The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 291 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8701 of 8707 Old Today, 08:04 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked: 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Steam View Post
Thanks JD. The explanation earlier in the thread about how that programming of the remote works, wasn't very clear to me. All is well in my audio domain
Repeated for other X4000 owner's viewing pleasure ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
How to prevent Zones 2/3 from powering on when not using them

For those X4000 owners using the Denon remote that are having difficulty with Zones 2 or 3 powering on, yet not currently having any Zone 2/3 speakers connected, you can program the remote to only control the Main zone as shown on p. 208 in the Owner's manual and below ...

Main zone only - press/hold Main + Setup
Main zone + Zone 2 - press/hold "2" + Setup
Main zone + Zone 2 + Zone 3 - press/hold "3" + Setup

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8702 of 8707 Old Today, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So I'm actually still not clear on this LOL If I leave it at main + zone 2, every time I power off I need to shut zone 2 separately? And when I power up zone 2 will be off until I power it on? Something still isn't clear and the above doesn't explain that.

Sorry if this seems trivial or that I have brain lock here :
post #8703 of 8707 Old Today, 11:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Jumped ship from Yamaha to Denon after 20 years of buying Yamaha, due to good deal on X4000. Wondered what sort of numbers this put out on the bench, given it's lightweight but did not see any review showing numbers.

Anyone seen one?

"But this one goes up to 11"
post #8704 of 8707 Old Today, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 1072
Regardless of how the remote is set, zones are controlled independently for power on/off, volume etc. The procedure that JD described above simply allows you to "lock out" the option of controlling certain zones accidentally.

So if you power Zone 2 on, it won't go off until you turn it off. And if it's off, powering up Main Zone won't turn it on.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #8705 of 8707 Old Today, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Regardless of how the remote is set, zones are controlled independently for power on/off, volume etc. The procedure that JD described above simply allows you to "lock out" the option of controlling certain zones accidentally.

So if you power Zone 2 on, it won't go off until you turn it off. And if it's off, powering up Main Zone won't turn it on.
Thanks for that confirmation. Didn't want to turn on the TV at 11pm, watching Fast & Furious 6 and shock the neighbors out of their shorts
post #8706 of 8707 Old Today, 02:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 99
On Yamaha, I always set all my speakers to small, crossover to 80hz and let the subwoofer handle the LFE and crossed over bass.

I tried that on the X4000 after running Audyssey and the bass seems a bit weak now. It could be that it's weak in comparison to how Audyssey set stuff up initially, I don't trust my audio memory too much.

Closer by NIN nails ( by default bass test track) sounds ok, but London Bridge by Fergie sounds weak ( this track should have a lot of bass in it.)

I know you guys know your Denon, so any help is great

"But this one goes up to 11"
post #8707 of 8707 Old Today, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 1072
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post
On Yamaha, I always set all my speakers to small, crossover to 80hz and let the subwoofer handle the LFE and crossed over bass.

I tried that on the X4000 after running Audyssey and the bass seems a bit weak now. It could be that it's weak in comparison to how Audyssey set stuff up initially, I don't trust my audio memory too much.

Closer by NIN nails ( by default bass test track) sounds ok, but London Bridge by Fergie sounds weak ( this track should have a lot of bass in it.)

I know you guys know your Denon, so any help is great
There are a couple of stock answers...

The first is that -- because YPAO doesn't EQ the subwoofer with nearly the same efficacy as XT32 -- you had grown used to some pleasing "lumps" the bass that have now been flattened out by XT32. So the bass is flatter / more accurate, but not as visceral.

So most recommend giving yourself some time to adjust to the "flat" bass, and then if you still feel it's weak, just up the subwoofer channel manually a few dB until you get the oomph you are looking for.

You should also be using Dynamic EQ if you aren't, since it will restore a lot of the bass frequencies at sub-reference volumes.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2309ci Receiver , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Denon , Denon Electronics , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Denon Avr E200 , Denon Avr E300 , Denon Avr E400 , Denon Avr X2000 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X3000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X1000 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page