The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 322 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #9631 of 11475 Old 12-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks jd and old.

I'll try those.

I know I'm jumping around a bit here but is it possible to stream music from another app on my iPad to the x3000? Not talking pandora or spoitify.

Also, I tried sharing my music folder on my win 8 pc. I can see my win 8 pc from my denon but nothing happens when I click on it. I did briefly Google the WM terms above but my brain just wasn't absorbing much tonight. Maybe I'll try again in a few days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9632 of 11475 Old 12-07-2014, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1979 Post(s)
Liked: 2118
You can stream audio from any app on an iDevice using AirPlay. Just swipe up from the bottom of the screen and you'll see the AirPlay icon.
post #9633 of 11475 Old 12-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis View Post
First check the outline on pp. 66-69 of the X3000 manual.
Thanks. Somehow I missed that the first time you suggested. Sorry.

I followed the instructiones but still don't see any music. I'm sure I've done something wrong. I think I'll start a new thread in the Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming sub forum so I don't stray this one too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
You can stream audio from any app on an iDevice using AirPlay. Just swipe up from the bottom of the screen and you'll see the AirPlay icon.
Thank you. For some reason I thought Airplay only opened up the iphone/ipad "default music player. I'll test out my app soon hopefully.
post #9634 of 11475 Old 12-08-2014, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourworm View Post
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1e...ew?usp=sharing

I did a quick recording using my phone of The Following S02E10 somewhere in the 40:00 - 40:30 time (being played from Netflix through a Chromecast) and then upped the gain using Audacity on my computer ... so not an ideal sample but I think it gets the idea across. Ignoring the staticky white noise that is just from the mediocre smartphone mic and too much gain I can still hear the high pitched chirps. There's a lot of chirping in this short clip, but to point out one; just after he says "wishes" at the three second mark.
Okay, I hear two sharp "chirps" right after "river of blood..." around the "flow free" section. Is that it?

I can't even make out the word "wishes" near the beginning... so I'm not sure about that chirp.

Denon AVR-X4000 | Klipsch RF82 - RC62 - RS62 - (RSX4 satellites not hooked up yet) | av123 MFW-15 subwoofer
post #9635 of 11475 Old 12-08-2014, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
For this receiver, if I go with a Harmony remote, does it make any difference as to being able to program stuff in whether I go with the 650 or the Smart remote? Amazon has the smart remote on sale today.

I've read about getting functions from old remotes and that Batpig has a lot of 650 commands that can be downloaded. Can I use that for the Smart remote as well?

I also have a couple Home Theater Master remotes so I posted a question about which remote I should/could use in another section:
Buy a Harmony remote or use MX-500 or MX-800 I already have?

If anyone has any advice and cares to chime in over there that would be sweet.

Denon AVR-X4000 | Klipsch RF82 - RC62 - RS62 - (RSX4 satellites not hooked up yet) | av123 MFW-15 subwoofer
post #9636 of 11475 Old 12-08-2014, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1979 Post(s)
Liked: 2118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onk Yo View Post
For this receiver, if I go with a Harmony remote, does it make any difference as to being able to program stuff in whether I go with the 650 or the Smart remote? Amazon has the smart remote on sale today.

I've read about getting functions from old remotes and that Batpig has a lot of 650 commands that can be downloaded. Can I use that for the Smart remote as well?

I also have a couple Home Theater Master remotes so I posted a question about which remote I should/could use in another section:
Buy a Harmony remote or use MX-500 or MX-800 I already have?

If anyone has any advice and cares to chime in over there that would be sweet.
The Harmony remotes differ only in layout, ergonomics, etc. They all use the same library of commands so in that sense it doesn't matter which specific Harmony model you own.
Onk Yo likes this.
post #9637 of 11475 Old 12-08-2014, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
J I'd love to be able to streeam from my S4.
On Android, if you want system-level audio streaming using the AirPlay protocol, you must root your device. All other solutions are for a single app streaming the audio, giving the same capabilities as any other app supporting DLNA. I like the aforementioned BubbleUPnP myself, great DLNA control point app, can either take media on my phone or on my DLNA server and play it on my X4000.

Basically the Denon receivers understand two network protocols: AirPlay and DLNA. AirPlay is built-in on all i-Devices, and is implemented in some Android apps. DLNA is more prevalent in the Windows, Linux and Android world. It's an open spec so there are many apps and software out there supporting with various levels of success.

Quote:
So, from your reply I guess I need to set up Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or Windows Media DRM10. I don't like iTunes so that's not gonna work.
You can use any software that performs as a DLNA server. I for one like to use Serviio, but there are many others out there. This is a piece of software that will scan you libraries for new content and publish its content to any DLNA-speaking device on your local network, including your receiver.

Quote:
I know I'm jumping around a bit here but is it possible to stream music from another app on my iPad to the x3000? Not talking pandora or spoitify.
As said before, on i-Devices, AirPlay is probably the best solution and simply involves swiping from the bottom and selecting the receiver as the AirPlay player, from anywhere on the device.
Onk Yo likes this.

post #9638 of 11475 Old 12-08-2014, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onk Yo View Post
Okay, I hear two sharp "chirps" right after "river of blood..." around the "flow free" section. Is that it?

I can't even make out the word "wishes" near the beginning... so I'm not sure about that chirp.
I hear it a few times around there. Once near the end of "flow" and two quick ones while he is saying "free" (the first one in "free" is harder to hear). That's with listening to that section with a continuous 2 second loop to really pinpoint them.

The word "wishes" is at 3 seconds. The full sentence from the start to around 6 seconds is "who here wishes to join in a sacred rite" (I think the last word is rite).

To my ear I hear over 20 other instances that are at least as noticeable through the entire 22 second clip. They don't seem to be one distinctive "chirp" noise ... they can sound a bit different but I would describe all of them as higher pitched, short, chirps or squeaks or distortions or something (discalimer: I'm not in any way a discerning listener and any technical terms may be grossly misused). With over 20 in this clip I'm sometimes hearing several per second and the longest break without hearing any is from the 10.5 to 13.5 seconds marks.
post #9639 of 11475 Old 12-08-2014, 03:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post
On Android, if you want system-level audio streaming using the AirPlay protocol, you must root your device. All other solutions are for a single app streaming the audio, giving the same capabilities as any other app supporting DLNA. I like the aforementioned BubbleUPnP myself, great DLNA control point app, can either take media on my phone or on my DLNA server and play it on my X4000.

Basically the Denon receivers understand two network protocols: AirPlay and DLNA. AirPlay is built-in on all i-Devices, and is implemented in some Android apps. DLNA is more prevalent in the Windows, Linux and Android world. It's an open spec so there are many apps and software out there supporting with various levels of success.

You can use any software that performs as a DLNA server. I for one like to use Serviio, but there are many others out there. This is a piece of software that will scan you libraries for new content and publish its content to any DLNA-speaking device on your local network, including your receiver.

As said before, on i-Devices, AirPlay is probably the best solution and simply involves swiping from the bottom and selecting the receiver as the AirPlay player, from anywhere on the device.
OK. Thanks for the info. It's getting a bit over my head but I'll try to decipher it.

My phone is through my work so it's not rooted.

I downloaded BubbleUPnP (and will keep doubletwist in mind) so I'll test it as soon as I get a chance. Can I use it if I'm not rooted?

I'm not sure what you mean by "system-level audio streaming" but I don't know if I'll understand it any better with a detailed explanation.

OK, so with a DLNA program I don't have to mess with Windows Media Player as discussed before??

Thank you all again for the help.

Edit - And I guess I'll try Serviio and see if I can get it to work.

Last edited by de8212; 12-08-2014 at 03:10 PM.
post #9640 of 11475 Old 12-08-2014, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Also, if you're using Windows 7 or later, it can act as a DLNA server (if that's where you keep your music) without any added software.
post #9641 of 11475 Old 12-08-2014, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I'm considering getting an x4000 to replace my 14 year old sony ES receiver. I didn't see it in the issues posted up top but I was wondering if anyone has experienced any HDMI incompatabilities between this receiver and Samsung TV's? I have a UN55h7150. Thanks!
post #9642 of 11475 Old 12-08-2014, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Also, if you're using Windows 7 or later, it can act as a DLNA server (if that's where you keep your music) without any added software.
Yes, windows 8.1.

I tried Serviio and get the same result as WMP. I can see Serviio from the Denon but the music folder shows it's empty. In the Serviio console under Library I have the Shared Folders and I added a Local directory which is where I have all my music.

Again, I'm obviously not doing something right but this really should be alot easier.
post #9643 of 11475 Old 12-08-2014, 05:49 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4789 Post(s)
Liked: 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINaudio View Post
I'm considering getting an x4000 to replace my 14 year old sony ES receiver. I didn't see it in the issues posted up top but I was wondering if anyone has experienced any HDMI incompatabilities between this receiver and Samsung TV's? I have a UN55h7150. Thanks!

Samsung TVs generally work best with Samsung AVRs, although may not be a problem. Perhaps someone with your model can chime in. You may also want to post in the TV forum for your particular model.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006
Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective? Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 12-08-2014 at 05:56 PM.
post #9644 of 11475 Old 12-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I just bought a samsung 65" 7150 model and an x3000. No issues as far as hdmi, etc. I did have a snag or two getting ARC to work but that was remedied with the help of members of this thread.
post #9645 of 11475 Old 12-08-2014, 05:53 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1112 Post(s)
Liked: 806
Quote:
The X4000 works just fine with my PN64F8500 display, I haven't had any HDCP/HDMI/color-space issues if that's what you were asking about.
post #9646 of 11475 Old 12-08-2014, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Awesome to hear guys, thanks for the response. Will cross post in the TV forum and see if anyone there has this receiver as well.
post #9647 of 11475 Old 12-08-2014, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Quote:
It's getting a bit over my head but I'll try to decipher it.
No problem, let's just review the basics Anyone can correct me but here's how I see it. You AVR is basically a client and it needs files to be served by a server. On some AVR (not current Denons as far as I know) you can simply access Windows network shares and browse your files as if from another computer. This is nice but somewhat impractical for large libraries of content.

DLNA is a protocol that aims to solve that problem. Under that protocol, a device can be either a media server, a media renderer (i.e. a player) or a control point. Or, it could have many of these roles at the same time. For example, your AVR is a media renderer and a control point. Using the AVR remote and GUI, you can control what it will play from any DLNA media server on your network. Serviio and Windows Media Player can both act as a DLNA media server. BubbleUPnP is very powerful as it can act as a media server (for media stored on your mobile device), a media renderer (it can play stuff found on the mobile device or on the network), and a control point all at once. As a control point, you can tell it to fetch media on a different server (e.g. Serviio or WMP on your computer) and send it to another media renderer (e.g. your AVR). A nice feature of DLNA servers is that they typically scan your media library and read the metadata so that you can browse it by music style, artist names, etc. instead of just having a list of file names.

AirPlay works a bit differently. Basically it's a system-level functionality in iOS and OS X that allows a device to send the audio currently playing on the device to a networked player. So when you use AirPlay, you just push all the audio provided by your mobile device (whatever the app producing the audio) to the player. Android currently does not have this cool functionality. Some apps can push audio to an AirPlay player, but it's not a feature that is present system-wise for all apps. This can be enabled, but to do this, system-level functions must be altered, and this requires rooting your mobile device, which many people don't want to do for many reasons.

When your AVR receives an AirPlay connection or a DLNA request from a control point to play a stream, it either wakes up (if it was in standby) or changes its current source (if it was in use) to immediately start playing the requested media. In the case of AirPlay, the media comes from the iOS/OS X device itself. When it's a DLNA request, the AVR receives an URL to the media to play and starts playing it.

Quote:
I downloaded BubbleUPnP (and will keep doubletwist in mind) so I'll test it as soon as I get a chance. Can I use it if I'm not rooted?
Sure, no problem. BubbleUPnP and DoubleTwist have demo modes but they are paid apps though. You may want to try other free apps too, but personally I just settled on Bubble as it's in active development and features and bug fixes keep coming.

Quote:
I tried Serviio and get the same result as WMP. I can see Serviio from the Denon but the music folder shows it's empty. In the Serviio console under Library I have the Shared Folders and I added a Local directory which is where I have all my music.
Can't comment on WMP but in Serviio, in the Library tab, Shared Folders tab, you should then see your local directory. You should then check what type of media the directory contains beside the directory name. If it's only music, check the box under the music note. You should also check the box under the circular arrow if you want Serviio to periodically scan the content of the library for new stuff.

Also as your computer now turns into a server, there may be firewall issues but if you actually see the Serviio server from your AVR, then I think you're almost there and you just have to configure Serviio (or WMP). You're almost there
Onk Yo likes this.

post #9648 of 11475 Old 12-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Since UPS seems to have misplaced my X4000 I ordered from Amazon a week ago (so much for Prime) can someone tell me how the X4000 Remote switches HDMI inputs? Are there Direct Entry Buttons for say HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3?

I looked at the manual and it doesn't seem like it does? How easy / hard / quick is it to change Video Inputs on the X4000?
post #9649 of 11475 Old 12-08-2014, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 723 Post(s)
Liked: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse69 View Post
Since UPS seems to have misplaced my X4000 I ordered from Amazon a week ago (so much for Prime) can someone tell me how the X4000 Remote switches HDMI inputs? Are there Direct Entry Buttons for say HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3?

I looked at the manual and it doesn't seem like it does? How easy / hard / quick is it to change Video Inputs on the X4000?

Yes
Easy

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
funhouse69 likes this.
post #9650 of 11475 Old 12-08-2014, 08:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1339 Post(s)
Liked: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse69 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
Yes
Easy
And each discrete input command also sends a discrete on. Makes macros super simple. You can also rename inputs, so HDMI3 (if there were such a thing) can have a meaningful description.
funhouse69 likes this.
post #9651 of 11475 Old 12-09-2014, 12:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 96
If you have the X4000 (If UPS can ever find it / get it to me) and you have a 5.1 Set up (all Klipsch Reference II's) what would you suggest for a next move?

In your opinion what you your next logical step be? Should I go with the Surround Back ? Front Height or Front Wide?

The easiest in my room would probably be the Surround Back, the fronts not so much unless I can mount them on my wall or ceiling.

Do you / would you match the Surround Backs?

I believe I read something in the manual that states that you can't use all of the channels at once?

So I am trying to get some opinions on what you would suggest for a movie / concert lover.

Trust me I know that this is completely subject I am just looking for some suggestions.

Last edited by funhouse69; 12-09-2014 at 01:16 AM.
post #9652 of 11475 Old 12-09-2014, 03:31 AM
585-645-1006

^^
In order of additional benefit, Front Wide will likely offer the best experience, followed by Front Height, and lastly by Surround Back.
ambesolman and funhouse69 like this.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006
Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
post #9653 of 11475 Old 12-09-2014, 04:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
I have had no HDMI issues with my Samsung LED TV and three different Denon receivers, most recently the x4000.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Carver m1.0t, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, etc.
Headphone system: Sennheiser HD600, AKG K701, Burson HA-160, Marantz CD5004, Denon DVD-3910
post #9654 of 11475 Old 12-09-2014, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Harmony Home Control - Turn on Zone 3 Only?

Hi Guys,

I’m sorry if this has been addressed in any of the previous 9652 posts, but I received my Harmony Home Control remote Saturday and while it took a lot longer to setup than normal (with the assistance of my 8 and ½ month old daughter who of course wanted to help), I got the basic activities setup (Watch TV, Listen to Music, Watch Apple TV, etc.). However, I am having trouble figuring out how to create a more detailed activity.

I would like to create an activity where my wife and I can just hit a button on our iPhone (or the remote) and the Denon X4000 turns Zone 3 on only and goes to the network input so we can them open the music app on our iphones and start playing, via Air Play, a playlist we have of children songs which keeps our daughter pleasantly occupied while we get ready for work.

Can anyone assist or point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance.
post #9655 of 11475 Old 12-09-2014, 06:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post
No problem, let's just ....

Can't comment on WMP but in Serviio, in the Library tab, Shared Folders tab, you should then see your local directory. You should then check what type of media the directory contains beside the directory name. If it's only music, check the box under the music note. You should also check the box under the circular arrow if you want Serviio to periodically scan the content of the library for new stuff.
Tried again late last night and I think I got it. Not sure what the exact issue was but I was able to play a song.

I'll have to look again today to see how I have my music organized because it seems to be alot of clicking just to get a song to play.

Still haven't tried to play songs with my phone.

Thanks again.
post #9656 of 11475 Old 12-09-2014, 06:20 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawtyger View Post
Hi Guys,

I’m sorry if this has been addressed in any of the previous 9652 posts, but I received my Harmony Home Control remote Saturday and while it took a lot longer to setup than normal (with the assistance of my 8 and ½ month old daughter who of course wanted to help), I got the basic activities setup (Watch TV, Listen to Music, Watch Apple TV, etc.). However, I am having trouble figuring out how to create a more detailed activity.

I would like to create an activity where my wife and I can just hit a button on our iPhone (or the remote) and the Denon X4000 turns Zone 3 on only and goes to the network input so we can them open the music app on our iphones and start playing, via Air Play, a playlist we have of children songs which keeps our daughter pleasantly occupied while we get ready for work.

Can anyone assist or point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance.
For Airplay streaming, the main zone must also be on so Airplay can first stream to it, and then Zone 3 can be selected for Airplay, and then once Zone 3 is streaming, the main zone can be turned off.

------------------
Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #9657 of 11475 Old 12-09-2014, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
For Airplay streaming, the main zone must also be on so Airplay can first stream to it, and then Zone 3 can be selected for Airplay, and then once Zone 3 is streaming, the main zone can be turned off.
Ok, I did notice - even before the Harmony Home - that when I turned on zone 3 from the Denon app the main zone started playing too. Now I know why

The above aside, does anyone know how to get the Harmony to turn on zone 3 specifically and set it to network? When I did the setup program I didn't see, or missed, anything that allowed me to say turn on the X4000 and put the main zone to one input AND then also turn on zone 2 to one input or zone 3 to one input also, or all three zones on to different inputs.
post #9658 of 11475 Old 12-09-2014, 06:46 AM
Gov
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Received a replacement E300 from A4L yesterday and this one is a keeper!! Anyone on fence about buying a refurb Denon from A4L fear not! They were great about the exchange.

BTW, for the money, I don't think you do any better than this deal. They are practically giving away these refurbs. I have the Pioneer Andrew Jones bookshelf's and center. I am also using a Dayton Sub-1200 SW. After running Audyssey on the E300 I was amazed at how good these inexpensive speakers and SW sounded

I have been listening to my 4311 with Ascend speakers and PSA subwoofers for quite awhile now and have that to compare too. I am not saying this budget system sounds anything like that, but I will tell you it sounds 2 to 3 times better than what I paid for everything!

Main HT Room: Panny TC-P65VT60 (calibrated by Chad B), Denon AVR-4311, Comcast X1 DVR, Apple TV3, Sony BDP-S5100, Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers, Sierra Horizon and HTM-200SE, Dual Power Sound Audio XV15 Subwoofers
Basement HT Room: Panny TC-P58V10 (Black Level Restored!), Denon AVR-E300, Comcast X1 STB, Sony BDP-S590, Speakers: Wave Crest Audio HVL-1 (L/C/R), Pioneer SP-BS 22 (Surr) and Power Sound Audio XV15 Subwoofer

Last edited by Gov; 12-09-2014 at 06:50 AM.
post #9659 of 11475 Old 12-09-2014, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawtyger View Post
Ok, I did notice - even before the Harmony Home - that when I turned on zone 3 from the Denon app the main zone started playing too. Now I know why

The above aside, does anyone know how to get the Harmony to turn on zone 3 specifically and set it to network? When I did the setup program I didn't see, or missed, anything that allowed me to say turn on the X4000 and put the main zone to one input AND then also turn on zone 2 to one input or zone 3 to one input also, or all three zones on to different inputs.
I use the Harmony 650 remote and the Denon E400 receiver which has 2 zones ... I think it should work similarly. I was able to add Zone 2 as a separate device to get control of it. So I have "Denon AVR-E400" and "Denon AVR-E400 (Zone 2)". I imagine that you have the X4000 as a device already, so just go through the steps to add a new device and search for Denon x4000 zone 2 and then repeat for zone 3. Once the devices are added you can create a new activity, select the devices for each zone you'll want to control, and then you'll be able to customize away sending commands specifically for each zone.

In many ways this seems like a poor way of doing it, but I haven't searched around for alternate methods (like somehow getting the zone 2/3 commands added directly to the main device, maybe by learning from the actual remote?). One major issue with this is that your AVR will now be using three slots of the ridiculously artificially limited device limit (the 650 remote can have eight total, not sure about yours). Another issue is that if you want to have the option to control the other zones from within an activity you have to add those devices when setting it up. And this means it will automatically turn on all the zones when you start the activity.
post #9660 of 11475 Old 12-09-2014, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Single band, Denon-K protocol, 37kHz carrier like most other consumer electronics. There is no chance a USB receiver of any kind would work. I have no idea if stereo or mono is required.

Have you considered IP or RF instead?

EDIT: I've learned that Denon uses mono, and Power Save must be ON for the port to work in standby.
Thanks very much for the help, mdavej. It sounds like the basic $3 Monoprice 8060 unit should work. As regards RF or IP, I'm just trying to make the simplest and cheapest solution. It seems to me that an inexpensive ir receiver should work since the receiver has the connection for it.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page