The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 315 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9421 of 9424 Old Today, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by panmanbrooks View Post
I want to explore the effect that an external amp will have on my 2 channel listening. AVR 4000; speakers B & W CM 10, Turntable is Pro ject RM5. Is there any common pairing that experts like JD Smoothie, or Batpig routinely recommend? I would appreciate experience any users, with similar equipment, will share.
The effects of an external amp will depend much more on your speakers and your listening room than on the source. My B&W 704 speakers have the same 90 dB sensitivity as your CM10 speakers, and they play as loudly as I'd like in my well-damped 12x13 room with the volume (after Audyssey calibration) at -25 to -22 dB. If you have a powered sub, the internal amps in your x4000 are hardly breaking a sweat even at very loud volumes.

I use an external Carver 200 wpc amp for these speakers, and I find that they give me a little more dynamic "punch" in the climaxes. But it's not a huge difference, and I wouldn't be using an external amp if I didn't already own one.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9422 of 9424 Old Today, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I am a current owner of a Yamaha RX-V375. I am making the switch to Audyssey. I am trying to decide between the x1000 and the x2000. Most of my movies are in DTS hd ma 5.1. If I get the x2000, will it matrix the DTS hd ma 5.1 to the back surrounds? Thanks.
post #9423 of 9424 Old Today, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quick Audyssey question. Reading through the first page it says

Quote:
Initially just run 1 mic position with the sub volume/gain knob set to 12 o'clock (middle volume) and check to see what the Denon set the sub volume to ... if it's -12db (ie. this means the sub is too loud and the Denon has reached...
Exactly how do I see what level Denon set the volume to? Sorry if it's self explanatory during the setup. Just trying to understand things.
post #9424 of 9424 Old Today, 01:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 518 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymacIII View Post
I am a current owner of a Yamaha RX-V375. I am making the switch to Audyssey. I am trying to decide between the x1000 and the x2000. Most of my movies are in DTS hd ma 5.1. If I get the x2000, will it matrix the DTS hd ma 5.1 to the back surrounds? Thanks.
Yes
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1
Gear in this thread