth a try, hope it works out for you.
Appreciate the response, but I am using another TV that has a known good HDMI port and using a known good HDMI cable. This was all verified with a good source (laptop). So I took those known good components and tried getting a signal from the X2000. No joy. Soft reset (10 minutes unplugged), no joy. Micro processor rest (5 times), no joy.

Panasonic 60VT60 | Denon X2000 | Polk monitor 75T | Polk monitor 25C | Polk monitor 45B
nehmia is offline  
post #8644 of 8647 Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM
Member
 
nehmia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcmillan2 View Post

EDIT: Re-read and see you know the TV is good. Still would try unplugging AVR for at least a few hours. Fingers crossed...
No problem! Appreciate the well wishes. Cheers!

Edit: I do have the AVR unplugged as I am going to bed. I'll get around to it tomorrow afternoon.

Panasonic 60VT60 | Denon X2000 | Polk monitor 75T | Polk monitor 25C | Polk monitor 45B
nehmia is offline  
post #8645 of 8647 Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM
Newbie
 
dantr0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi dantr0n, since you added the sub run auto setup.
Ran autosetup without luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Try resetting the microprocessor and then run Audyssey immediately after. If still no joy, exchange the unit.
Resetting the microprocessor w/Audyssey followup didn't work. I hooked up the sub to my TV and confirmed the sub is working fine. I'll play around with it a bit more but it sound like I need to warranty it out. Appreciate the suggestions.
dantr0n is offline  
post #8646 of 8647 Old Today, 03:38 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 43,627
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Liked: 1369
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehmia View Post
So have had my X2000 for 2-3 months (thanks JD!) and today a thunderstorm rolled through. I have all my components plugged into a pure sine UPS and have a whole home surge protector at the panel. Well my TV showed no signal suddenly (no boom or strike... I've heard of static electricity being residual?). I can't get any output on the X2000 on a known good TV and HDMI cable. I have done the soft reset as well as the micro processor reset five times.

JD, should I give Denon a call?
Yup as well as the UPS and whole home surge protector companies as they usually have insurance money that may be available for replacement.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2309ci Receiver , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Denon , Denon Electronics , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Denon Avr E200 , Denon Avr E300 , Denon Avr E400 , Denon Avr X2000 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X3000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X1000 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page


    Forum Jump: 

    Posting Rules  
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off