The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 298 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8911 of 8939 Old 09-20-2014, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Well I got my x4000 back from geek squad today. So far no automatic shut offs. I'm not gonna unclench my butt until at least 2 weeks of no problems.

Sony KDL-70R550A (passive 3D tv)
Denon x4000 (amazing sound correcting software)
Klipsch RF-62IIs (amazing horns)
Klipsch RC-62II (so clear)
Klipsch RS-41IIs (so full)
SVS PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12d (so boom)

Last edited by Teremei; 09-20-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8912 of 8939 Old 09-20-2014, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Well I got my x4000 back from geek squad today. So far no automatic shut offs. I'm not gonna unclinch my butt until at least 2 weeks of no problems.

Might as well stick a lump of coal up there while you wait [emoji6]

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
post #8913 of 8939 Old 09-20-2014, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Hi all,
I just upgraded to the X4000 from the 1911. I ran Audyssey (currently with a 3.1 setup) and noticed that all the sounds seem muted than what I just left off from the 1911. I just watched Rio 2 (kids choice not mine) and my sub wasn't doing a thing, nor were my mains very loud at -10? After the movie I put on Pandora through the Network and the sub/mains came to life but still less output than what I am used too. From reading the 100s of reviews, the sound should be spectacular compared to my 1911. I believe it's user error at this point. Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding what I am doing wrong? While the movie was playing I verified on the receiver that it was utilizing the fronts, center, and SW.
I will probably rerun Audyssey when time allows but I am a little befuddled because I thought I was fairly up to speed with Denon products by this time...

Appreciate any assistance.
DW
post #8914 of 8939 Old 09-22-2014, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Hi need help. I dont have a sound. I have E400. Im using it with my directv non hd cable. I using hdmi from my tv thru hdmi monitor to my avr. But for cable box im using the rca red white yellow. Problem is i have video but no audio. Hpw to get the sound? Need help thanks
post #8915 of 8939 Old 09-22-2014, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post
Hi need help. I dont have a sound. I have E400. Im using it with my directv non hd cable. I using hdmi from my tv thru hdmi monitor to my avr. But for cable box im using the rca red white yellow. Problem is i have video but no audio. Hpw to get the sound? Need help thanks
You need to check the input assigments for the source name that you are using for the DTV box. If there are "higher priority" input options assigned the receiver is probably assuming that the audio is coming in via HDMI or optical. You can either manually unassign any other inputs from that name, or set the Input Mode setting for that name to "analog" to force the analog audio.
caloyzki likes this.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8916 of 8939 Old 09-23-2014, 12:54 PM

Liked: 10
Hey all, I own the X4000 and a set of Klipsch speakers ( RF-62 II's, RC-62, Paradigm rears and a Power Sound XV-15). I have owned several Denon receivers and am familiar with Audyssey and have set up several of my systems with good results. My issue is that after Audyssey is set-up and you check the speaker levels the test tones emitted seem very low in volume and no where near a 75db SPL. I do not remember the tones being that soft when I first set it up about a year ago. Is there a setting I am not aware of that controls the volume of these tones?
post #8917 of 8939 Old 09-23-2014, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookhart995 View Post
Hey all, I own the X4000 and a set of Klipsch speakers ( RF-62 II's, RC-62, Paradigm rears and a Power Sound XV-15). I have owned several Denon receivers and am familiar with Audyssey and have set up several of my systems with good results. My issue is that after Audyssey is set-up and you check the speaker levels the test tones emitted seem very low in volume and no where near a 75db SPL. I do not remember the tones being that soft when I first set it up about a year ago. Is there a setting I am not aware of that controls the volume of these tones?
Unlike earlier models, where the test tones started out at "reference" volume (i.e. 75dB), a year or two ago Denon switched the ch level check test tones to start at the same volume as the current master volume setting. So, for example, if you are listening at -40 and then go to Speakers > Levels and start the test tones, they will be at 35dB (75 minus 40)!

So just use the master volume setting to raise the tones to 0dB (or 80 on the absolute number scale) if you want to check levels. Although before you go mucking anything up and changing the internal levels, read this: Why is it a bad idea to use your AVR test tones to check SPL levels set by Audyssey

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #8918 of 8939 Old 09-23-2014, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I did a thread search and a whole site search but I can't seem to find any opinion to sway me definitely in a direction on this issue. I have an x2000 and I'm building a very small home theater room. Its so small, I'll be lucky if the back row has 2 ft. of distance from the back wall, leaving me with a difficult decision. Do I go for rear surrounds in my 7.1 setup, or front heights? Any x2000 owners able to tell me how both compare on this system? I can't do both unfortunately, guess I will have to settle for one or the other. But I have no idea which might sound better, spe ifically using the x2000 with satellite speakers.

My Humble Home Theater:
post #8919 of 8939 Old 09-24-2014, 08:05 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1101 Post(s)
Liked: 1521
^^
As you surmise, likely insufficient room behind the couch to make any real difference unless you want to move the "sides" to slightly forward of your listening position to provide more separation between them and the "rears." From what I've read, most seem to be 50/50 on whether Front Heights provide any real benefit or not, although it will of course depend on how the DVD/BD is mixed and whether there is enough ambient audio that can be pulled to simulate the Front Height channels. You may also want to consider moving your "sides" to slightly behind you so as to be closer to the wall to provide a "rear" experience and then add the Front Heights. If you have a couple of ladders you can experiment by placing the Front Height speakers on top of the ladders and see for yourself if they add anything to your overall listening experience. If yes, go ahead and permanently mount the speakers to the ceiling, and if not, simply unplug the wires, return the ladders to the garage, and call it a day.
CunningOrb likes this.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #8920 of 8939 Old 09-24-2014, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Directv

Hi all. I've got a new Denon x4000 on the way-YAY! I'm sure I'll have a few questions but one I know I'll ask is this-
I use the Directv remote for almost all of my tv watching duties. Can someone tell me how to program the remote to control the volume and mute on the x4000? That's all I need it to do. Thanks and I'm looking forward to being part of the club. (thanks for the advice jd).
post #8921 of 8939 Old 09-24-2014, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anyone know if we can expect the price of the Denon X4000 to drop anytime soon now that the X4100 has arrived? At the moment on Amazon it seems the 4000 and 4100 are almost the same price.
post #8922 of 8939 Old 09-24-2014, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrxx View Post
Anyone know if we can expect the price of the Denon X4000 to drop anytime soon now that the X4100 has arrived? At the moment on Amazon it seems the 4000 and 4100 are almost the same price.
Well a while back in this thread the topic came up. AVS had a few remaining when the new models showed up and they sold them for a pretty good discount, but I'm sure they sold them all by now. I doubt you'll see similar markdowns on Amazon at any point, you'll have to call vendors and find out if they have any left and what they are selling for.

Download my IR hex codes for the Denon AVR-4810ci and other Denon receivers
For Logitech Harmony support, ask Logitech for the Denon receiver in the account kmickunas.

post #8923 of 8939 Old 09-24-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Awesome price at Onecall.(talk to Brian)
post #8924 of 8939 Old 09-24-2014, 07:11 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
As you surmise, likely insufficient room behind the couch to make any real difference unless you want to move the "sides" to slightly forward of your listening position to provide more separation between them and the "rears." From what I've read, most seem to be 50/50 on whether Front Heights provide any real benefit or not, although it will of course depend on how the DVD/BD is mixed and whether there is enough ambient audio that can be pulled to simulate the Front Height channels. You may also want to consider moving your "sides" to slightly behind you so as to be closer to the wall to provide a "rear" experience and then add the Front Heights. If you have a couple of ladders you can experiment by placing the Front Height speakers on top of the ladders and see for yourself if they add anything to your overall listening experience. If yes, go ahead and permanently mount the speakers to the ceiling, and if not, simply unplug the wires, return the ladders to the garage, and call it a day.
advice much appreciated!

that's exactly what I'll do, just experiment until I am happy with the sound, just not too overjoyed to be doing all the extra wiring but I know it will be worth it in the end.

funny thing about my x2000, so far I've barely used any features on it except 5.1 surround sound and audessy setup. Darn thing isn't even hooked up to internet yet. Looking forward to the day...

My Humble Home Theater:
post #8925 of 8939 Old 09-25-2014, 03:15 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Recently I upgraded from pioneer VSX1020 to Denon X4000

I must say its a huge difference.
post #8926 of 8939 Old 09-25-2014, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi all,

Current setup:

Fronts = Polk Audio RTi6 - bookshelf
Center = Polk Audio CSi3
Rears = Polk Audio FXi30 - bi/tri switch
Sub = Polk Audio PSW404
Receiver = old cheap denon something

I'm upgrading my old Denon receiver to a x4000 and replacing my center speaker (CSi3) with a Polk Audio CSI6. I'm also upgrading to 7.1 from 5.1 by adding 2 newly purchased Fluance AVBP2 surround speakers.

My question is this, I already have a Polk Audio PSW404 sub and wanted to know if it'd be worthwhile to purchase a second sub, a Polk PSW505 for $200?
-Would I notice a major improvement?
-Is my PSW404 good on it's own?
-Will a PSW505 add a lot of value or should I just get rid of the 404 in a year or so and get one great sub?

Thanks so much!!
post #8927 of 8939 Old 09-25-2014, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

- YES!!
- Sort of
- At $200, a good value. But it depends how much you are willing to spend. Multiple subs is always a good thing though.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #8928 of 8939 Old 09-25-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
- YES!!
- Sort of
- At $200, a good value. But it depends how much you are willing to spend. Multiple subs is always a good thing though.

Well my option is to ONLY spend $200 now or wait until next summer when I could afford to get a $600 sub.

So would adding the $200 Polk PSW505 be a major improvement or should I just sit tight with the current PSW404 and wait til next summer?
post #8929 of 8939 Old 09-25-2014, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Dual subs are very helpful, by placing it elsewhere in the room each will energize different room modes and yield smoother, more consistent response across the listening area. Especially since you are upgrading the X4000 with the powerful dual sub EQ capabilities. So I would go ahead and grab the 505 for $200 since it's a good performer at that price point. Then you get a year or more to enjoy dual subs NOW while you save up money for a better sub. At that point you can just pawn off the 404 on craigslist for 100 bucks and add that back into the "good sub" fund. Or sell both. If you end up losing some cash you've paid a $100 "rental fee" for enjoying two subs for the next year.

In a perfect world you'd end up with two "good" subs, but we all have budgets and limitations. But it's not like we're talking about thousands of dollars here, I'm a big believer in enjoying what you can NOW, within reason of course.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #8930 of 8939 Old 09-25-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Dual subs are very helpful, by placing it elsewhere in the room each will energize different room modes and yield smoother, more consistent response across the listening area. Especially since you are upgrading the X4000 with the powerful dual sub EQ capabilities. So I would go ahead and grab the 505 for $200 since it's a good performer at that price point. Then you get a year or more to enjoy dual subs NOW while you save up money for a better sub. At that point you can just pawn off the 404 on craigslist for 100 bucks and add that back into the "good sub" fund. Or sell both. If you end up losing some cash you've paid a $100 "rental fee" for enjoying two subs for the next year.

In a perfect world you'd end up with two "good" subs, but we all have budgets and limitations. But it's not like we're talking about thousands of dollars here, I'm a big believer in enjoying what you can NOW, within reason of course.
Thank you so much for the advice!
post #8931 of 8939 Old 09-25-2014, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by marklivia View Post
Hi all. I've got a new Denon x4000 on the way-YAY! I'm sure I'll have a few questions but one I know I'll ask is this-
I use the Directv remote for almost all of my tv watching duties. Can someone tell me how to program the remote to control the volume and mute on the x4000? That's all I need it to do. Thanks and I'm looking forward to being part of the club. (thanks for the advice jd).
Audio code 31360 is probably your best bet. Then follow this procedure:
http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/169565-...udio-receiver/

post #8932 of 8939 Old 09-25-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Audio code 31360 is probably your best bet. Then follow this procedure:
http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/169565-...udio-receiver/
Thanks mdavej!!
post #8933 of 8939 Old 09-27-2014, 11:22 AM

Liked: 12
It seems my zone 2 is somehow stuck on mute. Has anyone experienced this? Any solution to correcting it?
post #8934 of 8939 Old 09-27-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
After following this forum since day 1, I finally pulled the trigger today and purchased the X4000. Amazon had it today for $799 and 12 months interest free. I can't wait to try XT32. I had a NAD 785 but it's been dying slowly.
post #8935 of 8939 Old 09-27-2014, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstiles4 View Post
After following this forum since day 1, I finally pulled the trigger today and purchased the X4000. Amazon had it today for $799 and 12 months interest free. I can't wait to try XT32. I had a NAD 785 but it's been dying slowly.
Congrats to your new AVR, it is amazing Denon AVR you will love XT32 from first second after your calibration, enjoy .

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #8936 of 8939 Old Yesterday, 03:32 AM

I have a projector and a TV. The projector (NEC VT595) is capable of 720p on the DVI port and supports HDCP, no problems when connecting the projector to any source directly. The TV is capable of 1080p, again no problems with my sources.

Current setup:
  • Monitor1 - TV
  • Monitor2 - Projector

For the following tests the source is configured to output 1080p at 60Hz. I use a PS3 and a HTPC (Win7, Intel HD4000) for these tests.
  • When i set the HDMI configuration of the X4000 to Auto (dual), the AVR sends 1080p (TV ok, projector no image). When i activate the Denon Setup menu, the output switches to 720p (TV and projector ok). Once i switch back out of the menu, the AVR deliviers 1080p again (TV ok, Projector no image).
  • When i enable the scaler manually and set it to auto, the AVR delivers 1080p (TV ok, projector no image).
  • When i enable the scaler manually and set it up to output 720p, the AVR delivers 1080p. This happens both in dual mode and when manually switching between Monitor1 and Monitor2.

In all cases it seems that the Scaler settings are completely ignored. Has anyone experienced this issue? Might this be a problem introduced by the HDMI/DVI connection?
post #8937 of 8939 Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM

Can the headphone jack be active at the same time the speakers are active on a X2000? My grandmother has recently moved in and as is hearing impared. I was hoping I could get wireless headphones where she can hear as well as the rest of us can hear via the speakers.

Thanks
post #8938 of 8939 Old Yesterday, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamisme View Post
thanks - I'll give those a try too. I'm in a support chat with Panasonic at the moment. The nice lady agrees that it is bizarre that you can only turn it off - she did note that her documentation lists no support for this feature. But, she is escalating my question, so we'll see what happens. Likely, nothing, but worth a shot.

Expanding this, does anyone know of *any* Panasonic TVs with network control that actually do turn on via IP control?
I have a panasonic TV and Blue ray If I pop a disk in the player the TV turns on not sure if that is waht you were asking.

post #8939 of 8939 Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw5billwade View Post
I have a panasonic TV and Blue ray If I pop a disk in the player the TV turns on not sure if that is waht you were asking.
I think using HDMI Control is the only way to turn Panasonic TVs on without relying on IR commands. Not having power-on IP control on my ST60 was the single biggest disappointment. That being said, IP control is still such a mess in the HT arena that I'm still relatively happy with my $60 harmony remote. I wouldn't touch HDMI control with a 10-foot pole -- makes debugging so much of a hassle with multiple devices.
ambesolman likes this.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2309ci Receiver , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Denon , Denon Electronics , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Denon Avr E200 , Denon Avr E300 , Denon Avr E400 , Denon Avr X2000 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X3000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X1000 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page