The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 289 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8641 of 8647 Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
So have had my X2000 for 2-3 months (thanks JD!) and today a thunderstorm rolled through. I have all my components plugged into a pure sine UPS and have a whole home surge protector at the panel. Well my TV showed no signal suddenly (no boom or strike... I've heard of static electricity being residual?). I can't get any output on the X2000 on a known good TV and HDMI cable. I have done the soft reset as well as the micro processor reset five times.

JD, should I give Denon a call?

Panasonic 60VT60 | Denon X2000 | Polk monitor 75T | Polk monitor 25C | Polk monitor 45B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8642 of 8647 Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehmia View Post
So have had my X2000 for 2-3 months (thanks JD!) and today a thunderstorm rolled through. I have all my components plugged into a pure sine UPS and have a whole home surge protector at the panel. Well my TV showed no signal suddenly (no boom or strike... I've heard of static electricity being residual?). I can't get any output on the X2000 on a known good TV and HDMI cable. I have done the soft reset as well as the micro processor reset five times.

Had a similar issue a few months ago. Couldn't get any video on any of my plasma's HDMI inputs, component was fine. Tested each input with a tablet and everything else I could think of, nada. This was after a lightning strike directly over the house, equipment is on good surge suppressors but not on UPSs - And it only affected HDMI.

Try this: Unplug everything from TV and AVR, let them be for a few hours. I was about to take the screwdriver to the TV after leaving it unplugged for 3 - 4 hours, but figured I would test it again and the HDMI inputs were working. Did not fare so well for the cheapo AVR I had in that room, it's HDMI output was shot.

Worth a try, hope it works out for you.

EDIT: Re-read and see you know the TV is good. Still would try unplugging AVR for at least a few hours. Fingers crossed...

Last edited by smcmillan2; Yesterday at 06:21 PM. Reason: Additional info
post #8643 of 8647 Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcmillan2 View Post
Had a similar issue a few months ago. Couldn't get any video on any of my plasma's HDMI inputs, component was fine. Tested each input with a tablet and everything else I could think of, nada. This was after a lightning strike directly over the house, equipment is on good surge suppressors but not on UPSs - And it only affected HDMI.

Try this: Unplug everything from TV and AVR, let them be for a few hours. I was about to take the screwdriver to the TV after leaving it unplugged for 3 - 4 hours, but figured I would test it again and the HDMI inputs were working. Did not fare so well for the cheapo AVR I had in that room, it's HDMI output was shot.

Worth a try, hope it works out for you.
Appreciate the response, but I am using another TV that has a known good HDMI port and using a known good HDMI cable. This was all verified with a good source (laptop). So I took those known good components and tried getting a signal from the X2000. No joy. Soft reset (10 minutes unplugged), no joy. Micro processor rest (5 times), no joy.

Panasonic 60VT60 | Denon X2000 | Polk monitor 75T | Polk monitor 25C | Polk monitor 45B
post #8644 of 8647 Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcmillan2 View Post

EDIT: Re-read and see you know the TV is good. Still would try unplugging AVR for at least a few hours. Fingers crossed...
No problem! Appreciate the well wishes. Cheers!

Edit: I do have the AVR unplugged as I am going to bed. I'll get around to it tomorrow afternoon.

post #8645 of 8647 Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi dantr0n, since you added the sub run auto setup.
Ran autosetup without luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Try resetting the microprocessor and then run Audyssey immediately after. If still no joy, exchange the unit.
Resetting the microprocessor w/Audyssey followup didn't work. I hooked up the sub to my TV and confirmed the sub is working fine. I'll play around with it a bit more but it sound like I need to warranty it out. Appreciate the suggestions.
post #8646 of 8647 Old Today, 03:38 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Liked: 1369
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehmia View Post

Yup as well as the UPS and whole home surge protector companies as they usually have insurance money that may be available for replacement.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2309ci Receiver , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Denon , Denon Electronics , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Denon Avr E200 , Denon Avr E300 , Denon Avr E400 , Denon Avr X2000 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X3000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X1000 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page